Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: desperalty waiting for my RS4

desperalty waiting for my RS4

I have place my order for my RS4 4 months ago and I cant bear the wait.
    Reading all the articals on this forum just makes my heart grow even more eager,,,,,,, what can I do to make time go quicker ???,, I cant fall to sleep at night and then when I get to sleep I have dreams of the RS4
    IT should be here in 4 weeks ( damm, wanted it for christmas ), specs will be , sprint blue, sat nav, sunroof etc etc
    what did you guys all do while waiting for your cars,, is there such a long wait in Europe and USA as well ?

Read every article under the sun and saved every RS4 jpeg in existence! 6 Month wait (car is at the dealer now) here in Cape Town, South Africa. Apparently there are only 7 or so in this city today.

Mines just come off the production line and is ready to be shipped to the UK!

...but i'm waiting til March 1st for the new registration change to pick it up...63 Days to go! It's gonna take some serious self-control...but it will defo be worth the wait. In the mean time I keep going to my dealers to take yet-another test drive. I can't help it...i need my fix!

Taz
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    B7 Audi RS4 Avant - Phantom Black
    B6 Audi A4 3.0 Sport Quattro Convertible - Volcano Black
    B5 Audi A4 1.9 TDI SE Saloon - Hibiscus Red
    Seat Leon 1.6 SE - Bilberry Red
    Porsche 996 Carrera - Arctic Silver

Normally I get sick of waiting and buy something else !

Quote Originally Posted by tazsura View Post
    Mines just come off the production line and is ready to be shipped to the UK!

...but i'm waiting til March 1st for the new registration change to pick it up...63 Days to go! It's gonna take some serious self-control...but it will defo be worth the wait. In the mean time I keep going to my dealers to take yet-another test drive. I can't help it...i need my fix!

Taz
    Sorry, but what´s happening March 1st?

Ricoloco,

There are two registration changes in the UK during the year. One on March 1st and the second on September 1st. So rather than registering a new car in say Jan or Feb and get a 56'reg plate car...i will register it in March and get an 07'reg plate on the car...thus making for better residuals. i.e I will have an 07 model rather than an 06.

Hope this clarifies it!

Taz

Ok, I see.

Well, I´m in the same position, got two more months before my phantom black avant arrives.

Getting more and more sleeping problems, lost some weight and having problems concentrating on stuff. The deamons are eating me. Still no medication by the way but Jack and coke works fine.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Ricoloco View Post
    Ok, I see.

Well, I´m in the same position, got two more months before my phantom black avant arrives.

Getting more and more sleeping problems, lost some weight and having problems concentrating on stuff. The deamons are eating me. Still no medication by the way but Jack and coke works fine.

Cheers!
    Jack and coke is a good plan!

I'm spending more and more time with my girl, cos i know as soon as the car lands...she won't be seeing me for weeks and weeks!

BTW I have to say you have fantastic taste.....i'm waiting for a phantom black avant too!

Quote Originally Posted by wild-rs4-man View Post
    is there such a long wait in Europe and USA as well ?
    I placed my order during the last week of november, and my car is estimated to hit US shores on January 13th.

I have been dealing with my wait by becoming very good friends with my sale associate and calling once a week to see if there is any updates in the production process. When i am not bothering him, i wacth countless Youtube videos, read more auto articles than i ever have before, and chat with you fine people (needless to say, my productivity at work has suffered). As much as i enjoy the forum now, i assume it will only get better once i can join the conversations re: driving experience... So close, and yet so far...
    Phantom Black/ Black/ Black Optics/ V1/ M40 Blinders

Man, you gentlemen are so pathetic! Be a man and be tough! Hehe, I shouldn't talk. Mine won't arrive til late Jan or early Feb. Yes, I have read every articles about the RS4 under the sun and can't find any more new video clips. Reading the posts here is helping to ease the agony.

So Gentlemen, Happy waiting and Happy New year to you all. What a good 2007 it will be to drive a new RS4.

boat list

today i got news that my sprint blue RS4 has landed in the country,,,,, another 2 weeks or so and i will be running the baby in !!!!!

today i got news that my sprint blue RS4 has landed in the country,,,,, another 2 weeks or so and i will be running the baby in !!!!!
    Man, I envy you so much! I bet the next 2 weeks for you will be like 2 centuries...start counting the minutes!!! LOL. Show us some photos when you pick up the new baby. Enjoy.

@OzRS4

you mention yours will be here early Feb,,,, any more news on that

same here brotha.... my white Rs4 is going to be here on the 5th of March. Just a bit longer.

A lot of guys waiting... hang on, it seems like it's worth it dubbel time!

And ofcourse... pics when it arrives is a must!

you mention yours will be here early Feb,,,, any more news on that
    No news yet! I will call the dealer today if I can...but you know what it's like talking to these sale reps!

I'm w/ u bbigman2000,I'd never wait,not even a week.If the car is not in the dealership I am not interested.I have missed out on allot of cars over the years because of my lack of patience but at least I don't get screwed around by dealers.SOMETIMES,if u wait about a year/so after a new model is released & all the hype dies down,there will b a few waiting 4 u in the dealership.I did that w/ my E46 M3.

i must say my sales rep is excellent, he always calls me to let me know the status of what is going on, I even had a change in spec after 3 months of ordering and he emailed the production plant and changed it for me, I must say that I get treated like a King ,,,, MAYBE WE CAN SEND SOME OF OUR REPS TO AUSTRALIA