Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RS6 Suspension Issues

The saga continues - so I called the dealer this morning and told them that the car was not right - they had me drive it over and as I was driving I heard the thumping noise out of the rear ( on the side that was replaced!) that has been discussed on these pages. Showed the service manager the car and demonstrated the "bounce" test and he agreed that the car was not right. More to come....

So, Pacific still dosent know how to fix them. Good to know.. Now you see why I was so frustrated down there that time. Did that guy Paris do it?

Well, car is back on the road and it seems to be OK - at least for the local drives it feels the same - now I need to take it for a good spin and see if it is truly all better.

Two shocks, two valves and labor - about $4500 at list prices, so say $2500 actual cost. You think Audi would want to make a bulk buy of PSS9's or something to fix this.

Hi

Did they fit the Bilstein PSS-9 on your RS6? Would be very interested to hear how it works and if its even og better than DRC

Audiline

Audiline - no they just fixed the DRC - so far so good - car feels about the same.

Quote Originally Posted by s42ski View Post
    Audiline - no they just fixed the DRC - so far so good - car feels about the same.
    Glad to hear you finally got the problem fixed. It's surprising that they did only the diagonal the first time. Did they end up changing out all four shocks plus the central valve? Keep us posted on how it goes and GOOD LUCK! Enjoy your Beast.

SoCal

Current: S6 (2007), A3 2.0T (2008), RX-7 (1995)

Previous Audi: RS6 (2003)

Socal, they replaced one shock (!), the one that was leaking and then the central valve (twice) for that diagonal. The other diaganal they left alone since there was no leakage. I discussed replacing all four at length and got a firm but polite no. The regional rep came out, looked at the leakage and stated " I would not have replaced the leaking shock since the suspension was still firm".

When I was a mechanic long time ago you replace the shock when it leaked, you did wait for the car to start bouncing all over the highway.

In any case the car feels good so far.