Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The ULTIMATE thread about the new Audi RS6 (C6)

Still waiting for the price list & configurator to be available, Qisha told me November, but we're december now and still havn't seen the pricing...

The best check are races. Not important what: street or official. If RS6will tear all successively (BMW M3&&5, the Mercedes SLK/AMG, etc.) -
    then it coststhe spent money
    AUDI forever: 80, 100, A4, A4 ABT, S4, RS2

My dealer also said November for the prices and options but now he's saying December. Having said that, he doesn't seem that clued up...didn't even know the same of the new blue (which I'd found out fairly easily via the internet). He's a nice chap and all that but it's not very inspiring.

Does anyone know if it's possible to collect your new car direct from the factory/GmbH? I'm quite keen to pick it up then drive it back here (UK).

Quote Originally Posted by KarlMarx View Post
    Does anyone know if it's possible to collect your new car direct from the factory/GmbH? I'm quite keen to pick it up then drive it back here (UK).
    Here in the US, most of the German manufacturers have an "European Delivery Option" where you go to the factory, pick up your car, drive around for a few days and then drop it off at a port for it to be containered here. I'd imagine that there would be something similar offered to those who reside in Europe.

Yes that must be possible (it was like that with our RS6, wich my dad picked up at the factory)

So after the dealer intially saying November for price list and options (and therefore ordering ) he then phoned in Nov to say December. Now he's phoned to say it will be the second week in Jan. Seeing as he's given a more specific timeframe, hopefully it will indeed be then...

Anybody else heard anything?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by KarlMarx View Post
    So after the dealer intially saying November for price list and options (and therefore ordering ) he then phoned in Nov to say December. Now he's phoned to say it will be the second week in Jan. Seeing as he's given a more specific timeframe, hopefully it will indeed be then...

Anybody else heard anything?

Cheers

Way too silent from my dealer, getting a bit irritated and dont really know what to do.
    MTM RS6-R MY09 Suzuka Grey
    LP570-4 Performante MY11 Balloon White

Me too - it definitely seems to have gone quiet. I pop in to the showroom when I'm passing (about once a month) and all he ever has to say is "you're first on the list!" which, yes, is good but I'm not that hyped about being first. I just wish he had more details. Hopefully the audi website will have some useful info when the time comes - Erik's brochure has been great to look at too.

I hope this can be of some comfort.

The new RS6 Avant has recently started production.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    I hope this can be of some comfort.

The new RS6 Avant has recently started production.
    I presume those cars are made for media and very VIP-persons then (Ekström etc).

Still think its very odd that one still cant spec a car, delivery is said to be april-may at the latest...

Audi should watch themsleves, badwill is not a good thing. Perhaps they should have made an effort so the customers could be able to order their cars, I mean, these days the economy is shaky and the climate-debate might get people to change their minds.
    MTM RS6-R MY09 Suzuka Grey
    LP570-4 Performante MY11 Balloon White

Little contribute from me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RhUssmxWK4

(Sorry if it is a repost...)

This is a good 360 one which I hadn't seen before:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wVtZoy...eature=related

Hello and a Happy New Year to You all.

To start off with some interesting info from latest Auto Zeitung (German car magazine) December 2007.

1. Audi RS6 have started produktion and starting price in Germany is
    € 106.900 . Ceramic brakes are optional at € 8000. The sedan version is to start produktion in may/june starting price is € 104.650. I have also posted this before but now it is confirmed. http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12993&page=14

2. Boost pressure is 0.7 bar from the turbos. I have seen this been asked for sevral times and thought some of you would like to know.

3. The V10 engine used in this car should by no means be compared to the V10 in the S6 and S8.This power plant is complitly another engine. Natrium filled exhaust valves, weighted and hand made pushrods in titan are fitted in the RS6.

4.top speed is limited to 250 km/h but is possible to set to 280 km/h for extra €. Theoretical top speed should be around 306-310 km/h.

5. The 2 turbos used in this engine are relatively small but very responing on the whole range. They are also built in and together with the exhaust manifold, so the problems with cracking manifolds (ie RS4 2001-2004) should be solved. Also this may stick some problems into after market tuning in the starting period of the car.

Many thanx for youre time.

J

Quote Originally Posted by tonsberg31 View Post

2. Boost pressure is 0.7 bar from the turbos. I have seen this been asked for sevral times and thought some of you would like to know.
    Thanks for this info, i asked it before!
    5 Audis so far...currently:
    2007 Audi A4 B7 2.0 TDI Multitronic

Dear Qisha,

is that true that RS6 Sedan will start next may / june?
    Most of us wait for RS6 Sedan instead of Avant because of reduced weight.

Quote Originally Posted by artur777 View Post
    Dear Qisha,

is that true that RS6 Sedan will start next may / june?
    Most of us wait for RS6 Sedan instead of Avant because of reduced weight.
    it is true. Auto Bild also stated this date and so do most magazines around here in germany

R8 V10 is dated to oktober this year

Q7 V12 TDI to december this year
    Vorsprung durch Technik

Quote Originally Posted by itisme View Post
    it is true. Auto Bild also stated this date and so do most magazines around here in germany

R8 V10 is dated to oktober this year

Q7 V12 TDI to december this year
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by artur777 View Post
    Thanks!

you're welcome

i did some search on AutoBild and found this:

"Die RS-6-Limousine folgt Ende 2008, kurz nach dem Facelift für alle A6."
    (RS6 Saloon will follow at the end of 2008, just after the facelift for all A6)

I take a look at the magazine tomorrow again in the shops, just to be sure what exactly is written in the current mag because I had somthing similar in mind like tonsberg and am a bit surprised of what I saw now at the homepage.

so far from AutoBild.de:

RS6 Saloon end 2008
    S4 for November
    Q7 V12 in between of S4 and RS6 saloon
    Q5 September
    TT summer and A3 Facelift

don't have the mag next to my hand for now, sry
    Vorsprung durch Technik