Thread: RS6 Plus - Exhaust Question for new Owner?

RS6 Plus - Exhaust Question for new Owner?

Folks,

Finally taken the plunge to replace my 2005 allroad 4.2 with an RS6+. Still in the Audi dealer network and only has 23k miles, so looking forward to collecting on Saturday.

Question regarding exhaust though. Test drive was relatively short and was unable to decide just how good the exhaust note was. I have a Milltek non-resonated cat-back on my allroad at present and it sounds good. RS6 will get the MTM ECU remap soon, but the question is do I do another Milltek or not? It won't add much in the way of power, but the difference in sound over the std allroad system was immense. But clearly the RS6+ starts from somewhere different as standard.

Anyone have a view as to whether the (perhaps 'sound-enhanced'?) RS6+ exhaust will give me that Milltek buzz?

Tried to find this summary info on an FAQ, but might have been looking in the wrong place!

Thanks,

Phil G
    Guildford, UK

Can I have the RS6 exhaust you take off? Is it the Sound Enhanced (black tips) or just the standard (chrome tips).

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by r1nga View Post
    Folks,

Finally taken the plunge to replace my 2005 allroad 4.2 with an RS6+. Still in the Audi dealer network and only has 23k miles, so looking forward to collecting on Saturday.

Question regarding exhaust though. Test drive was relatively short and was unable to decide just how good the exhaust note was. I have a Milltek non-resonated cat-back on my allroad at present and it sounds good. RS6 will get the MTM ECU remap soon, but the question is do I do another Milltek or not? It won't add much in the way of power, but the difference in sound over the std allroad system was immense. But clearly the RS6+ starts from somewhere different as standard.

Anyone have a view as to whether the (perhaps 'sound-enhanced'?) RS6+ exhaust will give me that Milltek buzz?

Tried to find this summary info on an FAQ, but might have been looking in the wrong place!

Thanks,

Phil G
    Guildford, UK
    Hi Phil,

I've had my Plus now for a few months and have been contemplating the same thing about the Milltek system. Having been out in a Milltek RS6 car recently I concluded that the Milltek is slightly louder than the Plus, but I can't help but think that the OEM system on the car must be as good performance wise as the Milltek system, and as you said wouldn't gain much in the way of performance.

When I last spoke with Milltek they didn't offer exhaust tips in a black finish, which seeing as my car black is an issue for me. Hope to see you around Phil as I am just down the road from you in Liphook. Be sure to post some pics after you pick her up, what colour Plus did you buy?

Howard
    RS6 Plus in Ebony Black Pearl
    TVR Cerbera 4.5 L/weight SOLD

I would go with the Miltek downpipes instead...more performance than the exhaust!

Go with the Milltek had them on both of my RS6's. Loved them. The sound is WAY better than stock but not ricer loud. The second of my RS6 had the downpipes, PITA to install and would prolly not go that route again if I had a choice. Yes they give a little more power but its minimal at best.
    2007 Audi S8 (daytona/black)
    2005 Mercedes G55 (designo graphite)

Thanks for the replies folks - decided to go for the Milltek cat-back pipes in the end and am thrilled with the result. Took the MTM ECU map too and found +50bhp and about +90ftlbs too. Car is just fabulous now.

Didn't like the chrome tailpipes though, as my car is Daytona Grey with the Titanium alloys (which look the same colour as the car) and of course is pretty much stealth black in all other areas. So I sprayed the chrome tips with matt black exhaust paint and they've turned out pretty much the same colour as the stock black pipes. So I'm very happy indeed.

Original pipes went onto the pile at QSTuning I guess, although I might ask for them back if that's possible. They have a big pile so I suspect anyone after a standard RS6 or Plus exhaust could do worse than give them a call.

Thanks for the useful info and I'm sure they'll be more to tell as time passes. Couple of low-res pics attached.
    Thanks,

Phil G
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20092007180.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	78.7 KB 
ID:	5590   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20092007187.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	85.4 KB 
ID:	5591   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Milltek.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	99.6 KB 
ID:	5592   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	std.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	89.0 KB 
ID:	5593  

Smile

Phil,

Looks like a great car!

Fancy coming along to a local Audi meet on Sunday?

http://www.rs246.com/index.php?name=...2d4d8d18acd81b
    RS6 Plus in Ebony Black Pearl
    TVR Cerbera 4.5 L/weight SOLD

looks good ..... like mine ....

you'll notice better fuel mileage with light foot - unfortunately that is almost oxymoron, once you get use to the extra torque

oh, than you will bitch about small fuel tank
    rs6+/mtm/movit
    q7 4.2 tdi mtm
    CAT D3
    RAM3500 D Cummins 6.7 Diesel

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ObamaCare: Medicine with IRS compassion and DMV urgency.

"A politician will never provide a service for you cheaper than you can do it yourself...."

If the liberals love communism so much, why don't they move to China?

Thanks for the tip about the local meeting - might just try that I think. Car reg is R1 NGA, so you'll recognise me. Not sure why I scrubbed the reg plate from the pics - my username rather gives it away!

Thanks, and hopefully see you Sunday.

Phil