Thread: Northeast Installer for Stasis Motorsport Suspension

Northeast Installer for Stasis Motorsport Suspension

I am looking for a good installer in the Northeast, USA for the Stasis/Ohlins Motorsport suspension. Hopefully someone who has done this already on the RS6. I'm okay with traveling to NY/CT/NJ if necessary.

Thanks for any feedback.

I know Scott over at KTR has done an RS6. The customer let me drive it afterwards too. I dont recall the springrate or what it was dialed into, but I drove back to back with my stock suspension and its a very nice difference. Definitely on my list of mods to do.

edit. Inskip is now a Certified Stasis Installer, dont know if they've done an RS6 yet. Probably more expensive labor, but at least they are backed by Stasis.
    Last edited by got boost; November 29th, 2007 at 14:40.

Umm,

You may want to hold off on the STaSIS kit.

Myself and a couple of others are having clunking issues.

More NON OEM Clunking
    '97 993TT, '14 E63 S-line, '17 GT-R and a couple of '12 Mini Cooper S Countryman ALL4s for the kids.

Scott is gone from KTR... just got word that they lost their Audi technician.
    Any idea where he might have gone to? Another shop possibly?

Thanks for the feedback on the Stasis issue. I'll call them today to put the order on hold for now. Any other recommendations for a good suspension?

Quote Originally Posted by nene View Post
    Scott is gone from KTR... just got word that they lost their Audi technician.
    Any idea where he might have gone to? Another shop possibly?

Thanks for the feedback on the Stasis issue. I'll call them today to put the order on hold for now. Any other recommendations for a good suspension?
    Not sure.

I knew the one Scott left. I was talkin about the other Scott that does the dyno's, software, etc. Maybe he left too. I'll keep an ear out.

maybe Moton?

Good luck

I had my STaSIS motorsport installed in Brooklyn, NY, on my RS6 by Tyrolsport - speak with Mike, the owner. He was as professional and competant as I could have hoped anyone to have been. Very easy to work with.

http://tyrolsport.com/

Good luck, but do wait for an answer from STaSIS ref the clunking - I have the same issue.
    GBNF: Mugello, silver, carbon, RNS-E, H&R coilovers, Hotchkiss
    '14 GL550
    '79 911SC Targa

Spoke with Jared at Stasis, and with their customer service so far I am extremely happy. He is helping me find a place that will be able to do the work as well.

For now we've put the order on hold. Can anyone provide any more details on this clunking issue, anything at all, and also who they spoke with at Stasis.
    Jared is only aware of an issue recently in Chicago where the suspension was installed improperly on one side, and there was a rubbing of the shock against the spring. If I can get any information on this clunking to supply to Jared at Stasis, we can get some traction, and hopefully it is not the suspension itself, and instead some issue with the installation.

Thanks for you continued responses.

Nene, I priced out an installation in Norwalk Connecticut.

They have done several RS6's with Ohlin's. He quoted a price of about $5000.00. Two day installation.

Mitchell Frischer
    Speedtechnik
    www.speedtechnik.com
    'Performance Without Limits'(R)
    (203)-229-0590 (Voice)
    (203)-229-0593 (Fax)

Mike

PS. that is where I am heading if my DRC fails again.

Is the $5000 parts and labor? Because parts alone from Stasis is arond $3900. So, $1100 for labor does not seem bad at all.

Quote Originally Posted by nene View Post
    Spoke with Jared at Stasis, and with their customer service so far I am extremely happy. He is helping me find a place that will be able to do the work as well.

Jared is only aware of an issue recently in Chicago where the suspension was installed improperly on one side, and there was a rubbing of the shock against the spring.
    That was me, yes, my original install was a complete hack, it has since been corrected. This clunking issue we are talking about is separate than my install issues.

I have not spoken directly to STaSIS, my indie mechanic has been communicating with them. They're saying "a fix is in the works" but that has been the line for quite some time. LIRS6 has been speaking directly to STaSIS, maybe he'll weigh-in here.

I'd reiterate at 3 people with RS 6's with the STaSIS kit have this clunking issue, it is loud, obnoxious and exceedingly maddening. Do not pull the trigger until this gets sorted out.
    '97 993TT, '14 E63 S-line, '17 GT-R and a couple of '12 Mini Cooper S Countryman ALL4s for the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by iconcls View Post

I have not spoken directly to STaSIS, my indie mechanic has been communicating with them. They're saying "a fix is in the works" but that has been the line for quite some time. LIRS6 has been speaking directly to STaSIS, maybe he'll weigh-in here.
    ...weighing in, ask Jared to discuss internally with Jason Whipple at STaSIS - he is well aware of my issue which has been in existence since day one (last May), and with whom I have had several telcon and e-mail exchanges. He has also heard directly from another owner that I am aware of. Thus far, as stated above by iconcls, we await their 'fix.'

I re-iterate that Tyrolsport is very capable of the install, if you go the route of STaSIS, and I can elaborate on my experience with them if you have interest.
    GBNF: Mugello, silver, carbon, RNS-E, H&R coilovers, Hotchkiss
    '14 GL550
    '79 911SC Targa

Thanks everyone for chiming in. Besides Stasis, which had been high on everyone's list, what other good options for suspension are there.
    I guess DRC really is not that bad if we are seeing issues with other suspension manufacturers. I don't have the DRC issue, but want to get the suspension changed, mostly to lower it about 10mm, and get rid of the rear looking so high.

if a 10mm drop is all you want, have you considered the sportec lowering springs? I have recently placed an order for the extra cooling kit and saw that in the catalogue...

MTM I think offers just a spring set as well, but I want it to be adjustable. I want to change shocks and springs. Thanks for the idea.

Nene, I assume you know about Bilstein PSS9s? Available for about $1600, plus install.

Gentlemen,

although I am not suffering from any drc problems, , forewarned is forearmed.

There is also another option to the ohlins and to the pss9 bilstein for drc replacement.

I received following email with instructions on how to replace drc in 1 mb pdf.
    the kw suspension brand (german) is considered up there with the best by the local rallying fraternity, if not superior. I have also read on the UK rs6 website that considered by some superior to pss9 bilsteins as has infinite number of set up variations to allow optimun setup.

I can email the pdf to interested parties if they send email to me at john@elstree.com.au as I cannot upload pdf to the forum -exceeds pdf size.

regards to all,
    john

From: Dragan@inmotive.com.au [mailto:dragan@inmotive.com.au]
    Sent: Tuesday, 21 August 2007 7:37 AM
    To: Kopcheff, John
    Subject: RE: inMotive: KW variant3 for Audi RS6

Hi John,

It was nice to speak with you last night, as discussed the KW Variant 3 coilovers to suit your RS6 (4B models) have a tested lowering range of 10-30mm on the front axle and 15-35mm on the rear axle. The kit consists of threaded strut housings on both axles and replaces the existing suspension components. For the RS6 it is necessary to disable the factory active damping system (please see the attached installation instructions). The kits are $3557 inc. GST and delivery to Perth is $42 inc. GST.

Another option is simply using the standard OEM shocks for an S6 from the same model year. I was told they would fit the RS6......but who knows....

Mike

can anyone justify the cost of the Stasis versus the PSS9s? A few friends I respect (but not RS6 owners) laughed at looking at Stasis over the PSS9s. The general response was that you're paying twice as much for...nothing.

I admit the Stasis looks sexier though