Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Audi R8 TDI V12 Concept

RXBG,
    My guess that USA price increase for R8 V10(over current R8) will be in your target area. Just think about it this way-its real competitors will be F430, 997 TT and facelifted Gallardo(BTW, that small buster will have 550hp). BUT, R8 V10 with 510hp(smallest number) and some other nice features will be handling wise as good as current R8 but, with more grunt on straight way(autobahn here I come!). Also if my info is accurate-only 60kg more weight(R8 V10)...

Quote Originally Posted by Damienr8 View Post
    I gotcha. Im still not "feeling" the spoiler, front lip and exhausts. I just don't like them. Everything else is fine. I cant wait to hear the technical specifications !!!!!!!!! I just cant wait!!!!
    These items are only for the concept for a wow effect, when the car make it to production I expect almost all of these things to have changed., though the effect on the car that they give will be required as this is one seriously fast car.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by KresoF1 View Post
    RXBG,
    My guess that USA price increase for R8 V10(over current R8) will be in your target area. Just think about it this way-its real competitors will be F430, 997 TT and facelifted Gallardo(BTW, that small buster will have 550hp). BUT, R8 V10 with 510hp(smallest number) and some other nice features will be handling wise as good as current R8 but, with more grunt on straight way(autobahn here I come!). Also if my info is accurate-only 60kg more weight(R8 V10)...

I am pretty sure that 520hp will be the figure and torque will be 500Nm, it's a hint I was given but as the source is reliable I reckon the figures are sound.

Also if my info is accurate-only 60kg more weight(R8 V10)...
    60kg is a lot for only 2 cylinders more IMHO.

Jarod.
    There are pretenders among us.....
    Geniuses with the ability to become anyone they want to be.....

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    These items are only for the concept for a wow effect, when the car make it to production I expect almost all of these things to have changed., though the effect on the car that they give will be required as this is one seriously fast car.
    I hope you are right Leadie. I hope they "tone down" the concept to have a more cohesive and agressive design without it being too overbearing. From a visual standpoint, it looks like it should be at SEMA

As stated before, I cant wait though for the full tech specs!!! This car is going to put some severe blows on it's competition.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pretender View Post

Jarod.

maybe, but it'll need a beefed up exhaust, larger rims/tires, larger std brakes, and some mild chassis beefing, and then two extra cylinders also add weight. hopefully no more than 100 lbs total.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

More videos...
    http://www.moskitos.ru/index.php?showid=229

BTW, it is Russian web site...

does anyone know what color that is? is that the monza silver or the ice? please.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Oh my... mean looking R8!!

sorry guys. i just saw the video again. i just have to say it. what a m*******************************************g looking g***************************************m, f***********************************g awesome looking machine. this is an alien ship. not a car.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Quote Originally Posted by RXBG View Post
    does anyone know what color that is? is that the monza silver or the ice? please.
    I will try to find out.

BTW, there are few interesting colors from Audi Exclusive range-specially Nimbusgrau(Nimbus Grey) Perfeffekt. I was thinking about that color for R8 with Carbon Sigma side blades...

Here is RS4 Cabrio in Nimbusgrau Perleffekt...

BTW, let go back OT.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nimbus1.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	6033   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nimbus2.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	63.5 KB 
ID:	6034  

I have seen this on a old shape TT, I am not so sure it suits small low cars, so KersoF1 unless they car show you a R8 in the colour I would think twice about it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pretender View Post

Jarod.
    Like RXBG said there is more any an engine which will be different between these two models. I will ask the next time I am talking to my mate on the inside.

Hopefully I will get a little insight into what will be so special about the V10 and what Audi are expecting from it (performance-wise).

Leadie,

It simply would look awsome on R8 with Carbon Sigma side blades. Trust me...
    Add Crimson Red leather from Exclusive range and wow!

BTW, since R8 V12 TDI features new LED lights here is nice PDF about them-sorry, only in German:
    http://www.al-lighting.de/neu/produc..._Ackermann.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    Like RXBG said there is more any an engine which will be different between these two models. I will ask the next time I am talking to my mate on the inside.

Hopefully I will get a little insight into what will be so special about the V10 and what Audi are expecting from it (performance-wise).
    with essentially the same horsepower, the V10 and V12's performance differences will lie in their torque and weights. if the V12 doesn't way too much more than the V10 it will more than kill it. but if it is too porky......

in general, their 0-60 will probably be about the same, if not dead on. it is in the 1/4 mile and high end acceleartion where the V12 will shine.

the V10 will likely compete at the 911 turbo level. the V12 will be in GT2/F430/gayardo territory- pushing 200 USD for the rights to the keys.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Leadie,

It simply would look awsome on R8 with Carbon Sigma side blades. Trust me...
    Add Crimson Red leather from Exclusive range and wow!
    Maybe it was the shape of the Mk1 TT that didn't suit the colour. I would agree that the contrasting side blade would help matters and combined with the red leather once the door was opened the interior would be the star of the show.

I just saw the video!!
    its bueatiful!
    I wonder that the price will be.

Quote Originally Posted by RXBG View Post
    with essentially the same horsepower, the V10 and V12's performance differences will lie in their torque and weights. if the V12 doesn't way too much more than the V10 it will more than kill it. but if it is too porky......

in general, their 0-60 will probably be about the same, if not dead on. it is in the 1/4 mile and high end acceleartion where the V12 will shine.

the V10 will likely compete at the 911 turbo level. the V12 will be in GT2/F430/gayardo territory- pushing 200 USD for the rights to the keys.
    It not so much that the two cars will be quicker or slower than each other but the way the performance will be delivered. With the V10 regardless of how much torque it will have, because is high up the rev range you will have to work the gears and the engine in very much the traditional way while the V12TDi will only require a prod of the throttle and thunderous acceleration will be the result - regardless of the gear you are in.

I believe the v10 will be quickest to 60 and 100 but the big V12TDi will win the race to the double ton and I reckon by more than a couple of car lengths as well.

KersoF1 as you have seen some of the specs of the car, what was the weight estimated at?