Thread: To CF blade or not to CF blade?

To CF blade or not to CF blade?

hey guys. got notified by the dealer that i can get the sideblades as an accessory. i had always had my heart set on them but up until a few weeks ago i started realizing how much i liked the silver with the standard apollo blade. to this date i have never seen a silver with CF blade in person and, now, in my mind's eye, it seems to me that the contrast may be a bit much. not sure what to do.

i've seen the standard set up and at the time was so taken aback that i remember thinking how perfect it looked. having second thoughts. what do you guys think? what's the euro concensus on this?
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

For me both combos are nice-Ice with Apollo and Ice with Carbon Sigma. Personally, I would go for Carbon Sigma side blades only if your interior trim and engine bay are also Carbon Sigma-harmony overall...

Other problem is that I am not big fan of Ice Silver so, I can not be of big help here. Few days ago I saw RS6 Avant in Monza Silver side by side with Ice Silver R8... I can not tell you how much better Monza Silver is IMHO, little bit darker and richer silver shade-perfect candidiate for Carbon Sigma side blades!

If you do not have interior trim or engine bay in Carbon Sigma stick with Apollo Silver side blades.

Carbon all the way for me...

It might be an expensive option but i'd have the carbon side blades.

Go for it

R...

I think you should live with it for a while and then see how you feel. You may want more than just the blades. I really like the silver/carbon combo.

I just spoke today with my dealer and they're offering all the carbon pieces that are being supplied to Audi now as an option. He said the original supplier for these parts is here in California and they have all ready done the complete package on one of their dealer cars they sold for $50K+ over. I have him pricing out the engine parts for me now and I'll post the $ when hear back from him.

Btw, my car will be here the last week of April! You got to be getting yours soon huh?

The silver blade looks really nice, but so does the carbon fiber blade

Do it, CF blades are so nice on the R8.

Ever see whats under the blade? Well now you have.

wow i didnt ralize it was just a big hole there. i would think that would compromise rigidity but i guess not.

if i'm lucky i'll get it this weekend! will be released to the truck transporter tomorrow. dealer is 4 hrs from the port. still have not decided on the blades. i put in an order for them. but none are now available in the US. we'll see. if i love it when i see it in person just as it is i may cancel the order for them.

i cannot wait. 4 years waiting. lots of fighting to get in line. it will be worth it.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

nothing but CF. No hesitation ! ! !

On the picture, there is a missing air intake similar to the one still in place, but located under it.

Frederic

I have the ice/apollo combo and would have ordered the carbon had it been available. That being said, I would recommend living with the apollo for awhile before deciding on the carbon. The apollo has grown on me as it really pops under certain conditions since it is lighter than the ice (check it out at dusk!). Apollo may turn out to be more rare as well with everyone going carbon. Can't go wrong either way though.