Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: A glut of RS6's for sale

If you've been lurking, you'll know that the best resource is the search button! But to quickly answer some of your questions...

1. DRC = dynamic ride control, Audi's hydraulic shock/suspension system which keeps the car from rolling as you make a turn but something is structurally wrong with it and the system often fails (easiest way to tell is to check the shock for leaks.)

2. Warm weather package is the replacement of the sun-roof with a solar-paneled moon-roof which will run the air circulation system to help keep your car cool(er). Contrary to popular belief, it's not the actual air-conditioning system that runs but rather just the fans to help re-circ. the air. Cheers and welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by lonestranger View Post
    I am new to the search for a "good" RS6 (not beat to pieces and still reasonably priced!) I have been "lurking" on the forum to get as much info as I can before I take the plunge, and have a couple of questions if you don't mind: What is the DRC problem that is discussed (what is the DRC) and what is the warm weather package. Inquiring minds want to know. I am contemplating getting rid of my Raven Black 05 CTS-V and remembered how impressed I was when I originally read about the RS6, when it was released. Thus the hunt begins! This will be my daily driver (kinda), as my track toy is a supercharged NSX. I think they might make good playmates. Again hello and keep the info coming!
    this is all fine...but just stay away from ultra low mileage examples in daytona grey or avus silver... you dont want those (waiving hand, jedi mind trick)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by DuckWingDuck View Post
    If you've been lurking, you'll know that the best resource is the search button! But to quickly answer some of your questions...

1. DRC = dynamic ride control, Audi's hydraulic shock/suspension system which keeps the car from rolling as you make a turn but something is structurally wrong with it and the system often fails (easiest way to tell is to check the shock for leaks.)

2. Warm weather package is the replacement of the sun-roof with a solar-paneled moon-roof which will run the air circulation system to help keep your car cool(er). Contrary to popular belief, it's not the actual air-conditioning system that runs but rather just the fans to help re-circ. the air. Cheers and welcome.
    I thank you for the quick informative reply, and in the future will endeavor to use the search function.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jbtexas View Post
    this is all fine...but just stay away from ultra low mileage examples in daytona grey or avus silver... you dont want those (waiving hand, jedi mind trick)
    If it will make you feel better, I lean towards either what is apparently called Mugello Blue or Black Pearl (?).

"Black Pearl" = Ebony Pearl Effect

Warm weather package also included manually-operated rear door-mounted sunshades, and electronically-operated rear window sunshade.

Lonestranger, I suggest you first pick out what exact car(s) you're looking for by knowing what options and colors you have to have and which you don't care about.

I won't go into all the colors, you can search and find photos. I believe all the options a cutomer could pick from are:
    1. Warm Weather Package or Not
    2. Carbon Fibre Interior Trim or Wood Trim
    3. Black Leather Interior w/silver piping or Silver Leather w/black piping
    4. Sport exhaust w/black tips or Standard w/chrome tips.

Good Luck and keep posting on what you see out there in your search!
    If you never exceed the limits, how do you know where they are?

still looking for low mileage (read: less than 30k) silver or grey with black interior...loaded with all options... please email jbtrichel@aol.com

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by BLITZEN View Post
    Lonestranger, I suggest you first pick out what exact car(s) you're looking for by knowing what options and colors you have to have and which you don't care about.

I won't go into all the colors, you can search and find photos. I believe all the options a cutomer could pick from are:
    1. Warm Weather Package or Not
    2. Carbon Fibre Interior Trim or Wood Trim
    3. Black Leather Interior w/silver piping or Silver Leather w/black piping
    4. Sport exhaust w/black tips or Standard w/chrome tips.

Good Luck and keep posting on what you see out there in your search!
    Will do, and I appreciate the warm welcome!

still looking for low mileage (read: less than 30k) silver or grey with black interior...loaded with all options... please email jbtrichel@aol.com
    Ask and you shall receive.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Audi-...spagenameZWDVW
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Anyone here know what a full interior "Naturleder" of an RS6 Avant would fetch in the U.S., despite the crappy currency rate against the EUR? We're talking front and rear, everything.

Get out and drive

LU, are you talking about the entire interior of an RS6? Couple G? I'm still mildly curious about getting the recaros...

Quote Originally Posted by LU-RS6 View Post
    Anyone here know what a full interior "Naturleder" of an RS6 Avant would fetch in the U.S., despite the crappy currency rate against the EUR? We're talking front and rear, everything.
    It's worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I would pay $1,800.00 to $2,000.00 for a complete set of front seats, rear seats, and all door panels.

Are you asking this because you know of one that is for sale?

Tim
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Yeah I'm talking complete set, might sell of mine in a while. I'm not selling it because it has about 212.000kms on it

It's still in good condition but nobody will pay a good price at such mileage, so I might as well try and pull of some custom performance stuff.

I'll let you guys know when I'm onto that stage.
    Get out and drive

Quote Originally Posted by LU-RS6 View Post

Problem with this is that we in the states all have the sedan only...aren't the rear sets completely different from the Avant?
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post

Flying to Portland to see this car... pretty concerned about what happens to a car when it sits for 5 years though. 85 miles. Frankly, except for the wood trim, definitely what I am looking for (had hoped for less than 20k miles, not 85!) Will let you know what happens. Opinions on concerns about 85 miles on a 5 yr car are welcomed. I know what this phenomena does to an older Porsche for instance, and it is death. What about the RS6?

Mine has 73250 miles. Other than 3 months getting DRC fixed the car has been very reliable. Oh and one CV boot. Road debris did that.

And of tires. LOL. Three sets summer, two winter.

Car is in for 75000 mile service. $2000. Yikes. Tune up and timing belt.

Also getting new windshield. A new windshield is just like getting a new car. LOL. See better in rain. Has three good sized chips.

And. Touch up rims.

Mike

Flying to Portland to see this car... pretty concerned about what happens to a car when it sits for 5 years though. 85 miles. Frankly, except for the wood trim, definitely what I am looking for (had hoped for less than 20k miles, not 85!) Will let you know what happens. Opinions on concerns about 85 miles on a 5 yr car are welcomed. I know what this phenomena does to an older Porsche for instance, and it is death. What about the RS6?
    Given what they've advertised as service and the like I wouldn't even bat an eye. My Buick GNX has had less than 50 miles put on it in the past 10 years! It's been started and run a few times a year, driven around the block, and then back up on the lift. Every now and then I tow it to the track and put down a few passes to keep me feeling young again.

The engine is a tank...don't know what happens to inactive turbos but i would be worried about the transmission as it is already a weak link. Suspension bushings on everything up front already give out too easily not sure what they are like (harden) after 5 years of not moving).

I think you would be paying too much for the benefit of the low miles...it will instantly be worth $30K less the second you start putting miles on it. Otherwise who knows, it could be fine or it could be like some cars that things give out randomly. Under warranty at least it can be fixed. I bought my car 3+ years ago with 27K on it and i don't think lower miles would have made any difference with it up to today and 65K miles. If I could save $25K by buying a higher mileage car I would. I saved only about $4 to 5K back when i got mine and $15K off the sticker price vs a car in the teens and I am glad I did...that would be 4 or $5K in value I would be additionally upside down today. I only keep bringing this up as I am not exactly among the wealthy elite so the lost value does very much matter as I do not have $15K I want to waste when I finally want to get rid of the car. Thats still a lot of money to me to waste.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet