Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How "RS6" are you?

Flawed - NOT!

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Design No - Fundamentally flawed by too much weight infront of the front axle, Slow in Fast out and not tactile around the tight bends - get the Balance right and rear wheel Drive only - it would then be a Real Beast.
    If it's so flawed, how did Randy Pobst manage to win the Speed GT Championship in 2003 in one? In the same year, Galati also was either 3rd or 4th in the overall championship in the only other RS6 to compete. Not bad considering all the rear wheel drive BMW's and Porsche's they smoked!
    If you never exceed the limits, how do you know where they are?

Quote Originally Posted by BLITZEN View Post
    If it's so flawed, how did Randy Pobst manage to win the Speed GT Championship in 2003 in one? In the same year, Galati also was either 3rd or 4th in the overall championship in the only other RS6 to compete. Not bad considering all the rear wheel drive BMW's and Porsche's they smoked!
    exactly. too many journo's who don't know what they are talking about and are at the mercy of pr hacks...

data points:
    1) '96 world touring car champs anyone? quattro banned afterwards.

2) 'ring times of the rs4 beating the m3

3) check out the weight distrobution on an evo x, or an sti.

4) check out the longitudional architecture of the subaru with the engine hanging ahead of the front axle line.

fundamentally the "feel" of audi cars is the issue, not the architecture. audi is now re-dicovering how to bring the feel back into their cars. that they knew how to do this is evident to anyone who has driven a 20v ur-quattro, and that they know how to do this now, to anyone who has driven an rs4.

bring on the rs6 i say!
    dave
    '03 rs6
    '04 allroad tdi

See my other car description in the sig below. Now that I've tracked both cars, I can say that the RS was very impressive. But please don't make the mistake of comparing a winning season in a race series with quality of the street version. Cars win race series due to many factors unrelated to the quality of the car, like race weight, intake restrictions, etc..
    IMHO, the RS is a pig on the track, but a fast pig. Turn in is fantastic, but mid corner grip is non-existent in the front due to all that weight. Once you get on the boost, the rear end starts to be effective in helping steer the car.
    Stock for stock, on all but the tightest tracks, I believe I could get the RS around faster than the M3 (due to the power only). With suspension mods to the M3 (with 100 less horsepower), I believe it is much faster than the RS regardless of the mods to the RS. I very much prefer the BMW for track use.
    But don't get me wrong, I love the RS6 . It's typically my choice to drive on a daily basis. I just don't think it's in it's element on the track.

Jet Black/Imola Red, No Sunroof, Ground Control Everything, Magnesium BBS, a/d/s amp/speakers
    1993 Ford F250
    250k miles, 460ci, lots of scratches and dents, hauls anything and starts everytime

Quote Originally Posted by Benman View Post
    It's cool, just means you're male.

Ben
    hmm, both RS6 owners, both huge ron paul fans, both in southern california. we should grab a beer sometime. and I'd like a ride in yours because I am utterly convinced something is mildly wrong with my transmission, but have no baseline to compare to.

Quote Originally Posted by aarong View Post
    hmm, both RS6 owners, both huge ron paul fans, both in southern california. we should grab a beer sometime. and I'd like a ride in yours because I am utterly convinced something is mildly wrong with my transmission, but have no baseline to compare to.

ROFL, if I could bring myself to vote Republican, Ron Paul's the closest one that I would identify with!

... and I'd like a ride in yours because I am utterly convinced something is mildly wrong with my transmission, but have no baseline to compare to.
    What are your transmission symptoms? Funky shift (mild rpm hunting) from 2nd to 3rd when cold? This is my symptom. Kind of similar shift from 3rd to 4th when cold but to a lesser degree. I'm going to have the dealer look at it tomorrow.
    Jet Black/Imola Red, No Sunroof, Ground Control Everything, Magnesium BBS, a/d/s amp/speakers
    1993 Ford F250
    250k miles, 460ci, lots of scratches and dents, hauls anything and starts everytime

hmm, both RS6 owners, both huge ron paul fans, both in southern california...
    Get out of here!?!?! Ron Paul fan too?!? As Bill & Ted would say, "Most excellent!" And DuckWing too? Very cool!

Yes, a beer sounds great. Why not shoot for a meet up at the LA Auto Show? I'm aiming for the first Saturday. Also, he'll (RP) be on Jay Leno's Tonight Show tonight.

As politics are not allowed to be discussed here, I'll save any other conversations about Ron Paul for email/PM.

Let me know if you guys want to meet up for the LA Auto Show. I'll snap some pics for the guys of the new Q5 and we can check out that tranny problem.

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Radiation Joe View Post
    What are your transmission symptoms? Funky shift (mild rpm hunting) from 2nd to 3rd when cold? This is my symptom. Kind of similar shift from 3rd to 4th when cold but to a lesser degree. I'm going to have the dealer look at it tomorrow.
    mostly from 1st to 2nd or from neutral to first. seems like it catchs really roughly 1/5 shifts. lurch...etc. same with downshifts from 3rd to 2nd...doesn't happen every time. but when it does its HARSH.

Get out of here!?!?!
    Way!

I actually live downtown and the LA Auto Show is a bit of a father/son tradition with my Dad. First Saturday is perfect -- I'll take this to PM.

Rock on!

First Saturday is perfect -- I'll take this to PM.
    1st Sat it is. Perfect.

Ben
    Ron Paul Fan

1st Sat it is. Perfect.

Ben
    Please include me on the PM. I'm down for Saturday, I'll have photos from the Audi Driving Experience. Too bad my friend couldn't comp me the more awesome half day event.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckWingDuck View Post
    Please include me on the PM. I'm down for Saturday..
    I'm thinking we could all meet @ 12pm at the Audi display? Good?

Ben
    Ron Paul Fan

Sounds good to me, let me put that in the ye olde calendar!

Sorry but none of these points is really right, so I am apparently not in the target group.

I'm 30
    I'm a female
    I'm married but have no children except of the 4 cats
    Income is relative, enough to afford a used RS6 but not "as high as they think"
    I'm not a managing director just a sales agent
    We have 3 cars, but one is the company car of my husband.
    My hobby is tuning and Audi so it's the RS6 itself, I hope it's high quality enough But golf or polo is not really my stuff.

Cu Babsi
    Audi RS6 Avant 450PS goodwoodgreen

I'm thinking we could all meet @ 12pm at the Audi display? Good?

Ben
    perfect!

5 out of 6 for me. I'm 35.

But... I bought my RS6 since it is NOT well know by the general public and Audis in general are understated cars. I've been a BMW guy up until last year. Love my Audi!

I would purchase the new RS6 Saloon in a heartbeat if AoA would import it. One of the key reasons I bought a 2nd RS6 with low miles... looks like I'll be waiting a long time... perhaps a whole A6 generation to get another RS6 in the US.

I guess I'm home now. 6 of 6 (both kids in college...peace at last). Wife's car is an 04 A6 4.2 sport and premium packages. A 1993 Corvette ZR1 is now retired to the garage. My RS6 has sport exhaust, carbon trim and GIAC tunes. It is a real pleasure to drive on the twistys here in Kentucky.
    Mike

4/6...I'm 40 & live in NYC and 1 car here is considered a luxury...agree with DuckWing- the stealth aspect of this car is the best!