Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Video: Why a brake upgrade can save your life

Quote Originally Posted by Mori View Post
    That is exactly why I opted for ceramics. The last time someone got into my lane when I was 200+ I had to overtake on the safety lane or crash.
    Be carefull the Audi ceramics do not brake shorter than stock RS4 brakes on a one shot big braking such this highway vid. Actually it is the contrary : ceramics braking distance (cold) is longer than stock brakes. Once hot then ceramics make the difference.

Always good to know...

I'm considering ceramics on my new RS6 and this is an area I could do with some advice on please...

Do you reckon that normal driving/braking (on motorways) would warm the brakes up enough for the fact that they are ceramic to make a difference?

Basically my decision will come down to whether or not my car would stop more quickly (rather than the pose-factor - which is less important to me than avoiding a crash).

I posted the test RS4 stock brakes vs ceramics months ago here... results on 10 consecutive hard braking were very clear on a 200-0 I think

The first 2 braking stock some meters shorter.
    then up to 5 both were more or less the same
    then ceramics all the was.

I am not saying ceramics are not good of course they are. But people tend to believe they can make the difference in normal life (one hard braking time to time to avoid something) and it is not the case.

I hesitated a lot wether getting them or not. I am happy with stock brakes. On an RS6 though I would get ceramics for shure. Definitely.

Yep - I saw those figure - interesting to read. Would you definitely go for cermaics on the RS6 because of the extra weight?

definitely.

The car will weight something like 400kg more than the RS4...

Cheers..

Quote Originally Posted by Bensch View Post
    This is a autobahn with 2 tracks at the day...
    Why you are driving 300? You have nothing under control...thats only stupid.

Do that on the A5 with 3 or 4 tracks at the night or on a race track.
    tztz this is typical, many foreigners come to Germany for racing on the autobahn cause here is no speed limit and driving like idiots.

Especially dutchs and swiss are racing on the autobahn.

Don't think I'm a slow driver, I like to drive fast myself but in this situation it's stupid.
    Sometimes driver not even look one time in the mirror...in this case it could be really close and you will crash before you have any chance to brake.

Think about it.
    stupidity goes for the driver in slow lane, Bensch - specially on unrestricted autobahn - if you look closer he had no business in left lane for quite distance. Rather typical situation where some people strongly believe they do own the Autobahn driving 120 km/h in left lane. LU was a actually lucky that the driver did not hit the brakes to demonstrate his superiority in left lane and make him to slow down even more just for fun of it. I agree with you that there is too many drivers WITHOUT mirrors on Autobahn - smaller the car, less mirrors .....

Although Dutch drivers could dominate the "most arrogant" left lane hogging (read "driving slow in left lane") there is equall if not bigger number of German drivers doing the same $hit like you have seen in the video - had this happen to me couple weeks ago around Flensburg on A7.

Someone who purchased his drivers licene in Kaufland (and apparently got a factory reject) pulled on empty autobahn to left lane, no turn signal, doing 120 and than hit the brakes (no traffic) to slow down to about 90-100 to make sure that we will have to follow him while he was passing another car for next 5 kilometers. The guy driving S8 behind me had to eat his steering wheel ....

Now who is the idiot?

Good reaction and brakes, LU
    rs6+/mtm/movit
    q7 4.2 tdi mtm
    CAT D3
    RAM3500 D Cummins 6.7 Diesel

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ObamaCare: Medicine with IRS compassion and DMV urgency.

"A politician will never provide a service for you cheaper than you can do it yourself...."

If the liberals love communism so much, why don't they move to China?