Thread: Anyone know the average lease buy-off in the end of 2007 for an RS6??

Anyone know the average lease buy-off in the end of 2007 for an RS6??

I know someone who has an RS6 lease ending in the end of the year. Car has about 40K miles. What would be the lease buy-off on it.
    10' B8 S4 6MT- GIAC S1, Injen Intake, AWE Catback
    93' C4 S4 5MT- VEMS, GT30R, Built Motor etc...

i think the total owed on mine was 43k (with 4 months left on lease). so whatever that works out to with a 1200/month payment. Car only had 7057 miles on it tho.

My buyout in August is 39k

I would guess the buyout at the end of the year (sounds like it was a 4 year lease, if car leased new) would be in the low to mid $30k's. Depends on how the lease was initially structured: any cap cost reduction upfront, and other lease terms.

Mileage doesn't affect lease payoff amount, though it does affect the value of the car at the end of the lease term if it is returned to the lessor with excess miles, and it affects the price that a third party would pay on resale. If lease was though Audi (not a bank), the car may have a higher residual value. The lower monthly payment was offset by a higher payoff amount. Note that the payoff amount quoted may not include sales tax; if the lease doesn't facilitate third party sales by the lessee, or the lessee just buys it out and then resells it (not smart), then there could be a double hit on sales tax.

Ask for the VIN from the seller and have your local Audi dealer run the maintenance history (a good idea anyway, along with a Carfax) and also see if the dealer can get you the lease payoff amount, if you know who the lessor is. Dealer might be able to do that for you if you know them well.
    SoCal

Current: S6 (2007), A3 2.0T (2008), RX-7 (1995)

Previous Audi: RS6 (2003)

my buyout is 36k. plus tax LOL....