Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: RS6 Eye witness news from IAA Frankfurt

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    Not many people are commenting on the alloys but I think they are quite possibly the most beautiful rims ever to grace a car and hope that they become available on the options list of the S5 very soon.
    I am not 100% sure ( before reading and studying) but it seems there are more wheel design not yet shown online / on cars vs. the sales/customer brochure have. But I will scan as soon as I get back home so you can see / chose. There seems to be a new 19" wheel design which is quite nice.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

damn!!! they once stole both my mirrors on my rs6. If i ever catch such a bastard only god knows what'll happen....

Quote Originally Posted by Ricoloco View Post

I consider the sales brochures as mine. Was about to have a drive with my RS4 a few minutes ago, this is what hit me in the face.

And yes, its true. Will not be sleeping tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    ...Any bad news? Unfortunately yes. The car will not be sold in the USA, mainly due to emissions and the cost of making new bumbers and other US specific parts. ...
    Glad I didn't sell my car

...it just went back up in value a few grand

Sent my letter

We need a North American Tuesday I sent a letter to AoA. I can only that they will throw us a bone and sent us 1,000. I wouldn't object to waiting a year or so.

My wife is to cute to be seen driving an M5!!!

the new rs6 is just gorgeous, a propper rs car sleek fast and discret, but still a showstopper

Quote Originally Posted by jonas21 View Post
    damn!!! they once stole both my mirrors on my rs6. If i ever catch such a bastard only god knows what'll happen....

I had my S3 mirrors stolen, my S3 interior and the whole car stole with in a 18 months period.

my car ended up like this, so I know the feeling
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rippet audi3-1.JPG 
Views:	329 
Size:	122.8 KB 
ID:	5532  

do you have a price list by any chance? if so, could you scan it?

Eric, thanks for the pics and the story!

I agree with those who said Audi need to rethink their decision not to sell in North America - 'Cause I want one!

Probably it boils down to $$$$ as it almost always does... Audi will lose too much of it by 'federalizing' this car. A comment was made that to compete with MB and BMW, Audi needs to bring the new RS6 to the USA. Unfortunately, IMHO the 1st RS6 had very little influence on North American Audi sales and I see no reason the 2nd version will change that. We see the car world through biased eyes, and you can be sure the average Audi driver has very little clue (or care) for what an RS6 is, just as the average BMW driver couldn't give a care about M cars.

Come on Audi, damn the bottom line and spend the $$ on bringing this car to North America and make your loyal enthusiasts happy! It can't be costing you that much...

2010 XFR
    2004 RS6 (sold)
    2008 Exige S 240
    2009 V8 Vantage
    2008 X5 4.8i

i would be happy if they sent us 100 RS6's. Really disappointed. Hopefully we get a V10 R8.
    10' B8 S4 6MT- GIAC S1, Injen Intake, AWE Catback
    93' C4 S4 5MT- VEMS, GT30R, Built Motor etc...

Autoweek said there might be NA RS6 sale

Quote Originally Posted by AuditudeA642 View Post
    i would be happy if they sent us 100 RS6's. Really disappointed. Hopefully we get a V10 R8.
    Since Audi has not brought the 4.2l A6 Avant, nor the S6 Avant, I can't see how they'll bring the RS6 Avant. I've called the corp showroom on Park Ave in NYC a half dozen times, but the answer has not changed.

I did notice the comment in Autoweek that said "sources" said there remains a possible NA allocation too. If so, I'll happily part ways with my MT V70R. Nearly double the HP, but for triple the price.... sounds fine to me.
    06 LR3 HSE, RSE, Runners, all options
    07 [URL="http://picasaweb.google.com/home?tab=mq"]V70R[/URL]: Manual, loaded, and then some

Based on the R8 price, the RS6 would have to cost about 100-105k in the states.

More shots:

HKS786

Hoho, damn it looks good!

I agree with you leadie about the rims, they do look awesome... And the wide wheel arches, oh my!

Thanks! Can't wait to check it out in reality now..

Quote Originally Posted by Ruergard View Post
    Hoho, damn it looks good!

I agree with you leadie about the rims, they do look awesome... And the wide wheel arches, oh my!

Thanks! Can't wait to check it out in reality now..
    Yeah the rims look great! I love them because they remind me of the old RS6's 5 spokes yet they are still very different. Also, wheel arches look beautiful!
    HKS786

Well,just heard from my dealer,they received a memo from AOA cofirming that RS6 will not be coming period,that the V10 TT will never be available here in any other models either also.
    Since no other Audi available in States looks tempting enough I will have to look elsewhere for my next daily driver.
    What we have here is simply boring to me,Audi became irrelevant and sub par brand in my eyes (in US market only,of course).
    It was great to be on this site though,lots of great car guys ,way more mature and reasonable then on the "other sites".
    Many thanks !
    S63TT

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    Great write-up Erik, as always.

Not many people are commenting on the alloys but I think they are quite possibly the most beautiful rims ever to grace a car and hope that they become available on the options list of the S5 very soon.
    You already know what i think about the alloys Leadie....:blush:

Great piece Erik. The original RS6 was and still is a great car, the new ones seems to be continuing the greatness of the RS6 name...just like this forum! Cheers mate and thanks for your hard work

Taz
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    B7 Audi RS4 Avant - Phantom Black
    B6 Audi A4 3.0 Sport Quattro Convertible - Volcano Black
    B5 Audi A4 1.9 TDI SE Saloon - Hibiscus Red
    Seat Leon 1.6 SE - Bilberry Red
    Porsche 996 Carrera - Arctic Silver

Quote Originally Posted by absent View Post
    Well,just heard from my dealer,they received a memo from AOA cofirming that RS6 will not be coming period,that the V10 TT will never be available here in any other models either also.
    Since no other Audi available in States looks tempting enough I will have to look elsewhere for my next daily driver.
    What we have here is simply boring to me,Audi became irrelevant and sub par brand in my eyes (in US market only,of course).
    It was great to be on this site though,lots of great car guys ,way more mature and reasonable then on the "other sites".
    Many thanks !

My thoughts exactly. I am pissed at AoA. What a joke of a company. Its really about the poor dealer network (as regards to service). Not emmisions or the bumpers (LOL). I won't be shopping at Audi anymore, and will probably be looking to dump my S6 soon. What a joke of company.
    current rides:
    -'07 S6 phantom black/black,tech, cold, warm, carbon fiber inlays, 15% carbon fiber tint
    -'07 ML63 AMG black/black
    -'07 Accord V6/navi
    -'07 Titan LE
    -'86 M6
    former rides:
    - too many to list but last Audi before the S was a '05 A6 4.2 S-line

All Talk

Audi (AoA) talks about making Audi a top tier US marquee, they talk about making Audi more performance oriented...all they provide is lip service and not willing to invest anything into achieving said goals.

Back to being BMW's bitch for a generation.

Disappointed beyond words.
    '97 993TT, '14 E63 S-line, '17 GT-R and a couple of '12 Mini Cooper S Countryman ALL4s for the kids.

US Market.

I am sorry, but I do not feel sorry for the US market.

If they are not willing to pay (or can not afford) the costs for the RS6, why should the get it?

The car industry is a business to make money for the shareholdes (yep, I am sorry) of Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, Toyota (Lexus) or whatever brand, that is the sole purpose.

If MacDonalds had to sell their BigMac's for less than cost they would also stop selling it.

The solution is easy for the US buyers: Buy one from Europe and pay the what Audi is asking for it or don't buy one!

I have just made my order today, and I expect mine to cost between 250- 300.000 EURO (in Norway).

It really rocks, with magnetic ride, twice as quick shift time on the automatic trans than the 2007 S6, alcantara roof, 20" titan wheels and it is just 2000% overcool.

Regards,
    2006 Mercedes-Benz ML63 AMG
    2007 Audi S6 Avant -- SOLD
    2008 Audi R8
    2008 Mercedes-Benz C220 CDI AMG
    2008 Audi RS6 Avant on order for April delivery