Thread: Throwing in the towel.

Throwing in the towel.

After almost 4 years of constant problems, 46k and multiple failures of about everything on this car, I give up. Its a lemon and thats all there is to it!!. I have not been able to get thru one service interval without having some failure of breakage of something(s). I really thought I could fix her and get her reliable.. but its not going to happen..Just a bad seed right outta the box. So, I am giving her back to Audi and it looks like I'll be getting a new RS4 as a replacement.
    Its sad, cuz I really loved this machine.. when it worked,, which wasnt too often.. I cant really believe I have to give it back, but I will not be stuck with the humongous repair costs this thing would demand if I do keep it. You really wouldnt believe the loooonnnngg list of repairs its had in 46k miles. Tens of thousands of dollars in warranty work and months or loaners and rentals while in the shop. I have just run out of patience and am tired of having to cancel every trip I planned for my family because I didnt want to get stranded somewhere. After all, one is supposed to be able to enjoy this car on trips and such, but I have never gone past 300 miles from home. Enuff is enuff..
    R.I.P 905739

Wow. And you're still going to consider an RS4? That's a good testament to Audi.

I've always heard that Audi's can be great or total lemons. I've had friends who've loved 'em and friends who've hated 'em. I hope you have better luck next time!
    If you never exceed the limits, how do you know where they are?

the rs4 is a great car. dammit you deserve it!
    dave
    '03 rs6
    '04 allroad tdi

Do the RS4 now - and get on the list for the new RS6 - know you are in the States but I have no doubt tha the new RS6 will make it over the pond :-)
    " I Am A Driving God! "

the rs4 is a real beast. you will love it. is audi hooking u up b/c of the rs6 being a lemon???
    10' B8 S4 6MT- GIAC S1, Injen Intake, AWE Catback
    93' C4 S4 5MT- VEMS, GT30R, Built Motor etc...

Don't blame you...mine has been waayyy better than yours but had its share of long periods in the shop in the early days (trans) but has been rather reliable since, having done Illinois to FL trip 4 or 5 times with no problems. So it seems i was able to work the big kinks out of mine, but now wear is kicking in as I just essentially replaced the entire front suspension. At 61K my DRC seems to be finally giving up as there is a clunking/shudder over certain bumps like something is loose in or just behind the passenger side rear door but i can't find anything loose other than the battery cover. Oh well. New battle to fight. Love this thing too much to actively work to get rid of it.

Good luck with the RS4 as I think you really just got a bad 6, certainly worse than average. Fortunately you are in a position to get out of the car easily (or more so than me) as no one wants to deal with me on trade in and depreciation has overtaken the $$ I have left on it. Driving mine into the ground with a smile on my face every minute of it until I hand my dealer the keys when the CPO runs out in 09.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

Sorry to hear it!

Paul,
    I hope the RS4 treats you well!!
    With your history, you deserve an Audi with NO ISSUES.
    When do you get the RS4?
    Please be sure to keep us posted.
    Your friend,
    Robert
    06 Magnum SRT8 : Trinity
    06 Sequoia AKA: The School bus

Thanks guys.. Its really a sad time here. I will have to return to the world of stick shifting after the comfort of tiptronic, but its ok. The VP of AoA called me and offered his apologies and said they would like to put me in a new car. They said S6 or S8 but those just aint me. I want the RS4 since its closest to the RS6 in performance and I just dont like the looks of anything else except the S5 which is a bit too much of a step down.. unless I want to wait for the RS5, but thats over a year away..and has turbos..I'll let you all know how this turns out, but I am happy that Audi is doing the right thing.

I hope, it all works out to your satisfaction this time, you deserve it. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Hy Octane View Post
    They said S6 or S8 but those just aint me. I want the RS4 since its closest to the RS6 in performance
    Paul,

Very sad to hear... but you may want to consider the S8. I have yet to hear any negative comments. A sweet, sweet ride. And an "auto" to boot.

Sorry it didn't work out for you. Your patience was near legendary...

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Hmmm

You've now lemon'ed 3 Audis, that seems almost statistically impossible. If i were Audi, I would've told you to take your business elsewhere.
    '97 993TT, '14 E63 S-line, '17 GT-R and a couple of '12 Mini Cooper S Countryman ALL4s for the kids.

I certainly didn't want to be the one to post that.

Some are more picky than others. Me, I've learned that these are machines built by imperfect humans and therefore prone to glitches from time to time. I do not expect perfection, just satisfaction.

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Well,

Quote Originally Posted by Benman View Post
    I certainly didn't want to be the one to post that.
    Everyone knew I'd be the one to say it.
    '97 993TT, '14 E63 S-line, '17 GT-R and a couple of '12 Mini Cooper S Countryman ALL4s for the kids.