Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BMW readys X5M !!!!!

the v10 isn't a good choice for an SUV imo, too little torque

a TT v8 would be nice but its going to need a lot of power to play -certainly more than 500hp by the time it comes to market. cayenne turbo and ml63 each with 500+hp just barely match the SRT8 which itself is getting a 500+hp engine for 09MY

Quote Originally Posted by srtjeep View Post
    the v10 isn't a good choice for an SUV imo, too little torque

a TT v8 would be nice but its going to need a lot of power to play -certainly more than 500hp by the time it comes to market. cayenne turbo and ml63 each with 500+hp just barely match the SRT8 which itself is getting a 500+hp engine for 09MY
    With the recent tie-ups that BMW are trying do with Mercedes etc, I wouldn't be surprised if they have approached Audi for the supply of their RS6 engine to go in to the X5M, since you rightly stated their own V10 wouldn't be up to the job.
    Search and you will find the truth.

[quote=artur777;105202]BMW engine 3.0L TT has become the best engine of 2006 due to lack of turbolag, relatively small weight and etc.
    Their engine 4.0L TT will be a very interesting option.

Look at 5-series:
    BMW 550i has 0-100 at 5.2 after restyling (367 hp)
    Audi S6 has 0-100 at 5.2 (435 hp)

BMW 5-series with this new engine will be much faster thatn 550i due to less engine weight and much more torque and power. Expectations it will be 4.9-5.0 for 0-100.
    Moreover, this engine will be completed with X-drive and then it becomes a real competitor to Audi.[/quote]

don't want to star any 3rd world war her, drove X-drive and IMHO it does NOT perform as well as Quattro..... when it gets tough, that the way
    rs6+/mtm/movit
    q7 4.2 tdi mtm
    CAT D3
    RAM3500 D Cummins 6.7 Diesel

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ObamaCare: Medicine with IRS compassion and DMV urgency.

"A politician will never provide a service for you cheaper than you can do it yourself...."

If the liberals love communism so much, why don't they move to China?

they should make some proper diesels, instead with the ever increasing gas prices, that is what people want, and I want to see the 4.2 bi turbo tdi from the A8 in the A6 and Q7.

black smoke is the way forward

steffenr,

The Q7 is being offered with the 4.2Tdi from the A8.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    Trust me when I say that no model other than an M model will ever get it's exhausts, especially quad exhaust close to the centre like an M3/5/6.

This is a BMW M trademark which they have sole use of, no normal BMW will ever get this.
    They gave the 4.4 quad exhaust:

Currently: 98 M3 sedan 5-spd
    Previously: 01 TT 225 QC 6-spd
    01 Saab Viggen coupe

I know the old 4.4 had quad pipes but it's the positioning of these pipes that's so interesting.

X5M

I'm telling you this is no normal X5.

Banned
    We know this not a regular model. It wont be a pure M model though. More like an iS, just like the LAST X5.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    steffenr,

The Q7 is being offered with the 4.2Tdi from the A8.

okay haven't seen that my bad

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by elstimpo View Post
    Am i the only one in the world who cannot understand the point of high powered SUV's

I mean seriously, whats the point
    Because in some countries roads suck and will rip off half your car's body work after a drive. So if you are getting a car on jacked up suspension, might as well get one that can haul some luggage.

This was one of the ideas behind the still born Phenomenon Stratos projects (Lancia Stratos replica with 360CS engine.) that people in say... India or Kazakhstan can enjoy high-ish performance.

There is only one SUV which really combines performance with handling and that's the Cayenne Turbo with PDCC, what a machine.

Banned
    Dude, quit talking out of the wrong part of your body. Many countries have roads that are not navigable by a lambo, not everywhere, hence to get to that more or less smooth stretch of road you might have to drive over some bad ones. Doesn't mean you have to drive a diesel.

Guys a performance SUV is more a fashion accessory more than anything else. I have a Q7 because I needed an estate at the time and the RS4 was about to end production and occasionally I need to use one of the extra seats. I could have got a Discovery but I wanted a little style and better road manners.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by elstimpo View Post
    Why in the world any moron would want to go really fast on a rd in a 4x4 doesn't make any sense

Why indeed........ Or AWD.....

Seriously though as I stated before, there are places where the roads are not ALL bad, thus one can drive fast on the better ones and slower on the really crap ones. Some towns in Siberia come to mind. Okish surfaced roads in the city and in the immidiate vicinity, dirt tracks a bit further on.

BTW, does being rude on the internet make you feel more of a man???? Just wondering...

Banned
    For somebody who supposedly has a Ferrari and a hot Girlfriend, you sure seem to spend a lot of time on internet talking to me.

Banned
    It's so nice to have a civil conversation, shall we continue at 5 o'clock?????

I know this isn't comfirming what I have said but Autocar have wrote an article on the new X6 and in this article they state that the X6 will get a v10 version, an X6M.