Thread: Buying a modded RS6?

Buying a modded RS6?

I have found an RS6 that I like. Should be the right price after some negotiation, and is definitely the color combo that I would be interested in. But it is already modded, chip and exhaust. That probably puts a stop to all chances of an aftermarket warranty? Also, is there any way to check if the extra power has taken its toll on the transmission. I love the idea of the extra power, but am a little concerned about the ramifications. Oh, yeah, here it is, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-...QQcmdZViewItem
    Thanks much for any input.

all maintenance receipts?

You would have to change oil in gearbox (if the orevious owned did not do it at 35k maintenance) and get the old one checked ...
    rs6+/mtm/movit
    q7 4.2 tdi mtm
    CAT D3
    RAM3500 D Cummins 6.7 Diesel

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ObamaCare: Medicine with IRS compassion and DMV urgency.

"A politician will never provide a service for you cheaper than you can do it yourself...."

If the liberals love communism so much, why don't they move to China?

..........pm sent

I wouldn't touch...

a chipped RS 6 with a 10' pole
    '97 993TT, '14 E63 S-line, '17 GT-R and a couple of '12 Mini Cooper S Countryman ALL4s for the kids.

ur good. i say.
    03 rs6 dahlback 461 awd hp 530 tq. 12.2 118 gone
    01 rs4
    Rs6 avant loba 6sp

O.CT is good stuff, and the exhaust is a non-issue. I don't think it's any riskier than buying a stock RS6 with that many miles on it (which I did, in late January, and then added O.CT chip).

Quote Originally Posted by 930chas View Post
    I have found an RS6 that I like. Should be the right price after some negotiation, and is definitely the color combo that I would be interested in. But it is already modded, chip and exhaust. That probably puts a stop to all chances of an aftermarket warranty? Also, is there any way to check if the extra power has taken its toll on the transmission. I love the idea of the extra power, but am a little concerned about the ramifications. Oh, yeah, here it is, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-...QQcmdZViewItem
    Thanks much for any input.
    I allways buy stock cars, because I am a little sceptic. Usually when modded "good" cars are for sale I have found that there is a reason the owner is selling the car. I also didnt like that the MTM RS6 had an engine fire when they tested it in Nardo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aViII...related&search=

Id buy a stock car and then tune it, thats safer and you now what you are getting...
    PTT

modded cars are usually a little beat. I say drive the car and see if it shifts right!!
    10' B8 S4 6MT- GIAC S1, Injen Intake, AWE Catback
    93' C4 S4 5MT- VEMS, GT30R, Built Motor etc...

I bought that car!

Hey now....I picked up that car last week...didn't even know it was listed on ebay.

I know the person who owned the car and had it upgraded....so I wasn't worried at all. And.....it is FAN-freakin-TASTIC!!!

My sporty-type car is a Lotus Elise and I had to think a bit about what I would do if I could only keep one 'fun' car... I will still choose the Elise, but giving up this RS6 would cause me a lot of pain.

W

W....you lucky sonofagun!! That car looks so sweet. I had been talking with a sales-rep Sergio there, just didn't come up with the funds in time. It took me a lot longer to sell my Jeep SRT8 then originally anticipated..lol.

Just to echo the thoughts of others in here (and commenting non-specifically), anybody who would take the effort and cash to mod their car are probably those looking to maximise the performance of their vehicle. If I'm going to spend a ton of cash to void the warranty of my $100,000 car, you can be damned sure I'm going to be driving the hell out of it. Under those conditions, I'm not so sure that I would like to be the second hand user of such a vehicle.

All:

That was my car for sale ... I had a lot of fun with it and some of you might have seen the write-ups I did when I took it to Summit Point and VIR, where Randy Pobst drove it. Did I "drive the hell out of it"? I'm not sure what that really means. I enjoy driving and as an enthusiast, the oil was always warm before any spirited driving took place and the car was always serviced on time. It was regularly washed and polished and always kept in a garage. If I were looking for a used car, I'd be very happy to buy one from somebody like me.

Andy

Andy, salt in the wounds my friend, salt in the wounds!!! lol.

Quote Originally Posted by andyp View Post
    All:

That was my car for sale ... I had a lot of fun with it and some of you might have seen the write-ups I did when I took it to Summit Point and VIR, where Randy Pobst drove it. Did I "drive the hell out of it"? I'm not sure what that really means. I enjoy driving and as an enthusiast, the oil was always warm before any spirited driving took place and the car was always serviced on time. It was regularly washed and polished and always kept in a garage. If I were looking for a used car, I'd be very happy to buy one from somebody like me.

Andy
    Heh, Andy, certainly no disrespect meant!

Maybe I was a little defensive there!

I'll miss my RS6 ... it is an incredible car and for those of you who are thinking about chipping it ... I thoroughly recommend the O.CT chip with Millteck exhaust ... it maintains the stock BHP/Torque curve profiles, just raises them up ... the car actually ran smoother after the modification and performed better at all speeds than my previous E39 M5, whereas the stock car seemed not to over 100 (track experience, of course ).

Good luck to all you RS6 owners

Andy

P.S. I replaced the RS6 with A CLK Black Series ... another awesome car!

Quote Originally Posted by andyp View Post
    P.S. I replaced the RS6 with A CLK Black Series ... another awesome car!

Totally awesome car!!