Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New rs6. Real pics taken in Spain

To recap on what I DO know about the RS6, it is to be launch with automatic, but the guys at Quattro GmbH who are working on the project want a DSG box at some point, if this become a reality who know I am not a gearbox boffin and don't know if the basics are the same if the front diff is in front of or behind the gearbox.

The picture is unclear as to whether the example is running ceramic brakes or not but what I do know is that the brakes will be mighty. The rear diffuser is right on the money as is the rest of the bodykit from what can be seen.

The torque it will be producing more or less rules out a manual box, so if that's what floats your boat look either where. The revs thing is the puzzling one, what I have be told is that the cylinder wall are thicker because it will be a high reving engine quoting what was said to me "giving the engine more rpm range, not as much as the RS4 but lets say still high reving", again I will admit I am not an engine boffin but does 7000rpm means it is high reving when it has 10 cylinders and two turbos?

There are things I will keep to myself as I feel if you know everything then what is the surprise, just like Christmas.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    To recap on what I DO know about the RS6, it is to be launch with automatic, but the guys at Quattro GmbH who are working on the project want a DSG box at some point, if this become a reality who know I am not a gearbox boffin and don't know if the basics are the same if the front diff is in front of or behind the gearbox.

The picture is unclear as to whether the example is running ceramic brakes or not but what I do know is that the brakes will be mighty. The rear diffuser is right on the money as is the rest of the bodykit from what can be seen.

The torque it will be producing more or less rules out a manual box, so if that's what floats your boat look either where. The revs thing is the puzzling one, what I have be told is that the cylinder wall are thicker because it will be a high reving engine quoting what was said to me "giving the engine more rpm range, not as much as the RS4 but lets say still high reving", again I will admit I am not an engine boffin but does 7000rpm means it is high reving when it has 10 cylinders and two turbos?

There are things I will keep to myself as I feel if you know everything then what is the surprise, just like Christmas.
    Leadfoot, we don't know everything. We just think that RS6 will be a hell of a car.
    Please give us some more infomation you have-)))

Particularly, very interesting to understand the acc. time of RS6: 0-100, 0-200. Will it be faster than M5, E63, 911 Turbo, R8 and etc?

We know that RWD cars have an advantage in a straight line acceleration after 100 because of less losses in the power train, but AWD cars have an advantage up to 100 because of the extra traction.
    These details makes the answer on my question a little bit more comlicated-))).
    Last edited by artur777; May 23rd, 2007 at 23:59.

I'm expecting GREAT AUDI !

remember that the dsg would not be a quattro gmbh creation, due to the complexity. the current dsg is for transverse engines where the other diff is external (haldex). the longitudional dsg would need to be an entirely new creation. forget the bugatti, that has a separate differential from the transmission. as we know the current quattro platform includes the front diff and the dsg would need to do something similar - which doesn't leave a lot of room for twin clutches imho.

i believe that the best bet for dsg will be a later incarnation of the the mlp platform (as debuted in the a5).
    dave
    '03 rs6
    '04 allroad tdi

Very cool sneak pix of the next C6 RS6.

Great stuff, nice find.

The revs thing is the puzzling one, what I have be told is that the cylinder wall are thicker because it will be a high reving engine quoting what was said to me "giving the engine more rpm range, not as much as the RS4 but lets say still high reving", again I will admit I am not an engine boffin but does 7000rpm means it is high reving when it has 10 cylinders and two turbos?
    I think that just means it'll have a big fat torque curve. Though the rev limit is nothing special, the torque will probably drop off later than on other big turbo engines. Bringing the powerband closer to the rev limit. Hence being a high rev engine, relative to this type of engine. But that's just speculation.

The qualities of an undersquare engine are heat management, low end torque (leverage on the crankshaft) and allowing for a higher compression ratio.

I'll speculate some more, and say that a high rev Turbo engine needs a turbine that can operate effeciently at different engine speeds. Like for instance the VTG turbos on the 997 turbo.

And to make the engine more effecient at higher engine speeds, you need good controle of the airflow in the intake. Like for instance a Valvelift valvetrain.
    Mazda MX-5 (Miata NB)

wow ... GREAT.
    strongly remininds me of the car i saw a few month ago (i reportet it here with crappy photos) on the Autobahn here in Austria.
    well ... it's going to get a real GREAT car.

rgds
    mr

<~~~ getting really excited about the new RS6...but remember guys the best is yet to come because these are all still working models...the finish product will be more fine tuned than the current spy photos we are seeing...nonetheless CONTINUE TO ROCK ON AUDI!!!!
    "Eh Tu Brute?"
    --------------------
    2005 Audi A4 UltraSports Package

Nice pics! But will the RS6 only have 2 pipes, while S6 has 4??

Quote Originally Posted by Stefanati View Post
    Nice pics! But will the RS6 only have 2 pipes, while S6 has 4??
    It is traditional for the RS models to have two oval pipes which started with the Mk1 RS4 and has continued with every model there after. The S models originally had two smaller round pipe but this was changed to four with the B7 S4 and continued with the S6 and S8.

The only S model that still has only two pipes is the S3.

It is traditional for the RS models to have two oval pipes which started with the Mk1 RS4 and has continued with every model there after. The S models originally had two smaller round pipe but this was changed to four with the B7 S4 and continued with the S6 and S8.

The only S model that still has only two pipes is the S3.
    Yes, but maybe it would look more agressive when the RS6 had 4 oval pipes like E63 AMG, bigger ones than S6!

Here are more pics of the supposed RS6....

// bobey

Sweeettt look

Is that a camera in the front of the "RS6"? Night vision or just a bullet cam?

Edit NOT!
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

I would guess either night-cam or parking-cam.

// bobey

I think it's the hole where you put the towing eye into, thought it does look a little high for this.

I think it's the hole where you put the towing eye into, thought it does look a little high for this.
    same thought here.

greetings
    seb.
    I am - besides other things - Audidriven
    blog.audidriven.net