Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Rs6..

New Rs6..

HI, I'M NEW IN HERE, I HAVE A QUESTION TO ASK..I THOUGHT THE NEW RS6 WILL BE LAUNCH AT THE GENEVA MOTOR SHOW BUT I DIDN'T SEE IT ...DO U GUYS KNOW WHY?? THANKS!

Apparently all info on a debut was wrong, its not showing there. Seems we have to wait further :/

Yepp... we'll have to wait. Frankfurt maybe?

RS6 in 2009?

April '07 Motor Trend has a piece on page 18 (US) titled "Audi amps up RS" by Paul Horrell. It says the TT RS is next, "in about two years," and that the RS6 "launches after the TT RS." Also expect an RS5 "within a couple years," says MT.

FYI dealers here know nothing, and I just spoke to an AOA rep who said likewise. Said he's "heard nothing from the inside, so all I have to go by is what I read and hear on the outside."
    Current: 09 G8 GT

Previously owned includes: 03 RS 6, 00 Audi S4, 98 Audi A4, 05 Chrysler Crossfire SRT6, 86 Buick Regal turbo, 75 BMW 530i, 7? Lotus Elite, 72 Jaguar XJ6, 71 Audi 100LS, 69 Pontiac Firebird 400, 68 Dodge Charger, 52 Triumph TR2

it means i have to wait longer time for the new to come out !!

I guess it'll be coming out at frankfurt. Makes somewhat more sense than geneva...but still noone confirms anything. I am pretty sure we'll see it this year tho.

Why wait

What is it with Audi keeping their faithful and loyal customer base waiting. Seems everyone knows there will be an RS6 model in the C6 family, so why not just confirm it so potential buyers can keep it in mind.
    If Audi can come out and say something like "It will be available for order in November 2007, delivery in February 2008", then I will wait and order. At present I'm looking for a performance vehicle in that class and all I can see to purchase at years end is an E55/E63 or M5.

Why wait????

Quote Originally Posted by paulhiggs View Post
    What is it with Audi keeping their faithful and loyal customer base waiting. Seems everyone knows there will be an RS6 model in the C6 family, so why not just confirm it so potential buyers can keep it in mind.
    If Audi can come out and say something like "It will be available for order in November 2007, delivery in February 2008", then I will wait and order. At present I'm looking for a performance vehicle in that class and all I can see to purchase at years end is an E55/E63 or M5.

Why wait????
    I'd like to know, too, though I'm in no particular hurry to switch cars by the end of the year. Earlier posts indicated sooner than 2009, but I believe MT is the latest (per my post above) & they're saying two years plus. Given that nothing official has been announced, all we can do is speculate...and wonder if MT or others will be proven correct.

A guess: Maybe Audi is still working on some technical issues, like perhaps a less failure-prone DRC or something else to replace it, and they don't want to announce a firm introduction date until they have resolved such issues. Maybe they're playing around with different trannies, too.
    Current: 09 G8 GT

Previously owned includes: 03 RS 6, 00 Audi S4, 98 Audi A4, 05 Chrysler Crossfire SRT6, 86 Buick Regal turbo, 75 BMW 530i, 7? Lotus Elite, 72 Jaguar XJ6, 71 Audi 100LS, 69 Pontiac Firebird 400, 68 Dodge Charger, 52 Triumph TR2

My guess:

No RS6

But an S6plus like they had with the C4 model.
    Get out and drive

The development period in these car is vast, the hot weather, cold weather, endurance and handling testing all take their time but things are coming to an end, there is presently two cars going through final cold weather testing and the car will be presented to the pubic at the IAA show soon. I must be done in the same way as BMW have shown the M3, March as a concept in name only with the real thing in September, the RS6 might be shown soon but might not be on general release until spring/summer '08.
    Search and you will find the truth.

i saw some pictures of the new M3 and it looks cool....however i still think that the RS4 is a better machine to drive......btw i wish i would have RS6 & RS4 at the same time.

I think they will wait untill there is a new A6 model, all their money has gone to a5/s5. R8. or 2010 maybe, when the new A8 comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Lam View Post
    i saw some pictures of the new M3 and it looks cool....however i still think that the RS4 is a better machine to drive......btw i wish i would have RS6 & RS4 at the same time.
    They look good next to each other

(no, i dont own both)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rs46.jpg 
Views:	429 
Size:	63.0 KB 
ID:	4741  

Quote Originally Posted by Niklas View Post
    I think they will wait untill there is a new A6 model, all their money has gone to a5/s5. R8. or 2010 maybe, when the new A8 comes.
    Audi is definitivly working on a RS6 based on the current A6. There have been numerous mules and there is another board (german only) where some girl/woman said that she drove with someone from Audi in a RS6 mule. However she couldnt (or wasnt allowed to) make any statements regarding what the car will have. As far as i had read she was trustworthy (or atleast the members of the board said so).
    Heres the link to the thread:
    http://rs246.de/Forum2/viewtopic.php?t=909

RS6 C6 will be and will come in this year in the next months i assure you all!!!

wow.....that's great !! but how can u be so sure??:eye:

wanna bett with me?i am very very sure cause i feel it...inside me there's an audi engine revving to his limit of phisically posible...RS6 will be hot new bible in the supercar area...hmmmm...yes yes yes...audi 4 life...

As I have always said in the past, you wont see the next gen RS6 being produced until late 2008/early 2008.

Autoweek's latest issue said that Audi confirmed the RS5 lineup is a go, which only means the RS6 is on the backburner for now. Its all marketing folks, its gonna be easier to sell more S5/RS5's than the RS6. The last RS6 was close to $90k, the next gen is going to be more, prolly closer to $100k. That is alot of dough to pay for a heavily modified A6 chassis, would i buy it? Probably yes, but I dont think I speak for alot of RS6 demographic population. Audi is busy now, no make that VERY musy with the RS4, TT-RS, A5/S5/RS5 and the almighty R8/R10 deal to focus on the RS6.

Thats just my view, but whats been happening in the past few months shows that I am correct or maybe just a little bit on the right path with my forecast.

Bajo
    2007 Audi S8 (daytona/black)
    2005 Mercedes G55 (designo graphite)