Thread: Extended Warranty Nonsense - Suspension

Extended Warranty Nonsense - Suspension

Just got hit for $2600 for the left side front strut / accumulator / fluid / labor. 2 months ago during my last scheduled under base warranty, they did the right side at no cost.

I'm furious. I think it's complete b.s.
    But I guess that's just how it goes.

I don't track the car at all, but I'm really really thinking about just spending the extra $1k or so and buying the Bilstein / Stasis stuff.
    My assumption is that DRC is totally worthless if I do that.

Can anyone give me a clear picture if this is a good idea or not?

After getting hit hard for front brakes (can't find O.E./comparable stuff ANYWHERE) as well as other things, I'm about >< that close to just masking the problems on the cheap and trading the car in.

ive seen aftermarket brake packages which are less expensive to maintain than oem.
    what's a routine brake job cost?

Regarding brakes, at least you can save a lot on *pads* by going aftermarket. EBC redstuff works great for street, and I had good luck w/yellowstuff at Daytona last month.

Just fyi, you can get cryo-treated OEM rotors from frozenrotors.com for the same price that the dealer charges for non-cryo OEM rotors. I don't know how much the cryo treatment helps, but it certainly doesn't hurt!

I have to say that it makes NO sense to me that the OEM rotors can't be resurfaced - not my area of expertise, though.

If I understood the service manager correctly, a front brake job runs right around $1800. This includes rotors, pads, fluid, labor. Judging from the O.E. prices on parts, I'd say this has to be only an hour job. Makes sense, given proper tools and work environment.

Who told you that you can't resurface the O.E. rotors?
    Maybe it sounds a little brash, but to me ... iron is iron.
    Grind em down just a little, smooth em out. New pads. Done.

I just got quoted $1,400.00 for a full front brake job with all OEM parts, just not at audi dealership but,
    I am sure the parts come from them.

i was told stoptech makes brakes for our cars. Better rotors, less expensive...sounds like a good investment to me...