Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: R8 5th gear car of the year

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HKS786 View Post
    Hammond: I'll settle this once and for all. I'll put this one to the audience. I'm gonna hold a general election - right here, right now.

Clarkson: Are you sure thats a good idea? This is a very popular car (R8) there's a 30k premium on these at the moment. You go ahead if you want.

Hammond: Actually no, I've suddenly decided that a general election right now is a stupid idea...because I might lose.
    What is the relevance of this post. Seriously please explain to me why this has any bearing on this thread at all.

I mean Idi Amin had popularity

Banned
    Just so that im clear (i hate terms like Hypercar and Halo car), but

are those who are saying the R8 is a 'Halo' car, admitting its not a supercar ?

I never actually said it was a supercar, for the record.

Whether or not it does or doesn't meet an individual's own criteria for "supercar" is up to that person. Stim thinks it isn't - for reasons he's stated and others think it is. Why get so steam-in-the-ears, gritted-teeth, fingers-stabbing-into-your-keyboard wound up about it all?

Really - there are things that warrant time, oxygen and stress. Semantic arguments about a topic which by definition is a fluid description isn't one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by stIm View Post
    lol TWAT
    dude... you might have the correct use for the term "SUPERCAR"...

but hey, it's just a term. don't start an argumet. stop acting as if you are the god of words.

if you feel like the R8 is not a supercar, then so be it. it's your opinion, we respect it. but please respect the opinion of others as well.

the TT and R8 are of different league, but both are considered sportscars. even the SLR, Murcielago, Enzo, Carrera GT and other "monster" cars are considered sportscars, it's just that their capacity and capability of the engine is considered so they are called SUPERCARS. right??? a car is considered to be called a SUPERCAR if it met the DESIRE of a driver... if the R8 met the desire of journalists and other ordinary drivers, then it has the right to be called a SUPERCAR...

and another thing... if i have a lot of money and buy a SUPERCAR, is it possible for me to use it everyday?? OF COURSE!! as long as i have the credits for the fuel and the guts to bring it to the crowd.... a SUPERCAR is still a car, and no car is produced that is used with limitations...

P.S. if you really are a car enthusiast, then you will probably understand what this forum is for...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KarlMarx View Post

Whether or not it does or doesn't meet an individual's own criteria for "supercar" is up to that person. Stim thinks it isn't - for reasons he's stated and others think it is. Why get so steam-in-the-ears, gritted-teeth, fingers-stabbing-into-your-keyboard wound up about it all?.
    Thing that winds me up is getting called a 'retard' for a post that simply stated 'doesn't make it a supercar', then because i dare say Audi's super dooper new sports car isn't a supercar, the Audi dictators pipe up, pretty much ignore all my points and some of my questions and bark on about absolutely nothing except that im on some sort of wind up.

King Audi Leadfoot bangs on about ' me and my ferrari club' when i have stated i dont think 355, 360, 430 Ferrari's are super cars, so im not sure how that works at all.

You know what, if i believed like most on this thread, i could walk down to the Kings Rd, or Hyde Park Corner and see probably 50 'supercars' in a couple of hours. Absolute load of garbage.

Each to their own, but the term supercar for me is stuck, it cannot be re-written, it defines the ultimate and only that - nothing else is good enough for this term. You want to water it down and claim anything with a bit of power, two seats and a steering wheel is a supercar, then go for you life's.

I'll stay true to my passion i had when i was a young boy and not dilute anything.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_r View Post
    if i have a lot of money and buy a SUPERCAR, is it possible for me to use it everyday?? OF COURSE!! as long as i have the credits for the fuel and the guts to bring it to the crowd.... a SUPERCAR is still a car, and no car is produced that is used with limitations...

P.S. if you really are a car enthusiast, then you will probably understand what this forum is for...
    Your absolutely right, but i fear you have missed the point. For me a supercar shouldn't have been created with everyday in mind. Of course you can use anything everyday if you want to, thats not what im saying. Im saying that the design procces shouldn't be compromised.

Which is why for me true Supercars will always be things like 288 GTO, F40, F50 over Carrera GT, SLR or Zonda, but i have to conceed the later of the two groups are super cars as the meet pretty much all the desired criterea.

PS - As far as i can see, most on here simply want to fly the Audi flag regardless. I own an Audi S5. I love it, i think its far better than my last M3, but no car company on this planet will ever make me say something is what its not, simply due to the badge. I wonder how many people on here have spent seat time in these cars, or owned one to be able to comment and pass such absolute judgements?

[quote=stIm;111318]Thing that winds me up is getting called a 'retard' for a post that simply stated 'doesn't make it a supercar', quote]

I can't find the post but it would p*ss me off too if that happened to me.

i exactly know your point... it's just that some supercars are produced in a given limited quantity (called premium), and not all supercars are premium...

this forum is used for discussion of the products of audi, to appreciate or discriminate them. look what happened to the A1... at first, most of here discriminated the design, concept and size. but later on, as new images show up, they start to appreciate it...

i admit i love audi. but that doesn't mean i am going to buy audi only. i currently own a Toyota Fortuner (IMV4), which i was dying to have one before, and i love it. and i'm not gonna change it for an audi, simply because this simple but elegant SUV is cheap to maintain compared to Audi, BMW, and Mercedes, even to Honda. and it is simply beautiful.

the point here is that Audi fans are fans, they are not obssessed with it. they just want to share different opinions.

King Audi Leadfoot bangs on about ' me and my ferrari club' when i have stated i dont think 355, 360, 430 Ferrari's are super cars, so im not sure how that works at all.
    You clearly have a serious problem with me personally and I just hope that Erik and the rest who run this site are seeing you for what you are which is a very angry person who can't conduct himself with any manners.

If you disagree with the rest of us then surely one single post would be suffice to make your point, but you don't feel happy to leave it at that and go on a war path with anyone who disagrees with your findings and now seem to have singled me out. You reckon you were called a retard but saying I don't understand the English word is surely as much as calling me the same and still I reframe from dropping to your standards or should I say lack of.

P.S.

Please explain when on this thread have I treated you in a similar manner as I am at a lose.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    You clearly have a serious problem with me personally and I just hope that Erik and the rest who run this site are seeing you for what you are which is a very angry person who can't conduct himself with any manners.

If you disagree with the rest of us then surely one single post would be suffice to make your point, but you don't feel happy to leave it at that and go on a war path with anyone who disagrees with your findings and now seem to have singled me out. You reckon you were called a retard but saying I don't understand the English word is surely as much as calling me the same and still I reframe from dropping to your standards or should I say lack of.

P.S.

Please explain when on this thread have I treated you in a similar manner as I am at a lose.

My god your full of crap - i hope everyone on here can see you for what you are. A one eyed hypocrite with absolutely no knowledge or experience of the cars your debating on. Oh and by the way, do you understand the term debate. Its where you have a point and you debate that point with others. Not make a point and leave it. So again, don't have a clue what your on about. I'd guess its either agree with Leadfoot and bow down to the 4 rings or not bother debating something.

If you opened your other eye, you will see that a couple of us on here are having quite a nice chat about this, why dont you leave the grown ups to chat, there's a good lad. Go and take your ironic moral high ground and good manners elsewhere.

oh and have a super dooper day and hope you spot 5000 supercars !!!

Banned
    [QUOTE=KarlMarx;111321]
    Thing that winds me up is getting called a 'retard' for a post that simply stated 'doesn't make it a supercar', quote]

I can't find the post but it would p*ss me off too if that happened to me.
    Very first page on this thread, post 4 !! I still have had no mod reply to my pm asking if this person was given a warning or was it just me.

Im guessing by their silence this person didnt get a warning and there is one rule for me and another set of rules for others !!

Won't hold my breath about getting an answer

Time to cool down? (!)

I'd say that the Audi R8 is a sportscar, not a supercar.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Banned
    My god your full of crap - i hope everyone on here can see you for what you are. A one eyed hypocrite with absolutely no knowledge or experience of the cars your debating on. Oh and by the way, do you understand the term debate. Its where you have a point and you debate that point with others. Not make a point and leave it. So again, don't have a clue what your on about. I'd guess its either agree with Leadfoot and bow down to the 4 rings or not bother debating something.

If you opened your other eye, you will see that a couple of us on here are having quite a nice chat about this, why dont you leave the grown ups to chat, there's a good lad. Go and take your ironic moral high ground and good manners elsewhere.

oh and have a super dooper day and hope you spot 5000 supercars !!!
    I RECIEVED A WARNING FOR THIS THREAD. ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? WHAT SORT OF A BUNCH OF PC CRY BABIES ARE ON THIS SITE. MY GOD THIS IS RIDICULOUS.

By the way, there is no insult in the post i got a warning for, im sure leadfoot the cry baby has complained about it (no an insult either as im about to explain), but the comments are not insults, they are facts. There is a difference.

Seriously, there are some big baby's on this thread who go crying to teacher when something doesn't go their way.

I look forward to cry baby Leadfoot commenting on Erik's comments that the R8 is not a supercar.

PS 3 private messages sent to Mods, and NOT ONE REPLY - says everything

Beware

I RECIEVED A WARNING FOR THIS THREAD. ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? WHAT SORT OF A BUNCH OF PC CRY BABIES ARE ON THIS SITE. MY GOD THIS IS RIDICULOUS.

By the way, there is no insult in the post i got a warning for, im sure leadfoot the cry baby has complained about it (no an insult either as im about to explain), but the comments are not insults, they are facts. There is a difference.

Seriously, there are some big baby's on this thread who go crying to teacher when something doesn't go their way.

I look forward to cry baby Leadfoot commenting on Erik's comments that the R8 is not a supercar.

PS 3 private messages sent to Mods, and NOT ONE REPLY - says everything
    I wonder who the cry baby is?

If you don't get the message the first time, you will get a second warning.

You pm:d me 20 minutes ago. I am still writing my "fair and balanced reply" that you asked for, however I have a lot of better things to do during my working day.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But everyone is not entitled to call others names, insult etc. Respect is the key.

You're sitting in my sofa, so please behave.

I notice that you are still insulting people, after 2 warnings.
    Ask for it, and you will be banned.

Please read before posting next time:
    http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread....&threadid=2506

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    I wonder who the cry baby is?

If you don't get the message the first time, you will get a second warning.

You pm:d me 20 minutes ago. I am still writing my "fair and balanced reply" that you asked for, however I have a lot of better things to do during my working day.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But everyone is not entitled to call others names, insult etc. Respect is the key.

You're sitting in my sofa, so please behave.

I notice that you are still insulting people, after 2 warnings.
    Ask for it, and you will be banned.

Please read before posting next time:
    http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread....&threadid=2506
    When can i expect to get my fair and balanced reply ?

Your post above and pm shows it wont be coming anytime soon.

Rules for me and different rules for others. Good Job

ps - nice threat - big man

When can i expect to get my fair and balanced reply ?

Your post above and pm shows it wont be coming anytime soon.

Rules for me and different rules for others. Good Job

ps - nice threat - big man

You had it 9 minutes before you posted your last post.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    You had it 9 minutes before you posted your last post.
    well if thats your idea of a fair and balanced reply, then i won't hold my breath about receiving any fair and balanced treatment of any sort on this site.

Im still amzed that saying 'your full of crap' is considered something worth a warning and a threat of a ban - its an absolute joke

stIm, you should have listened to the first and second warning, plus my pm, and read the rules. Or just use your common sense. Easy as that.

If you want to dictate your own rules, then start your own forum. I'm sure it will be a huge success.

Respect is the key and you managed to get 3-4 moderators working, a lot of members pm:ing me. Now that happens maybe once per year, and this time you were the one.

Bye bye, you have earned your third and final warning. In this short time span it's a bit of a record.

Please have your fun elsewhere. And please do not re-register under another name. We will find you and ban you again.