Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which is faster - Stock RS6 or Stock RS4?

Quote Originally Posted by Antagonist View Post
    I won't believe the hype until I go toe to toe with one myself. You can never take youtube all that seriously either. I've seen M3's beating up on RS6's...please. I eat them up on a regular basis. I'll chime in once I've had a chance to run with one.
    Got me confused....that car are you driving?

I've gotten along side of Vettes, M3s S4's, none can touch the RS6.....unless they were not trying....

Aronis, you've beaten a Z06?

I won't believe the hype until I go toe to toe with one myself. You can never take youtube all that seriously either. I've seen M3's beating up on RS6's...please. I eat them up on a regular basis. I'll chime in once I've had a chance to run with one.

That is exactly what I tried to do today when I was at the Audi Driving Experience event in Fontana, there were a couple RS4s there and we chatted briefly about lining them up but the bastards at Audi stopped us.

Though some of the girls who were working there are kinda cute.....

Quote Originally Posted by Aronis View Post
    Got me confused....that car are you driving?

I've gotten along side of Vettes, M3s S4's, none can touch the RS6.....unless they were not trying....

I'm driving an RS6. I should probably update my profile to reflect that. I'm also at 5280ft above sea level where turbos provide a significant advantage over NA engines.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckWingDuck View Post

Has anyone here beaten a Z06? That's one car I usually give the nod to. Very fast even up here at altitude.

Has anyone here beaten a Z06?
    The Ruf R Turbo was faster when we tested
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Are you sure Erik!?

I had a go against RS6 in my current M3 and RS6 doesn't exactly kill e46 M3 at all. I don't go by youtube either but i had two instances where RS6 was just slightly faster

Really? You must be the exception because I usually walk them pretty good. The latest runs were from 60 to about 120 and it wasn't pretty. Raced one from a dig a couple of months ago and it was more of a fight but still not a race. I also NEVER instigate the race so they almost always have the jump on me. As I mentioned earlier I'm also at 5280ft and have 2 more cylinders and a couple of turbos to boot. I have a ton of respect for the M3 and if I wasn’t so broke these days I would own one in a heartbeat. For a N/A V6 it certainly hauls the mail.

Hi, the altitude you are at, does no favours whatsoever to NA engines, they loose about 10-15 % power. I used to own RS6 myself so am not making up anything, just my experience. I still admire RS6, and believe me, if i could afford another one, i would. But price tag is not the only thing you worry about unfortunately, maintenance .. could cost a lot. M3, when you buy a good example is very very reliable car, and much better on fuel to RS6, not that it matters to me much but it is

N/A engines really do suffer up here and it makes owning a RS6 that much more enjoyable. Ohhh please don't remind me of the maintenance cost! I'm no longer under warranty and on my own now!

Heh@Erik. At the same Audi Driving Experience event there was a dude who rolled up in his Z06. Marveluous looking car.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckWingDuck View Post
    just regular Vettes

a friend just purchased a E63 and il be surely linning him up soon, il keep you guys posted but my RS6 is very hard tuned so its not exactly "stock"

An E63 will only beat an E55 at the top end so I think even stock RS6 should be able to take it in a quarter miler.

Quote Originally Posted by rs-mad View Post
    a friend just purchased a E63 and il be surely linning him up soon, il keep you guys posted but my RS6 is very hard tuned so its not exactly "stock"

What kind of work do you have done if you don't mind me asking?

Quote Originally Posted by rs-mad View Post
    rs-mad: what launch technique do you use? I've tried brake-torquing to 2000rpm a few times, but even with that method the spool-up/launch is mediocre at best. aside from the slow-ish launch, my car pulls *very* hard.

It humors me to read these (mostly American) posts. The same thing's being said at m3.com, m5board.com, and so on. I regularly get challenged by M3's etc. on city streets. They must think their cars are faster since I won't race over 50mph in the city. I don't even get to 3rd gear.
    If you never exceed the limits, how do you know where they are?