Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FXX gets road legal - in switzerland

Its been 2 years I signed off for the SMS.

Good point M3Dude : better later than never

It works pretty well. The good think is that you can also select very specific region for which you want to get the info.

Last year I was driving my RS6 on Swiss mountain roads, didn't see any radars or cops there. But it is also quite impossible to go fast, when road looks like this:

2004 RS6 Avant

Nice one !

In absolute terms I don't think Switzerland is more dangerous for our driving licence than most of the european countries anyway.

And excepted this famous Geneva-Lausanne there is space for fun (with some obvious cautions...) Especially mountain roads. We have plenty of great mountain roads and police is far away of being present there.

This remind me a recent TopGear Episod were they went through all Europe to find out the best driving road in the world. The finally all agreed that these roads are in the Swiss alps and believe me driver enthusiastics know where to go

I agree, Swiss Alps are the most beautiful. During this last trip with RS6 I did in two days Sustenpass->Grimselpass->Furkapass->Splügenpass->Albulapass->Passo di Foscagno->Stelvio. Also I would like to mention the small road which number I don't know, but it connects Chiavenna with Splüngen. It's bumpy and not fast, but extremely narrow and with lots of dark tunnels, one car width and twisting inside of mountains. Was real challenge to drive...
    2004 RS6 Avant

Nice you had great time with the RS6. The exhaust note is even better when knocking on the mountains