Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New A4 B8 with s-line exteriour in white

Not "dull", UNDERSTATED!

When you look at the details, these cars are far from dull. If they lack anything, it's the ability to immediately polarize opinion á la anything Bangle (which we're used to by now). But upon closer inspection, it would be difficult to describe any Audi as "dull".

Quote Originally Posted by crespo View Post
    Not "dull", UNDERSTATED!

When you look at the details, these cars are far from dull. If they lack anything, it's the ability to immediately polarize opinion á la anything Bangle (which we're used to by now). But upon closer inspection, it would be difficult to describe any Audi as "dull".
    That is EXACTLY what i think too!
    At first i was dissapointed about the A4, when the first pic's were released. Now i just simply LOVE the design. I felt the same way about the Q7 and A5. And this is what differes Audi design from other marks. Like a sculpture - you need to see it in real life, and study it, to really appreciate it.

Like the new Ford Mondeo. It looks great in photos, but in real life, it's a BIG dissapointmet.

Regards.
    Audi - Vorsprung Durch Technik

the only thing i hate about audi today is, they are always keep older engines in their complete new cars, or maybe little updated. look at bmw. they are bringing great new engines and alot of upraded. compare e90 330 firs 231hp then 258hp then 272 hp. thats awesome. whats with audi ? they taking old engines in the new A4 (A5 too) and they are more weakly then in the e90. i hate it. why is audi not bringing just new engines ( the engines in new A4 are most likely same as A5 that sucks) like a 3.5l fsi or something? the engines from the A4 are boring. when audi wanna beat bmw. they have to bring new engines !!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by crespo View Post
    Not "dull", UNDERSTATED!

Aston Martin is understated... Audi is just dish washer dull AND all look alike. I am a car nerd and find it difficult to tell apart A4 and A6 Avants on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by tvrfan View Post
    the only thing i hate about audi today is, they are always keep older engines in their complete new cars, or maybe little updated. look at bmw. they are bringing great new engines and alot of upraded. compare e90 330 firs 231hp then 258hp then 272 hp. thats awesome. whats with audi ? they taking old engines in the new A4 (A5 too) and they are more weakly then in the e90. i hate it. why is audi not bringing just new engines ( the engines in new A4 are most likely same as A5 that sucks) like a 3.5l fsi or something? the engines from the A4 are boring. when audi wanna beat bmw. they have to bring new engines !!!
    It's quite a complex question. Audi still develops the Valvelift technology. Just think about: Roadjet concept had a 3.2 VL engine in 2006 with 300hp! That's 93,75hp/Litre on 7000rpm. BMW is now very far from this, but Audi wasn't able to bring this engine into production the following year (2007 A5), i think because of reliability problems or whatever...They introduced VL but only with the performance of the older engines (82,8hp/L). It looks like if it was the "first attempt" from Audi. I'm quite sure about as soon as they make VL technology completely ready, they will change current 3.2 engine with the new ones and minimum 280hp (or maybe 300...). That time we will be satisfied with Audi engines i think. These are only my own thoughts and opinions, but if anyone of you know more exact informations, please let us know.
    5 Audis so far...currently:
    2007 Audi A4 B7 2.0 TDI Multitronic

One more thought: you'd better not wish the 3.6L VW engine in the A4/A5. I know it's already in the Q7(unfortunately), but i think a little less powerful Audi engine is still better than one from VW. Having a VW engine in our cars is one more thing on some BMW guys can revile.
    5 Audis so far...currently:
    2007 Audi A4 B7 2.0 TDI Multitronic

Quote Originally Posted by RussianM3_dude View Post
    Aston Martin is understated... Audi is just dish washer dull AND all look alike. I am a car nerd and find it difficult to tell apart A4 and A6 Avants on the road.
    You are a poor soul. besides all the problems you have got with your RS4 - i hope you do not have the problem of trying to open an A4 1.9 TDI on a parking lot, because they all look alike.

Some people do see and understand the Audi design language (and i am with you - it is not "shiny") and appreciate it even more because it is subtle, others do not or do not like it. that is fine. there are BMWs, Mersedes, Lexus...

No one is forced to like & own & drive an Audi - i hope you are not as well.

The more pics & angles i see of the A4 B8 - the more i like it. The difference between the standard and s-line is one examlpe.

Greetings
    seb.
    I am - besides other things - Audidriven
    blog.audidriven.net

Does anyone know if this white B8 A4 is a true S-Line and not just a PS because this time round it seems to be a lot less in your face than the previous model and the difference between the standard and S-Line is a lot more subtle than before. Previously the difference between the S-Line and the RS4 were harder to tell apart than the latest version is compared to the standard A4.

I still like it but less impressed than before and based on the fact that the A5 S-Line and the S5 are near enough identical it looks like the S4 will once again be very understated.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    Does anyone know if this white B8 A4 is a true S-Line and not just a PS because this time round it seems to be a lot less in your face than the previous model and the difference between the standard and S-Line is a lot more subtle than before. Previously the difference between the S-Line and the RS4 were harder to tell apart than the latest version is compared to the standard A4.

I still like it but less impressed than before and based on the fact that the A5 S-Line and the S5 are near enough identical it looks like the S4 will once again be very understated.
    Funny you should mention that. Earlier I asked my source about the S4. He said that we have already seen it since it is very similar to the S-Line. So yes, you're right...
    HKS786

If true then that is a pity, because it's the one thing which I disliked about my previous S4 the most.

Leadfoot, have you finally decided to choose S5?
    Not to wait for S4 or RS5?

Quote Originally Posted by artur777 View Post
    Leadfoot, have you finally decided to choose S5?
    Not to wait for S4 or RS5?
    Yep, S5 and she coming for Christmas.....who ever said Santa doesn't come to big kids. :blush:

Does anyone know if this white B8 A4 is a true S-Line and not just a PS because this time round it seems to be a lot less in your face than the previous model and the difference between the standard and S-Line is a lot more subtle than before...
    Yes, these are official Audi pics. THe difference is subtle at first sight, but then they are more differences than before:

1. fog light & air intake area (not new - this was the main differtiator on the B7 + No.6)
    2. bumper section below headlights (somwhow new - there is more difference than on the B7)
    3. diffusor below single frame grill (new on the B8)
    4. section left and right of the single frame grill (completely new - this sharp line comming from the hood down to the bottom)
    5. rear diffusor (completely different than the standard B8, the difference on the B7 was that the standard part was painted)

6. no difference in the mash of the grill structure (seems to be the same as on standard B8 - that is sad

I hope you can follow my observations
    blog.audidriven.net

roadrunner,

The problem is the dropping of the honeycomb effect, without it the look isn't different enough.

roadrunner,

The problem is the dropping of the honeycomb effect, without it the look isn't different enough.
    thats exactly what i ment with no.6

and i am with you on that, that this is a loss. maybe they change it till the s-line package will be available (it is not from the start).
    blog.audidriven.net

is it sure that this is S-line and not the 'standard-look' of the 3.2?

Very interesting why Audi did not show the S-line official images.

Quote Originally Posted by RussianM3_dude View Post

wow you are big need of glasses, the A6 is much larger and more rounded than the a4 which is really square shaped.

And now for my main complaint on all new audis the ....... doorhandles put them in to the body instead of that 80´s style on the outside design it looks like it should be on a car from the early 80's.