Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: TT-S Revealed - Official Thread

^^^^Thanks mate for those wallpapers. The new TTS looks really great.

New TT S is now at Audi.de

http://www.audi.de/audi/de/de2/neuwagen/tt/tts.html

some more nice Pics

all pictures are available as wallpaper, too:
    http://www.audi.de/audi/de/de2/neuwa...ldgalerie.html
    Vorsprung durch Technik

Do you like the way the speedo goes up to 300km/h. I wonder does this mean that the performance-pack is coming (it was hinted to me a while ago that this would be a possibility) and that it may include a raised topspeed.
    Search and you will find the truth.

leadfoot,

wich performance pack??? do you mean more hp for the TT-S???

source? ^^
    ~~~And God did ask the stones... wants their Quattro to drive... the stones answered..." no we´re not hard enough".~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    Do you like the way the speedo goes up to 300km/h. I wonder does this mean that the performance-pack is coming (it was hinted to me a while ago that this would be a possibility) and that it may include a raised topspeed.
    BTW, check out specs here:
    http://www.audi.de/audi/de/de2/neuwa...tts/motor.html

Quote Originally Posted by KresoF1 View Post
    specs from Audi.de in short: (no german required )

2.0 TFSI
    200 kW (272 PS)
    350 Nm 2.500 - 5.000 U/min
    (S tronic) TTS Coupé 0-100km/h 5.2sec
    (S tronic) TTS Roadster 0-100km/h 5.4sec
    V-Max 250km/h

Audi TTS Coupé 2.0 TFSI
    consume 8,0 l/100 km; CO2-emission 191 g/km
    Audi TTS Coupé 2.0 TFSI S trronic
    consume 7,9 l/100 km; CO2-emission 188 g/km
    Audi TTS Roadster 2.0 TFSI
    consume 8,2 l/100 km; CO2-emission 194 g/km
    Audi TTS Roadster 2.0 TFSI S tronic
    consume 8,0 l/100 km; CO2-emission 190 g/km
    Vorsprung durch Technik

Quote Originally Posted by tvrfan View Post
    leadfoot,

wich performance pack??? do you mean more hp for the TT-S???

source? ^^
    Yes, more power and possibly torque as well and yes I was talking about the TT/S.

No, I will never say where or from whom my info comes.

@ leadfoot

audi never did a performance pack for S or normal cars, right? so what do you think how would it be named?
    ~~~And God did ask the stones... wants their Quattro to drive... the stones answered..." no we´re not hard enough".~~~

There are pretenders among us.....
    Geniuses with the ability to become anyone they want to be.....

i love this car

by the way my S3 is for sale

audi TTS Coupé is comming !

mfg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRs9NtFvOJ8
    www.tts-freunde.de
    --------------------------
    TTS 2.0 TFSI quattro

There are pretenders among us.....
    Geniuses with the ability to become anyone they want to be.....

I must say you would have to be a die hard BMW fans not to find this thing a lot more exciting than a Z4 3.0sport or a 335i. If the S5 portrays quality and class the TT/S adds one more to that list, EXCITEMENT.

Now I'm really wondering why you are so exited about the TTS. I mean I still dislike it wholeheartedly (the looks are ok though) and think it's a pretty sassy approach to let people wait two years just to put the ECU of the S3 in the TT and sell it as S model with 8% more power than the standard and 25kg less weight, but reading all the excitement posts I realize many of them are coming from you.

So why should an S5 owner envy a 4pot 2l TT? I just don't get it. I mean if you had a GTI it would be the next stage and I could clearly understand your motives, but it sounds as if you're on the verge of downgrading with pride. You'd lose half your engine block, the power and the sound, don't do it!

Oh, and am I the only one in here who thinks that 4 tail pipes for a 2l engine is totally laughable?

And no, it wont make 300. I'm sure it will show you 300 though, but don't forget that the 2.0l already shows ~280 when it reaches its vmax of 245. The Audi speedometer precision is just terrible, but people seem to like it this way.

SigmaS6,

I love the looks of the TT, always have and knowing how good the fwd TT drives with it's lighter engine I just know that adding more power and awd will improve things even more so.

I prefer cars which handle well and on this front I feel the lighter TT will give more of a buzz than what the S5 could muster but in any case that was not what the S5 was design for, it's role is to be a classy Grand Tourer not a pocket rocket.

Am I down grading, no because I already have my name on an M3 but if I didn't then I would very much like the try out this as a future replacement.

If capacity is what rocks you boat well and good but not everyone needs or wants to go that route.

P.S.

If you think an Audi speedo is bad try a BMW.

Quote Originally Posted by SigmaS6 View Post
    Now I'm really wondering why you are so exited about the TTS. I mean I still dislike it wholeheartedly (the looks are ok though) and think it's a pretty sassy approach to let people wait two years just to put the ECU of the S3 in the TT and sell it as S model with 8% more power than the standard and 25kg less weight, but reading all the excitement posts I realize many of them are coming from you.

So why should an S5 owner envy a 4pot 2l TT? I just don't get it. I mean if you had a GTI it would be the next stage and I could clearly understand your motives, but it sounds as if you're on the verge of downgrading with pride. You'd lose half your engine block, the power and the sound, don't do it!

Oh, and am I the only one in here who thinks that 4 tail pipes for a 2l engine is totally laughable?

And no, it wont make 300. I'm sure it will show you 300 though, but don't forget that the 2.0l already shows ~280 when it reaches its vmax of 245. The Audi speedometer precision is just terrible, but people seem to like it this way.
    In short...couldnt agree more.
    Truth In The Blacklist

A question for you, if you happen to be driving an M6v10 and the new M3 had just been announced, would it be classed as down-grading just because you preferred to change to something which had better handling but was ultimately slower in a straight line.

You see the stupidity of your statement.

The only reason for the quad pipes is that this is the new trade mark for S models, chances are when the S3 gets it's face-lift it too will received the same treatment in much the same way as the B6-B7 S4 did.

P.S.

SigmaS6 & Rage,

Not everyone will want a big V8 or even a V6 engined car and just because Audi see fit to choice this engine over the 3.2v6 they clearly had their reasons even if you don't understand them or agree with them.

I also think that you two are in a minority by not getting excited about these two little coupes.

would it be classed as down-grading just because you preferred to change to something which had better handling but was ultimately slower in a straight line.
    There's more than just one world between a 4.2l V8 and a 2l I4. In your example you change your style but keep the level, but here you're close to loosing everything. You're getting back from the premium segment to a standard engine that's with slight modifications also beating in e.g. a seat leon or the rabbit. I'd see this as equal to dropping the excitement and exclusiveness factor all together and getting back on a chipped GTI stage.

I never said a chipped GTI isn't fun to drive, but I'm sure we can agree that it's playing in a different league than the S5.

The only reason for the quad pipes is that this is the new trade mark for S models
    Imo it's made for people who like to impress those that don't know the technical details of this car and assume a powerful engine in an quad-piped S-model.

I also think that you two are in a minority by not getting excited about these two little coupes.
    Maybe those who don't like it don't even register in forums like this just to rant about it. In the german forums it seems to be more balanced though, I didn't see unanimous excitement there. So maybe it's once more a matter of road types and general speed limits, that lead to totally different perceptions of the same concept.

But I agree that it will sell well, the 2l engine keeps it cheap for an S-model, so it should be an instant success. Even though that wasn't the initial idea behind S-models in the past...