Thread: Would you pay $14 million for a license plate if you have the money

Would you pay $14 million for a license plate if you have the money

After reading the news I really envy him for having the $$ to spend on a license plate. But if I have this money I would rather buy all the cars I want, and a huge diamond for my wife.

Any one of you happen to really know this guy?

Not a chance. Its ridiculous to spend that kind of money on a licence plate...even if I were Brunei's Sultan I would not do it... for me it's just wrong to spend that kind of cash when you can invest it, donate it, improve your house( or buy a new one for that matter), buy a yatch, etc, etc.

If I had that much money I wouldnt drive with a licenseplace - just pay the fine everytime I got pulled over!
    " I Am A Driving God! "

Quote Originally Posted by Bingocaller View Post
    If I had that much money I wouldnt drive with a licenseplace - just pay the fine everytime I got pulled over!
    Ditto. As it is I have yet to put plates on my Beast.

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Registered User another Russian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JavierNuvolari View Post
    Not a chance. Its ridiculous to spend that kind of money on a licence plate...even if I were Brunei's Sultan I would not do it... for me it's just wrong to spend that kind of cash when you can invest it, donate it, improve your house( or buy a new one for that matter), buy a yatch, etc, etc.
    He he... I think that guy already got the yacht and a house and made some kinnda small investments.. have you seen a guy spending his last 14 mill for the license plate?
    "Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo."
    - H. G. Wells (1866-1946)

Quote Originally Posted by another Russian View Post
    He he... I think that guy already got the yacht and a house and made some kinnda small investments.. have you seen a guy spending his last 14 mill for the license plate?
    AHHAHA, yes you're right....but I would rather donate it. But that's just me mate

Quote Originally Posted by JavierNuvolari View Post
    AHHAHA, yes you're right....but I would rather donate it. But that's just me mate
    who said that he doesn't donate just as much or even more. maybe he does. If you put yourself in his shoes and just for the split minute or so imagine that you've got All the material things you've ever wanted to posses , the license plate worth of a 14 mill is something people would talk about. Donation doesn't make that much fuss

Khouri pays 14 million dollar for 1 Abu Dhabi license plate

Saeed Abdel Ghaffar Khouri paid 14 million dollar for an Abu Dhabi license plate with the number 1, breaking the previous record held by his relative Talal Ali Mohammad Khouri, who paid up to 7 million dollars for the Abu Dhabi plates with number 5 and number 7. After the auction of 90 plates Khouri said he would have bid as much as 26 million dollars to get the desiriable plate. When asked what he intends to do with the plate he stated that the plate will be kept on one of the family cars and that he has no intention to sell it.

The auction, consisting of license plates only, raised about 24 million dollars. Proceeds from the auction go toward building a specialized emergency hospital in the United Arab Emirates.

cool. he didn't just blew the money on the plate but made a great donation I like that

Quote Originally Posted by another Russian View Post
    cool. he didn't just blew the money on the plate but made a great donation I like that
    Haha, yeah I liked that too.

Yea, good thing the money was donated

As an investment, it's probably worth it. However, as an article of genuine value, it is worth $1 approx. Even says so on it.