Thread: Check this out!

Check this out!

http://www.alainclass.com/gallerys.php?gal_id=348

I do not know what to say...

R8's are deliveries in Europe are already 4weeks late...

...or Audi is screwing us big time.

i'm EXTREMELY frustrated and unhappy with the situation here in the USA. no one seems to know anything. and whatever the dealers say is open to intepretation. i can't believe audi hasn't contacted clientele to reassure them, particularly those with a long history of buying audis.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

I remember reading in one of the UK car magazines and I think the delay is to do with the alloy chassis, they can't keep up with demand. If true why give the car an unrealistic launch date.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Suxs!

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    I remember reading in one of the UK car magazines and I think the delay is to do with the alloy chassis, they can't keep up with demand. If true why give the car an unrealistic launch date.
    who knows. one thing is for sure. their supply won't be able to keep up with demand. this isn't AMG. that's also the bad about the good. the rarity of the car will affect necessarily the availability for customers. and their trick will be to release it in steady numbers, rather than flood the market with a bunch of them at first and then letting them trickle out later. i just wish MY CAR would be an exception
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

I was at the dealer yesterday (Belgium) and I just - by the way - informed about the R8.

They ordered one for stock in nov/dec 2006, and delivery is planned for January 2008 !!

If you order one now, delivery is scheduled 2nd semester 2008 (so it could be december 2008)...

I found this in EVO magazine.

Audi R8 customers (who have already paid a £10,000 deposit) are unhappy with the latest three-month delay announced by Audi, brought about as the result of component supply problems. Early left-hand-drive cars were meant to reach customers in March, but this has now been put back until June. In the UK, meanwhile, deliveries of right-hand-drive cars will start in the fourth quarter of 2007, some three to four months later than originally promised.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    I found this in EVO magazine.
    I saw a RHD R8 in London the other day. I have pictures if you want. Must be first in UK ? It wasnt a press car either. It had private plates.

I guess I'm happy that I'll wait until end run of the series. Maybe one will become avail on the mkt earlier, as some RS6 did when clients changed their minds. Someone else's loss, is my gain.

Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by nene View Post
    I guess I'm happy that I'll wait until end run of the series. Maybe one will become avail on the mkt earlier, as some RS6 did when clients changed their minds. Someone else's loss, is my gain.
    That's me as well. My dealer at least didn't ask for 10,000 pounds Sterling either. That would be about $20,000 USD.

If I had that kind of cash sitting I would be impatient as well.
    2003 RS6, Mugello/Silver, MTM Stage 1 ECM, and TCM mod, Abt 19 inch wheels for summer, stock 18s for winter, RS6+ Pedals INSTALLED! 2Bennett coilover system, 2Bennett front brakes; DRC gone!