Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Video: RS4 vs M3 CSL

[QUOTE=Hawk;86976]http://www.revlovers.com/pages/videos:show:vidid,264?p[/QUO

Why i see a ford GT?

only Frod GT too, no RS4, no M3 CSL
    [img]http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/5642/sigpic2aip5.jpg[/img]

It's just a damn Ford!

I always thought the CSL would be the quicker, but not by that much.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    I always thought the CSL would be the quicker, but not by that much.
    Sport auto times 0-180 :
    RS4 avant 14,4 sec
    RS4 sedan 13,5 sec
    M3 CSL 14,2 sec
    Perhaps a sedan RS4 without co-driver would perform better.It is strange for me that the difference increased continuously.

thats what i think, maybe the RS4 driver really didnt step on it, do u guys think so?

Quote Originally Posted by KK265 View Post
    Sport auto times 0-180 :
    RS4 avant 14,4 sec
    RS4 sedan 13,5 sec
    M3 CSL 14,2 sec
    Perhaps a sedan RS4 without co-driver would perform better.It is strange for me that the difference increased continuously.
    Remember this was a rolling start and not a standing start which is what this figures are for. In a rolling start I would reckon the Beemer has the advantage and this is why BMWM5.com use this to their advantage in all their tests.

But even with the advantage of a rolling start, I am still surprised at the scale of the win.

Remember this was a rolling start and not a standing start which is what this figures are for. In a rolling start I would reckon the Beemer has the advantage and this is why BMWM5.com use this to their advantage in all their tests.

But even with the advantage of a rolling start, I am still surprised at the scale of the win.
    On 4th gear about 180km/h according to sport auto tests the difference is 1 sec.If you see the video again you will see that this is the difference between two cars at the end.So everything it is ok.CSL is 400 kg less.....

KK265,

Oh please. Stop giving 7:53RS6 more fuel on this subject.

That statement may explain the CSL vs RS4 but what about the M6 vs Gallardo? Anyway we have seen a white RS4 tackle an M5 with 525hp and even it didn't out perform the RS4 by these standards.

This is not ill bloody, far be it, I rate the CSL BMW's finest hour and that includes the McLaren F1 engine. If this RS4 was new with little mileage then a re-run is needed when a bit more miles are on the car and it's up to it full potential.

In a rolling start I would reckon the Beemer has the advantage and this is why BMWM5.com use this to their advantage in all their tests.
    Heh, how many start you think it would take that both drivers get perfect start? Broken clutches and other drive terrains. Just trying to say it is not that smart thing to do. Nowadays most BMW's got the launch control so it would be even easy to launch. Hope you get my point

Wasn't that surprised of the outcome. Thought that the CSL would be the quicker one.. but not by that much.

The car has not enough mileage, it's an avant,....it can explain a bit, but there's a huge difference i must admit!

A friend of mine is buying a used CSL, we'll gona do some test/videos and we'll put it there if you want.

My beast is an RS4 sedan with 20 000kms, k&n filter, and exhaust soon.....and it works fine!!

Quote Originally Posted by piero View Post
    The car has not enough mileage, it's an avant,....it can explain a bit, but there's a huge difference i must admit!

A friend of mine is buying a used CSL, we'll gona do some test/videos and we'll put it there if you want.

My beast is an RS4 sedan with 20 000kms, k&n filter, and exhaust soon.....and it works fine!!
    We wait allready for them.Make please two videos before installation of exhaust and two after.Rolling start until v-max if it is possible!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by piero View Post

That would be great! As soon as possible please!

Quote Originally Posted by Speedou View Post
    Heh, how many start you think it would take that both drivers get perfect start? Broken clutches and other drive terrains. Just trying to say it is not that smart thing to do. Nowadays most BMW's got the launch control so it would be even easy to launch. Hope you get my point
    Speedo you have a point . As well its like this, i know Gustav a bit and have been on his M5.com airfield races. There are reasons for no standstill race. Let me say this, personaly im not the guy that drive my car in a way so that my tiers would last long... if you know what i mean. But the truth is many peopel driving these cars are very afraid that their tiers as well clutch, etc, will premature wear out, as well many are very poor in launching a car from stand still.

This is the reason why most guys prefer a rolling start, even the awd guys are pretty glad for this, they are the most afraid for their clutches and drivtrain, im not. So let me point out it has nothing to do whit what ledi say beeing the reason for rolling starts.

In fact not many seems to understand that a CSL on hot r-compund is pretty fast from standstill when on launchcontrol starts as well other M cars are.
    "Learning by doing"

"It's racing, bullfighting and mountain climbing - the rest is just games"
    ..Hemingway..

7:53RS6,

The only reason I brought up the rolling start thing was because KK265 used figures to state this race was not in keeping with what was found in these figures. I was explaining that a rolling start will take away any on the RS4's advantage with it being awd.

That's all.

I under the reason why they do a rolling start at the airfield, but I was just saying that rolling start takes away awd car's advantage and puts it in the hands on rwd cars and especially ones with SMG and E-Gear system which change gear a lot quicker.

I am not doubting the CSL would be a little quicker, I was just surprised by the amount it won by.:eye: As anyone who has seen the Best Motoring video in which an M3 CSL vs M5 vs Gallardo vs NSX-R and the GTR. The M5 walks the CSL by an even bigger margin than the video on this site with the white RS4 and the Hartge M5.

7:53RS6, you have a CSL do you think your CSL if standard would walk away from a RS4 in the same manner.