Thread: Spec'ing RS4 Avant

Spec'ing RS4 Avant

Hi all, some time since I last posted here,
    anyways; I'm sitting here thinking of the black optics option on the RS4 b7 Avant, and could use your advice.

I've decided on Daytona Gray with the dark-tooned windows option. (Have a silvergray A4 sportquattro today with that option and it looks great)

How would Black optics look together with this paint and that option you think?
    Maybe have pictures on a Sedan or something?
    Titanium-optics on the rims?

Straighten me out!

Alex

For me, Daytona grey is only colour that looks fantastic both ways...

Personaly, I would go for black optics, titanium wheels, SS+, Sport Recaro... Ups I'we gone to far, you asked just for colour combo...

All best, Enjoy in your ''sweet wories''

Thanks for your advise Allthough Im not gonna choose sport chassi +, since it makes it to unconfie for me on the longer trips, and Im gonna go for the recaro sport seats.. Im just a little worried that it could look too tacky without any "bling" at all (Ti/B.O.(black optics not bang & olufsen ).
    Hopefully I will find som pix on the web to help me figure this out

As I said, Daytona alows you to ''play'' with combination, if you want your car to stand out litle more, go for alu-look, but belive me, RS 4 is standing out allways, it just has that, allow me to say, ''super-car presence''.

Wehn SS+ is in question, don't be so sure that you would be un=confie with it.

Many guys here have SS+, and you can discus with them about that.

With SS+, your car is going to look much better, and after all you can get maximum handling performance out of you RS 4.

Also, wehn time comes, and your car has to go, it's allways easyer to sell car with as much as possible features.

Hi there Alex,

I´m also from Stockholm and waiting for my Phantom Black Avant that should arrive week 9 or 10.

Thought a lot about the black optics kit but made my choice after seeing some cars with it, the B7 looks almost like the older model because the single frame-look disapears if you go phantom black with black optics. But with grey i dont know....

SS+ is a simple choice, buckets aswell. Yes, Yes! A friend ordered a car at the same time as me but choose not to take the SS+, think he is going to regret that!

Thanks guys for your opinions!

Now it's even harder to decide though

Ricoloco, congrats on your order I choose between that black paint and the daytona. The black RS4 Avant at Audi Östermalm is stunningly hot.

Me and the family travel alot to Åre in the winter time on really bad roads, and up there there is many obsticals on the way to the house. So the height of the car is one factor, the other is that we will make a few trips to Monaco and southern france with the car etc more than using it on the track.

This car will basically be much more of a everydaydriver then a trackcar

Allthough I like to think that the standard chassi isn't that bad on the mountain roads down there either?

I have been told that supersprint together with mtm is manyfactoring a sport exhaust system for the rs4, promised to deliver 30+ hp. Any1 heard something about that?

Cheers

Alex

Hello Alex,

most of the RS4 are sold without the Black Optic Package. To me, it is a must on this color.

Here you go...

Qisha
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rs4_daytona_1.jpg 
Views:	428 
Size:	117.6 KB 
ID:	4593   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rs4_daytona_2.jpg 
Views:	455 
Size:	160.5 KB 
ID:	4594   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rs4_daytona_3.jpg 
Views:	443 
Size:	118.8 KB 
ID:	4595  

Thanks a lot Qisha! is it yours?

That car att Audi Östermalm looks great, same spec as mine except that mine has got a black roof inside.

It is only 10mm that differs the SS+ compare to the stock one. Have you testdrived a car yet with SS+? Ofcourse the stock suspention is great but there is quite a difference btw the both suspentions, you can use the search function on this site to read more about the subject. Better handling and feel. The choice of suspention was my big doubt but I finally choose to go "hardcore" because thats what the car is all about. I´ve heard from a big dealer in Stockholm that about 60% of all RS4 sold in Sweden has SS+. However, just make a choice so you can join all the other happy owners...

Hi again,

Yes, testdrove a sedan with ss+, but that was a year ago, ultimate would have been to test both versions at the "same" time. Will se what audi can do. I have decided not to choose black optics though, so it's just the chassi left to consider
    Will I "see" you on the R8 reveiling hosted by audi and Conneuisuer tomorrow?

All the best

Alex

So, your in my position that I was in for 4 months ago...

Recommend you to read this thread:

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread....3&highlight=ss

Dont know if I have the time really for the R8 party, got lots of things to do, buzy week and all.

Thanks, aahh this is a tough call. Will get back yo you when I've reached my final decision.

Sounds great. Actually, its the toughest choice when ordering an Audi RS4...It took me three weeks and a lot of sleepless nights before I made my choice.

But, there is always the possibility to change the suspention aftermarket but from what I´ve been told its a lot more expensive to change from stock to SS+ than the other way around.

Remember, the SS+ is not THAT stiff, its just sporty and lets you feel the road much better. The pot holes feels just as bad with stock suspention and the extra 10mm in height you dont really need up north.

It looks much better with the SS+.

Just one more thing!

Be careful with ordering sunroof. If you are over 185cm and choose the buckets you can get problems fitting in. Im 192cm and my head almost touches the roof with buckets and sunroof.

The roof gets 4cm lower with sunroof so there is no possibility for me to use helmet in combination with sunroof.

And skip the bluetooth phone...better aftermarket solutions.

Are you going to order winter wheels from Audi aswell?

Im 1,90m and my brother is 1,94m, so sunroof is not an option we have it in the A4 and only got 1cm to the roof instead of 5. Not sure on bluetooth, seems practical, and Im not the "aftermarket" kind of guy But, Navi plus and the biggest bose package is a must though, hoping it to work to put my phones 1gb memory card with music to plug in and play

about winter wheels, yes probobly from audi, should get a nice price from them.

SS+ is a must! I drive 5000km per month on POLISH roads (read: lost of potholes and very uneven) and the sports suspension is super. Seriously! And it looks better for free.

Black optics - a no brainer. Get it of course

Navi + Bose are great.

Get the regular silver wheels - don't like titanium personally. Either silver or black for me.

Hmm - the bucket seats are super comfie if your ass isn't too big.

If you carry a lot of cargo in the rear and fold down the rear seats get the cheapo option "wendematte" (in german). Its a folding carpet-type-thingy that protects the cargo space from damage and it has a cool bumper protection thingy when you load the car. Love it.

Can't think of anything critical apart from the above.

Oh - ceramics if you have the $$$ for them.
    2007 RS4 Avant | Misano | Black Optics | SS+
    2001 S3 | Ebony