Thread: Feedback on Ferodo DS3000 brake pads requested.

Feedback on Ferodo DS3000 brake pads requested.

A local Audi tuning shop indicates these are great track pads, and they can get them for the my RS6. I wanted some feedback from those with firsthand experience with these pads to make sure they aren't going to ruin my wheels, kill my rotors, or blow up when threshold braking from 140mph . They suggested the Ferodo DS2500 for a "fast road pad" but I think the track pad is the way to go for track specific use.

Of course, higher temp brake fluid and Phaeton scoops will be installed as well.

Any advice is helpful.

Thanks,

Try sending jimmy94507 a PM. If I'm correct, I believe he has (or knows someone with) experience with these...

I had experience with these on a S4 (B5). Good but noisey.

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Benman View Post

I had experience with these on a S4 (B5). Good but noisey.
    Noisey is not a concern, except if the noise is my rotors getting eaten up. Another concern is the volatility of the brake dust. I used Hawk Blue race pads on my B5 S4 and the brake dust etched into the wheel paint. As you could imagine, I would like to avoid pads that do this.

Thanks,

Re: Volatility of brake dust

My theory on that is that it is not a chemical reaction but red-hot metallic dust particles melting their way in (assuming it happend while on the track). Just my theory - anyone else?

I don't have An Audi,but do have a 1600kg car with A-P racing brakes,my experience is bad with Ferrodo DS2500,no braking whatsoever now 8000km driven.Pagid was always good,never ferrodo again.And alot of red dust,but I clean my wheels almost every week
    Dr.Go-Fast...

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    I don't have An Audi,but do have a 1600kg car with A-P racing brakes,my experience is bad with Ferrodo DS2500,no braking whatsoever now 8000km driven.Pagid was always good,never ferrodo again.And alot of red dust,but I clean my wheels almost every week
    DS2500's are aggressive street pads, not really track pads. DS3000's are the track/race pad. I have had very good luck with Pagids myself in my former Stage 3 S4 on otherwise stock brakes. I ordered the DS3000's, so I'll be sure to write up a review after my track day in a few weeks.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Avus-RS6 View Post
    DS2500's are aggressive street pads, not really track pads. DS3000's are the track/race pad. I have had very good luck with Pagids myself in my former Stage 3 S4 on otherwise stock brakes. I ordered the DS3000's, so I'll be sure to write up a review after my track day in a few weeks.

Jason

Ah okay,thanks
    Dr.Go-Fast...

Avus-RS6: looking forward to see your review, as I was thinking about using DS3000 during this season.
    2004 RS6 Avant

I'm recommending Pagid pads. If noise doesn't matter. It is just well known that those really work. Not that much need to test others. Have heard some bad things about Ferodo pads, but not sure which model.

Update - Track day coming up 4/24, and Ferodo pads are not going in. As it turns out, it will take 4 weeks for the pads to get to my door, so its a no go. I am having a very tough time finding anyone who can get me track pads in a reasonable timeframe. I think I'll just do the brake fluid and see how she does with stock pads (badly I'm assuming). I have a service shortly after the track day, so any brake carnage can be fixed then, under warranty of course. ;-)