Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oh, my.....(Edmunds' take on the new RS6):.....

Quote Originally Posted by tvrfan View Post
    but i if you have the new RS6 you can make him non-restricted? thats right? like the M5´s
    Yes, safely to 175mph which is MORE than plenty. Although, it has been seen capable of 205mph. Impressive.
    HKS786

Quote Originally Posted by HKS786 View Post
    Yes, safely to 175mph which is MORE than plenty. Although, it has been seen capable of 205mph. Impressive.
    M5's 155 limiter is very soft. 170mph with lots of revs and a gear to go before the the fun is called to a halt by the electro nanny. Derestricted is also 205mph, though I have not done this personally, others have.
    Current: 2008 M5 fully loaded, 2008 Tundra 4x4 TRD
    Previous Audi: 2006 S4
    Deposit: 2009 RS6 (cancelled)

If the limiter is set on 175mph, why just don't delimit it! Like you're ever going to do such speeds. If you do, I think it would have to be possible to drive the REAL top speed. Ok 175mph and 205mph IS a difference but come on: we all know it's (or the biggest part) to keep the green party happy.

Well yeah, I'm claiming to be a tough guy here but I don't even got an RS6. There's just nobody who wants this C6 more than me!!!!!!

Let's say I'm... thé biggest fan

Michaël Barbé

Quote Originally Posted by 3abdo View Post
    what i really like is the title: We drive the 580 hp M5 killer
    thats good news
    They took that statement out of the title: It doesn't say that anymore. What gives with Edmunds? Probably got paid off by BMW.
    "Four Rings to Rule Them All - Audi"

Quote Originally Posted by Michaël Barbé View Post
    If the limiter is set on 175mph, why just don't delimit it! Like you're ever going to do such speeds. If you do, I think it would have to be possible to drive the REAL top speed. Ok 175mph and 205mph IS a difference but come on: we all know it's (or the biggest part) to keep the green party happy.

Well yeah, I'm claiming to be a tough guy here but I don't even got an RS6. There's just nobody who wants this C6 more than me!!!!!!

Let's say I'm... thé biggest fan

Michaël Barbé

Liability, my friend, liability. Business before pleasure as they say.
    "Four Rings to Rule Them All - Audi"

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter View Post
    M5's 155 limiter is very soft. 170mph with lots of revs and a gear to go before the the fun is called to a halt by the electro nanny. Derestricted is also 205mph, though I have not done this personally, others have.
    BMW offer a performance pack which ups the top speed to something like 305km/h, imagine if Audi get the tyres sorted, what will they choose as their performance pack top speed.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Audiphile View Post
    They took that statement out of the title: It doesn't say that anymore. What gives with Edmunds? Probably got paid off by BMW.
    Richard, I know where the edmunds offices are in Santa Monica, I'll drive by there and toss a fire bomb just for you!

Quote Originally Posted by DuckWingDuck View Post
    Richard, I know where the edmunds offices are in Santa Monica, I'll drive by there and toss a fire bomb just for you!
    let us know how you get on with that
    HKS786

My favorite part is when they said something to the effect of.. This car is not to be compared to the M5 or E63 (referring to the fact that it can put the power down with 4WD). This car is in Lamborghini territory! Or maybe that was in the CAR magazine article?

Either way, the new RS6 is very exclusive indeed. I'm just proud to own one of its ancestors.

Question RS6 sedan ever coming to the US??

Been away a lonnnng time from this great forum when I sold my RS6 in Spring 06: loved that car!
    Bought a CLS55 AMG to replace it: fab car so far. And just tomorrow, picking up a '06 M5 (still keeping my 55AMG). Will be interesting to live w/ both at the same time. So now have been fortunate enough to own all 3 of the German uber-sedans.

So..what's the story w/ the RS6 sedan??? any chance of it coming to the States anytime in 09? Would absolutely love to own one again.

thanks...sorry if I 'm out of loop w/ if RS6 SEDAN will ever come here...

chutia: Sedan is going to the USA.

If you have patience, you can wait for the Audi RS7. A 4door coupé like the Merc CLS, which should have a more advanced chassis. The regular A7 should be introduced at the end of this year.

RS6 sedan prototypes:

Mazda MX-5 (Miata NB)

Quote Originally Posted by PeterJohn View Post
    chutia: Sedan is going to the USA.

If you have patience, you can wait for the Audi RS7. A 4door coupé like the Merc CLS, which should have a more advanced chassis. The regular A7 should be introduced at the end of this year.

RS6 sedan prototypes:

new RS7??? I found a few pix that looked very much like the RS6 Avant...anything else on it? sounds fascinating indeed......