Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TT-S Revealed - Official Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    The spec on this thing is amazing, racing style seat and magnetride suspension all as standard.

I might just need to rethink that idea of an M3 after all.
    Yeah you're so right bro. If 5.0 is official figure and we KNOW Audi is probably being quite conservative, then think what can be achieved in real life. It sounds very promising!

What could happen if there was a TT-R? To be honest though, Audi could leave the TT-S as the top model and there would still be a good model range for the TT.
    HKS786

Qisha made a small mistake... It is 5.4s for manual and 5.2s for S-Tronic.

Quote Originally Posted by KresoF1 View Post
    Qisha made a small mistake... It is 5.4s for manual and 5.2s for S-Tronic.
    Is this confirmed? Even still, 5.2 S-tronic time would translate to perhaps 5 secs flat in real life...
    HKS786

Yes it is. Read following press release carefully...
    http://www.fourtitude.com/news/publi...cle_3671.shtml

On second page is:"The Coupe with manual transmission takes just 5.4 seconds to race from zero to 100 km/h (62.14 mph), while a mere 4.4 seconds are required to speed up from 80 to 120 km/h (49.71 to 74.56 mph) in fourth gear. The Roadster is almost as impressive, recording times of 5.6 and 4.6 seconds respectively for the same two exercises. The electronic limiter calls a halt to this outstanding propulsion at a speed of 250 km/h
    (155.34 mph) in both models." and "As an alternative, customers can opt for S tronic, which operates using six gears and two clutches positioned one behind the other. At high engine loads and rev speeds, it is capable of shifting in just two-tenths of a second. As a result of this high-speed shift work and its dynamic start-off capabilities, the dual-clutch transmission from Audi shaves a whole two-tenths off the time taken for the sprint from zero to 100 km/h (62.14 mph) in both the Coupe and the Roadster."

@KresoF1...

I only have the German version ... from auto-motor-sport.de ... and they say the times which Qisha said...

Das sportliche Herz des TTS basiert auf dem bekannten Zweiliter-TFSI-Aggregat, das in der überarbeiteten S-Version stramme 272 PS und satte 350 Nm Drehmoment liefert. Damit soll der Ingolstädter in 5,2 Sekunden von Null auf 100 km/h beschleunigen. Die Höchstgeschwindigkeit wird aber wie bei Audipüblich auf 250 km/h begrenzt.

In Kombination mit einer manuellen Sechsgangschaltung und dem serienmäßigen Allradantrieb soll der Verbrauch des aufgeladenen Vierzylinders im Mittel 8,0 Liter im Coupé und 8,2 Liter im Roadster betragen. Mit dem optionalen DSG sinken die Werte um 0,1 respektive 0,2 Liter, auch die Spurtzeit wird um 0,2 Sekunden gesenkt.
    At the first paragraph there stands, that the Car needs 5,2 sec. to 100km/h ... in the 2nd that with the optional DSG (S-Tronic) it will be 0,2 sec. faster...

So what if Qisha was a mere 0.2s out on his figures, the man's knowledge and experience of the brand is greatly appreciated, that still puts the TT/S ahead of the game in terms of performance per buck. Everything about this little car spells pure driving pleasure and so what if the M3 is a little bit quicker than either the TT/S or the Cayman S around Hockenheim, does that really matter when so much enjoyment can be had for so little money.

I know I have made a commitment to the dealer for the M3 and I am a man of my word and won't turning my back on a deal but if I was in the position of considering a new sporty Coupe and the M3 was one of my choices then I would be looking long and hard at the TT/S and would find it's build quality, looks, interior design and performance hard to argue against, even when one of the other options was an M3.

In fact when the TT/RS comes out I reckon the R8 will be finding stiffer competition from within instead from other brands and the RS5 will really have to be something very special indeed to win my vote. As for the M3 and Z4M, both of these cars will find that life at the top just got a heck of a lot more difficult.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    So what if Qisha was a mere 0.2s out on his figures, the man's knowledge and experience of the brand is greatly appreciated, that still puts the TT/S ahead of the game in terms of performance per buck. Everything about this little car spells pure driving pleasure and so what if the M3 is a little bit quicker than either the TT/S or the Cayman S around Hockenheim, does that really matter when so much enjoyment can be had for so little money.
    Yep that's it. You know it gets to a point where there is an acceptable amount of performance that will make you smile. The TT-S as you said might not be as fast as the M3 round the track, but if it delivers the power in such a way that makes you smile it will have achieved it's mission. I really like this car
    HKS786

Is is one great car. Both in terms of looks and performance

yes this is real competion to z4 m
    audi own

Qisha says 5.2s for the manual and 5.0s dead for the S/Tronic.

This is what Autoexpress has to say about the TT/S

Quote Originally Posted by Autoexpress
    The fastest-ever TT has broken cover - and these are the first official pictures. With more performance and a stylish makeover, the sporty Audi has the Porsche Cayman firmly in its sights.
    Called the TTS, the newcomer is marked out by a revised nose that features R8 supercar style LED lamps. These distinctive daytime running lights combine with powerful xenon headlamps and deep grille to give the Audi an imposing presence on the road. Finally, 18-inch alloy wheels and silver finish door mirrors help distinguish the S from lesser models.
    Futher changes have taken place in the cabin. A chunky flat-bottomed steering wheel is joined by leather trimmed sports seats, and aluminium trim for pedals and doors.
    However, the really big news takes place under the bonnet, where engineers have managed to squeeze 270bhp out of the 2.0-litre TFSI powerplant. Linked to the grippy standard fit quattro drivetrain it results in a time of 5.2 seconds for the sprint from standstill to 62mph. Choose the swift-shifting DSG semi-auto and the figure drops to a blistering 5 seconds.
    To keep up with the Porsche Cayman in the corners, the TTS gets Audi's hi-tech magnetic active dampers. The steering has been sharpened, while the ESP gets a new, less intrusive setting.
    When the TTS is launched at this month's Detroit Show it will be available in both coupe and roadster bodystyles. Later in the year the first UK examples will arrive, priced at around £34,000 for the fixed head and £36,000 for the soft top.
    Either Qisha and Autoexpress are both wrong or Fourtitude and KersoF1 are, either way we are getting one heck of a quick little car.

P.S.
    Check out the UK price for the coupe, I was only £1K out and that was 3 months ago. Not bad for a guess and when you consider that the TT3.2 S/Tronic is £30K without Magneticride, the extra power+performance, the aggressive bodywork and the better headlights with LED, the TT/S starts to look amazing value for money.

What a star.

kreso has made mistakes previously. and fourtitude wrote an entire article practically confirming a V10 in the detroit R8, now they are are retracting that.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Quote Originally Posted by RXBG View Post
    kreso has made mistakes previously. and fourtitude wrote an entire article practically confirming a V10 in the detroit R8, now they are are retracting that.
    I made mistakes? Where? Here on rs6.com? Well, IMHO around of 95% of my info was(is) accurate, unlike some other deep throats here...

I have official PDF in German with info that also fourtitude posted in English.

And your animosity and arrogance towards me is getting pretty interesting...

If I(and full Audi Germany PDF press release) is wrong I will say that I was wrong. BUT, what if other person(s) were wrong? I politely said that Qisha made simple mistake(probably typo)...

I truly do not understand some people here...

Maybe Erik truly needs to do something here.

Maybe Erik truly needs to do something here.
    Yes. I was typing a reply in that sort of way already but you beat me to it.

This forum is the place for guesswork, facts, rumors to lay the 'big puzzle' and not to say who is right or wrong most times. We all make mistakes or rely on sources that are wrong.
    Has anyone been 100% right all of the time?
    Perhaps only those who keep quiet, and that doesn't make for a very good forum.
    If a magazine is wrong all of the time, please hang them but please don't hang out members that are wrong.

If someone is clearly doing nothing but spreading lies that's another thing, but I don't think that has happened.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Thanks Erik!

Your comment is really a class act IMHO.

Best Regards,

Kreso

bravo Erik!

KersoF1,

I don't think RXBG was getting at you, it's only when you pick someone else up for a mistake you have to accept that the same will be received in return.

Like on the other thread 'Audi in Detroit' I reckon the official time would be 5.4s which it was and you stated 'actually it's 5.6s', you have to remember if you state something in a matter of fact way people will pull you up on it, especially if you state other people to be factually wrong like Qisha was on some occasions.

As Erik said this is a jigsaw puzzle with small bit of info coming from numerous sources and if we can keep picking faults every time someone gets it a bit wrong then what is the point posting info as someone will pick you up on your mistakes.

P.S.

This applies to all of us, myself included.

Leadie,

I agree with you.
    BTW, "actually it's 5.6s" is pretty accurate-it is time for TTS Roadster 0-100km/h(manual version).

Leadie,

I agree with you.
    BTW, "actually it's 5.6s" is pretty accurate-it is time for TTS Roadster 0-100km/h(manual version).
    I know the roadster is 5.6s but you and I both know you were meaning the Coupe, it's the one we always talk about when discussing figures.

I wonder how accurate my estimate will be with regards to the 0-160km/h.