Thread: RS6 downpipes, some questions.

RS6 downpipes, some questions.

Looking at a cutaway of the RS6 engine, it looks like there are a couple of restrictions on the stock downpipes. Also, I believe there are 4 catylitic converters.

Here are my questions.

Firstly, has anyone installed aftermarket downpipes (dp's) on their RS6. If so, did you notice or measure an increase in power. Which brand do you have and how much did it cost to install.

Lastly, is there any other benefit besides power. I am thinking maybe better fuel mileage, cooler engine bay, longer turbo life?

I know the B5 S4 stock dp's have precats right behind the turbos, and they get VERY hot, possible resulting in reduced turbo life.

Thoughts on any or all of the above are appreciated.

Thanks.

I believe there are several options out there, including APR and Milltek. If I end up keeping my RS6 long-term I will get these for a different reason than what you listed: Quicker spool-up of the turbos. On my B5 S4 downpipes *dramatically* made a difference on that. I think Bob from Stratmosphere might have just put a set on his RS6.

Quote Originally Posted by ruxprncd View Post
    I believe there are several options out there, including APR and Milltek. If I end up keeping my RS6 long-term I will get these for a different reason than what you listed: Quicker spool-up of the turbos. On my B5 S4 downpipes *dramatically* made a difference on that. I think Bob from Stratmosphere might have just put a set on his RS6.
    I emailed Bob to get his input. I know they made a difference on my B5 S4 as well. The RS6 DP's are quite a bit more expensive, and I want to make sure I am getting worth while benefit prior to buying them. I'm probably looking months down the road, if not more. I just want to plan it out so I can budget for my upgrades.

dahback racing do 2 set's , one with race cats & the other has non . I called milltek sport last week and they will make a set of d/p with no cats for £300 each + vat . This is the cheapest option i've found so far .

http://www.dahlbackracing.se/english/main.asp

Quote Originally Posted by grizz View Post
    dahback racing do 2 set's , one with race cats & the other has non . I called milltek sport last week and they will make a set of d/p with no cats for £300 each + vat . This is the cheapest option i've found so far .

http://www.dahlbackracing.se/english/main.asp

i have dahlback and love it. db's dp's are the bigest (3 in i think) and flow the best. but look at the numbers..
    03 rs6 dahlback 461 awd hp 530 tq. 12.2 118 gone
    01 rs4
    Rs6 avant loba 6sp