Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MTM Audi R888 (888hp, 360km/h top-speed)

MTM Audi R888 (888hp, 360km/h top-speed)

MTM Audi R888 (888hp, 360km/h top-speed)

From Dubai Auto Show 2007

Can someone explain how they have got the gearbox to cope with double the horsepower intended for it.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Such an ugly choice on the wheels!!! I like the matte finish on the car color though.

I love MTM, but this looks like a total abomination. The wheels are ugly, the engine bay looks like it was assembled in someone's backyard, and the back glass air scoops/intercoolers??????

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    Can someone explain how they have got the gearbox to cope with double the horsepower intended for it.
    That's what I was thinking

Also I'm not sure on the styling. The matte paint is okay I guess but the wheels are stinkin! The engine bay looks tacky too, inside and out, just look at those daft scoops.
    Forget it all though, look at the numbers...0-60 in 3 secs flat
    HKS786

" I Am A Driving God! "

Yeah the paint job is amazing, but the wheels are very ugly, I rather prefer the MTM Bimoto wheels.

Sorry about the blank pix in my first post. I try to fix that.

Frederic ... HEEELP !!!

WOW! If the gearbox can cope with that... we got an seriously quick R8 here!

But the things I don't like, the wheels are terrible and the enginebay looks a little bit to much homemade for a car like the R8.

Frederic, more info?

Needs some cosmetic 'un-buggering-up', but I like the package.

What's been done to it? More details please.

1860 kg, that must be a joke ! ! ! fat like a pig. thats M5 weight.

... and that's why you won't see a forced induction R8 from Audi.

The hood is no longer transparent, so I'm not bothered by the look of the engine bay. They'll probably clean it up anyways.
    Mazda MX-5 (Miata NB)

Quote Originally Posted by tvrfan View Post
    1860 kg, that must be a joke ! ! ! fat like a pig. thats M5 weight.
    That's gross weight not kerb weight.

Banned
    i am so amazed by this car that i actually wanted to cry to believe it...Jesus Christ, all my life i was waiting for this car, why?Because i needed a proove to demonstrate that MTM is the world's best tuner whatever the rivals are. Bye bye Brabus SLR...Brabus has only 730HP but this precious think from GOD has amazingly 888HP from much much smaller engine than the SLR...888HP vs 730HP sounds very nice indeed And the performance, Oh My GOD the performance are way out of this planet vs other tuned cars like RUFF 911 997 Turbo or other cars.
    So why if the engine bay doesn't let others look to the engine bay if this kind of performance require a lot of space, doesn't botter me at all, you can lift the panel and let people see the "NUCLEAR REACTOR" every time you want and as you looked at this car has the same colour if i can call this a colour from the R8-S prototype with V10 spyed on Nurbugring and thefore MTM is a step foreward the competition
    I would like to see the car in reality but also i would like to tune an R8 to be like this, i would probabily will not have any rivals (not mentioning the Veyron of course). In my european eyes this car looks amazing and the only thing i would change to it are the wheels, i would replace them with the Audi Exclusive 19" alloy with low weight and would order the new biggest carbon/ceramic brakes from the new RS6 for it (replacing the MTM brakes), and would make this car perfect for daily use and especially for track use or even better:dry runs next to BMW cars or BMW tuned cars who i do not appreciate at all!

OMG :MTM:

Frederic :Any info about engine tune up ?

Quote Originally Posted by SupercarAddict View Post
    i am so amazed by this car that i actually wanted to cry to believe it...Jesus Christ, all my life i was waiting for this car, why?Because i needed a proove to demonstrate that MTM is the world's best tuner whatever the rivals are. Bye bye Brabus SLR...Brabus has only 730HP but this precious think from GOD has amazingly 888HP from much much smaller engine than the SLR...888HP vs 730HP sounds very nice indeed And the performance, Oh My GOD the performance are way out of this planet vs other tuned cars like RUFF 911 997 Turbo or other cars.
    So why if the engine bay doesn't let others look to the engine bay if this kind of performance require a lot of space, doesn't botter me at all, you can lift the panel and let people see the "NUCLEAR REACTOR" every time you want and as you looked at this car has the same colour if i can call this a colour from the R8-S prototype with V10 spyed on Nurbugring and thefore MTM is a step foreward the competition
    I would like to see the car in reality but also i would like to tune an R8 to be like this, i would probabily will not have any rivals (not mentioning the Veyron of course). In my european eyes this car looks amazing and the only thing i would change to it are the wheels, i would replace them with the Audi Exclusive 19" alloy with low weight and would order the new biggest carbon/ceramic brakes from the new RS6 for it (replacing the MTM brakes), and would make this car perfect for daily use and especially for track use or even better:dry runs next to BMW cars or BMW tuned cars who i do not appreciate at all!
    Look who's back.
    Mazda MX-5 (Miata NB)

Sorry for the cold shower, but this car is not from MTM Heaquarters. Talked to Roland Mayer last evening and this is a project from Middle East MTM Importer. Be ready for something crazy on the R8 from MTM...

Frederic