Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can your Audi get you off speeding?

Can your Audi get you off speeding?

Caught doing 257km/h in a 120km/h limit and he gets off because he drives an Audi

http://www.motoring.co.za/index.php?...751&fSetId=381

This guy had a combination of an excellent car and a good lawyer.

Hahhaha, that's a good one!

I was stopped by a Polizei Mercedes C break about 2 weeks ago. They caught me crossing 2 white lines whilst taking over an M3 and speeding upto 230 km/h in a 90 zone.
    They seemed to be impressed by the car and where wispering "RS6" to each other. Very nice cops, and they were very understanding as they must have realized my actions were not dangerous given the situation.

They dropped the speeding and gave me a warning of 35 EUR for the overtaking.

Respect to those guys. They were right I shouldn't overtake there, and the speeding was not dangerous.

Get out and drive

I hade the "bitte Folgen" on me 2 years ago as well...

I was in my Auädi A3, no charges
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

hehe, havent seen it yet (knock on wood...).

That spanish driver must be really lucky....i guess you get a pretty high fee in spain?

Quote Originally Posted by jonas21 View Post
    hehe, havent seen it yet (knock on wood...).

That spanish driver must be really lucky....i guess you get a pretty high fee in spain?

I heard about the same article, but according to my knowledge the driver was not excused for his speeding , his sentence merely got reduced because the judge claimed that driving at that speed on that spot in those circumstances was not necessarily dangerous.
    Still I think he lost his driver's license for several months and had to pay a fine.
    Get out and drive

Funny I had a cop pull me over for doing 125mph in a 45mph zone and he congratulated me on the buy come to find out he had a brand new RS4
    ***Big Drew***

Re:Vision Auto Salon
    Revisionauto.com
    801 E. Gude Dr
    Rockville MD 20850

Remember to pray to the car gods daily

to hell with all of you. I never get off without ticket. Car should be equipped with radar detector as standard.

Quote Originally Posted by george h View Post
    to hell with all of you. I never get off without ticket...
    Well I was pulled over NINE times before recieving my first ticket.

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Benman View Post

Ben

That is what I call expiriance !

Quote Originally Posted by Benman View Post

Ben
    Ben,

You must have a "system" ...

Finnus
    2001 S4 Silver Triptonik
    2003 RS 6 Muguello Blue

Quote Originally Posted by Finnus View Post
    Ben,

You must have a "system" ...

Finnus

It's called dumb luck!

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Geez, and I got a ticket in Nevada, which used to have no speed limit!

OK, I'm moving to Spain ... or Switzerland ... or maybe Southern California so I can take along Ben whenever I stomp on it!

Actually the Nevada ticket never showed up on my home state records, so I never suffered insurance premium consequences & can't really complain much. I was doing about 120 mph when I saw the cop & slowed down; he got me at 98 but ticketed me for 88. Officer said if he'd caught me at 100 or over, there would be no break and my fine would have more than tripled to $750. I think I got the break because I was honest when he asked, "Why were you going so fast?" My reply: "Well, it's a new car (this was in 2003), has lots of power, the road ahead and behind me was clear, so I went for it."

He smiled and said "I would have done the same thing ... but you got caught."
    Last edited by JAXRS6; March 27th, 2007 at 04:19.
    Current: 09 G8 GT

Previously owned includes: 03 RS 6, 00 Audi S4, 98 Audi A4, 05 Chrysler Crossfire SRT6, 86 Buick Regal turbo, 75 BMW 530i, 7? Lotus Elite, 72 Jaguar XJ6, 71 Audi 100LS, 69 Pontiac Firebird 400, 68 Dodge Charger, 52 Triumph TR2

Quote Originally Posted by JAXRS6 View Post
    OK, I'm moving to Spain ... or Switzerland ... or maybe Southern California so I can take along Ben whenever I stomp on it!
    I wouldn't move to Switzerland, it has one of the most severe trafficlaws in Europe. I'd pick some eastern European country or Germany then

Actually the Nevada ticket never showed up on my home state records, so I never suffered insurance premium consequences & can't really complain much.
    Getting caught speeding has consequences for insurance in the US?? Dayumn
    Get out and drive

I agree, dont speed in Switzerland ...

they have some hefty fines these days. Also most cities have speed limits of 35km/h and 50km/h (22 mph & 31mph). I feel spoiled if I can do 80mph on the 405 and the cops dont care!
    [B]_________________________________________[/B]
    [B][SIZE=1]Was that a 4 door sedan that just blew my doors off?[/SIZE][/B]

[SIZE=1]Currently: [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]'03 RS6[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]'02 911 Carrera[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]'05 Cadillac Escalade[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by LU-RS6 View Post
    Getting caught speeding has consequences for insurance in the US?? Dayumn

Oh, yeah -- big time!:bigeyes:I don't have precise figures but one ticket hurts, and two or three within a two or three year period REALLY hurts. Premiums can double, I think. Once this happens, searching for another insurance company becomes difficult, too, because most firms have access to data bases showing those tickets. (Sometimes they miss tickets out of one's home state, though, as happened with my Nevada stop.) The theory, I guess, is that speeding drivers are less safe than those who don't speed ... and, that those who get caught may not have been paying attention as much as they should have. I assume they have data showing a relationship between speeding and accidents, which of course cost them money.

This doesn't happen in Switzerland and/or Europe? Aren't your insurance companies for-profit businesses? Do they not regard speeding as a risky business? Or maybe they don't find out about tickets?

Then there's driver's education. I've read that Germany can be tough, but many states here have no requirement at all. Dumb & dangerous actions by many drivers are the result. Tailgating and running red lights seems to be the latest trend among younger drivers, at least in Florida. With so many idiots on the road, insurance companies probably use tickets of ANY kind to raise rates on "bad" drivers so that they can keep their "good" drivers happy with lower rates.

Previously owned includes: 03 RS 6, 00 Audi S4, 98 Audi A4, 05 Chrysler Crossfire SRT6, 86 Buick Regal turbo, 75 BMW 530i, 7? Lotus Elite, 72 Jaguar XJ6, 71 Audi 100LS, 69 Pontiac Firebird 400, 68 Dodge Charger, 52 Triumph TR2

This doesn't happen in Switzerland and/or Europe? Aren't your insurance companies for-profit businesses? Do they not regard speeding as a risky business? Or maybe they don't find out about tickets?
    Yup, i dont know a single country in europe which does this. European data protection laws protect us....the insurance companys arent allowed to get this data (i bet they'd like to have it). Of course our insurance companys are for-profit, too.
    I dont think speeding is that risky...actually it might just be otherwise. Just look at Denmark(?). 2 years ago they had a speed limit of 100 and they wanted to raise it to 120km/h. Alot of people complained and predicted fatal increase in accidents....guess what happend....accident count went down 20% (!) when it passed law.
    Might be the fact that people who are speeding watch things more closer (atleast for their own safety if not at all).

Thanks, Jonas. Very interesting.

Can you or others reply regarding driver's education in Europe: Is it required, or does that vary? Is it very thorough/comprehensive? More difficult in Germany than elsewhere, due to unlimited Autobahn speeds & the knowlege required to travel those speeds safely?
    Last edited by JAXRS6; March 28th, 2007 at 05:27.