Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Audi A5 Leaked

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    All of these statements sound so familiar, cue the TT Mk2 and the R8 but after seeing them in the fresh everyone thought they were amazing looking. I doubt the new A5 will be anything different. I personally like the dash, it looks a lot more sporty than the current A4 if not quite as good as the TT or R8.

I reckon it looks a lot more muscular than the 3series Coupe but again only seeing them side by side will tell.

All of these statements sound so familiar, cue the TT Mk2 and the R8 but after seeing them in the fresh everyone thought they were amazing looking. I doubt the new A5 will be anything different. I personally like the dash, it looks a lot more sporty than the current A4 if not quite as good as the TT or R8.

I reckon it looks a lot more muscular than the 3series Coupe but again only seeing them side by side will tell.
    I don't know Leadie, it may take a long time for me to warm up to the design. I hope the chassis improvements, modular platform and engine choices make up for the "ho-hum" exterior design elements.

Dear Friends,

i would also say wait until you have seen the car in person. It is fantastic in my eyes. As far as the back concerns, i cant either say if or who redesigned its product after another. Índeed some characteristics look familiar. If the A5 would have been shown before the 3 Series Coupe the terms would be reversed. Taste is of course -as always- personal but i see a Déjà Vu here, remember?

All of these statements sound so familiar, cue the TT Mk2 and the R8 but after seeing them in the fresh everyone thought they were amazing looking. I doubt the new A5 will be anything different.
    Who ever says the design is too gentle, wait a few more days.

Qisha

Leadi - I'm soo with you on this one. Eventhough i like the desing from the beginning, there some things that iritate me. But that is how it has been for the last years with Audi design, and all the last modells looked better in flesh than on pictures.

The good thing is that Audi does not have a fleshy, bland design that is easily aprehendable but easily forgotten as well.
    It is more comlicated, demanding - but also has more substance.

I'm no desing expert- but that is how i feel and felt about Audi desing for the last years. And for me the A5 / S5 is no different.

And now imagine this car as RS5

Greetings
    seb.
    I am - besides other things - Audidriven
    blog.audidriven.net

Quote Originally Posted by Subzero View Post

now you be the judge, has audi copied it self (novolari) or has BMW copied audi ( novolari) or has audi copied BMW
    I think BMW copied AUDI ... because the A3 Sportback, the Nuvolari, the Q7 and i think the Allroad Concept were all cars which AUDI presented/introduced BEFORE BMW come along with their 3er Coupe

very nice modern design.....better then I thought it would be

and why oh why do the pictures have to be pictures of a TDI????? Diesel coupes, are like pamela handerson with my grandmas legs... ruins everything!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Charles DLF View Post
    and why oh why do the pictures have to be pictures of a TDI????? Diesel coupes, are like pamela handerson with my grandmas legs... ruins everything!!!!
    Marketing wise not in Austria, not in Germany - where the % of Diesel engines within a modell range, especially Audi is quite high. In Austria more than 80% of all Audis are Diesel.

There are still rumors, that a Diesel verion of the TT will be introduced - a market for it exists for sure.

That it is not very "sexy" for a coupe like the A5 - I'm with you on that.

Greetings.
    seb
    I am - besides other things - Audidriven
    blog.audidriven.net

I don't understand those of you who say that this is a butt ugly car etc, because it actually isn't. No one can honestly say that, because it has genuinely classic lines, balanced proportions, and well thought through design features all around. And comparing it with Banglemobile designs.....well, that's borderline laughable.

However, at the same time I do understand your disappointment, because I too think that Audi could have done so much more. Not that the Nuvolari concept would have been the best starting point, because there were elements in that design which simply didn't work. Contrary to that of this A5. But nevertheless, this car is simply too conservative and dull and I for sure wouldn't want one. I hope I'll change my opinion once I've seen it in the flesh....

RB

from behinde it looks much like as 335 coupe... i don't like it.... but the front and the side is looking brilliantly for me
    Maybe BMW is better than Mercedes or Mercedes is better than BMW but there is one car which better then both of them together... 25 years quattro..AUDI

past: Nissan Micra K11 1.3 16 valve;
    BMW 325 1995 192hp(stock) Chip tuning up to 207hp.
    Present: Audi A4 2.8L V6 237hp (intercooling system, injection, chip tuning)

I think pl are being a lil to harsh on this car....its supposed to be a 2 dr A4.....interior might not look like a A8 but u get what u pay for....either way the car looks good love the led lighting

I think the interior is much better than 3 series - still Audi quality

When you look at the cross-section side view of the new A5 the engine does look to be at least 6~8 inches farther back than before.

http://www.fourtitude.com/gallery/ga...=&dispsize=800

This combined with the new Quattro system should make this car a real force to be reckoned with. It will be interesting to see what the weight balance front to rear will be, hopefully better than the 59/41% of the RS4.
    Search and you will find the truth.