Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I give you...the TT-RS? (HOTTT !)

There are so many possibility's for TT engine's.
    Say the TTS get the S3 2.0TFSI engine with 265-280 hp.
    The TT 3.2 VR6 can be dumped or get a upgrade to either a 3.2 FSI with 250-265 hp or a 3.6 FSI with 280-300 hp.
    The supposed TT-RS can get a 3.6 VR6 FSI with 280-300 hp, a 2.5 R5 TFSI with 330-375 hp, a 3.2 VR6 TFSI with 420-480 hp, or even a 3.6 VR6 TFSI with 475-540 hp.
    But i doubt it will ever getting any more then 365-400 hp.
    And when you look at all the possibility's a 3.2 VR6 TFSI is the most logical choise.
    You can get by putting on a simple K03 turbo at leasted 320 hp and up to 425 hp with a K04 turbo out of it.
    Beside this Audi have Nordschleife test data of turbo and bi-turbo charged VR6 engine's from the TT Mk1.
    The only problem was that the TT Mk1 body could not handle the power.

Hans.

I haven't a problem with what ever engine Audi throw in the car, all I want is the handling to be transformed in the same way as the RS4 did compared to the S4.

No big deal really, should only be a late night-er for the engineers.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Banned
    I think Porsche will make sure that the RS TT will not be THAT good. Otherwise people will buy it as a "poor man's 911C4".

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    I haven't a problem with what ever engine Audi throw in the car, all I want is the handling to be transformed in the same way as the RS4 did compared to the S4.

No big deal really, should only be a late night-er for the engineers.
    They only need to use the new Haldex XWD system and it will go like hell.

Hans.

Finished work today and as i was driving past my Audi dealer, i thought i'd stop in and see if they had any more info on when the RS5 is due (I have a deposit down).

Spoke to the sales rep responsible for RS/R8 sales and he's said the TTS will be available next year and will have a 4.2l engine (~350HP) and bucket seats (I asked specifically about the bucket seats!)

The RS5 will be out 2009. Nothing official, just relaying what he said. Could be well-informed, could be BS.

A TT with a heavy 4.2 V8 FSI engine can be labled as BS.
    The only way to get that in is with the B8 gearbox and lods and lots of engineroom modifications.
    And i see no reason why Audi would do that, because you only get a Audi S5 with TT body.
    And there is no point to do that.
    It make a lot more sence to turbocharge the 3.2 VR6 engine instead.

Hans.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post

But i doubt it will ever getting any more then 365-400 hp.
    And when you look at all the possibility's a 3.2 VR6 TFSI is the most logical choise.
    You can get by putting on a simple K03 turbo at leasted 320 hp and up to 425 hp with a K04 turbo out of it.
    Beside this Audi have Nordschleife test data of turbo and bi-turbo charged VR6 engine's from the TT Mk1.
    The only problem was that the TT Mk1 body could not handle the power.

Hans.
    Exactly what i'd like the TT-S to be! They could use the same engine in S4 as well. That engine is much better (i think) than a 4.2 V8, even with Valvelift...
    The only thing i don't want is a 4 cylinder engine in a S car. 2.0TFSI is also weak for the S3 in my opinion.
    5 Audis so far...currently:
    2007 Audi A4 B7 2.0 TDI Multitronic

Quote Originally Posted by RussianM3_dude View Post
    I think Porsche will make sure that the RS TT will not be THAT good. Otherwise people will buy it as a "poor man's 911C4".
    "Poor man's 911"? Are you serious? A TT with such an engine ( i mean VR6 TFSI) would eat not only C4 but C4S as well for breakfast! But unfortunatelly there could be some truth in what you are saying...I'm also afraid that Porsche will have a say in what engine the TT-S gets.
    5 Audis so far...currently:
    2007 Audi A4 B7 2.0 TDI Multitronic

I'm not seeing it.
    The A3 and TT with 3.2 VR6 engine are top of there range.
    There is no way i accept a 2.0 R4 TFSI as a top of the range engine, no matter hoe much power it will have.
    The only way is up, and that's a 3.2 VR6 TFSI and not a 2.0 R4 TFSI.

Hans.

There is one advantage that the 4 could aside from the turbo torque curve advantage and that is weight of the car. The reason the TT2 is such a better car than it's siblings is purely on that basis using aluminuim in construction and so on.

My impressions of the 2.0t is that it's a nice car to drive thanks to that weight. Therefore to maximise the potential of the car the 4 pot might be just the thing to make sure the car stays as nimble and enjoyable. TT2 is a light car already - might not need much to make it a very fast one.

With some tuning to the S3 engine you can get 330-400 hp.
    But it's still a 4-pod with matching sound.
    In that case i prefer a less nimble car with a 3.2 VR6 TFSI engine and matching sound.

Hans.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    With some tuning to the S3 engine you can get 330-400 hp.
    But it's still a 4-pod with matching sound.
    In that case i prefer a less nimble car with a 3.2 VR6 TFSI engine and matching sound.

Hans.
    Then maybe the car for you is the A5 3.2 q s-line? It could be that the concept is to differentiate the 2 models more as there could be a level of substitution between the 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjuro View Post
    Then maybe the car for you is the A5 3.2 q s-line? It could be that the concept is to differentiate the 2 models more as there could be a level of substitution between the 2.
    in that case more a S5 4.2 V8 FSI 354 hp.
    But i think the TT is better looking IMHO.

Hans.