Thread: Help us specify the ultimate Audi R8!

Mech Help us specify the ultimate Audi R8!

A friend of mine is in need of help to specify his upcoming order of an Audi R8.

You have seen a few of his cars before here on RS6.com, with very nice exclusive options from quattro GmbH.

All inputs are welcome and pictures welcome for inspiration.

Thanks!
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

is there anywhere an option list can be found? kinda hard to specify a car without the option list...

Carbon ceramics are a must, seems none of the Audi guys are opting for this.

Keep everything else toned down colour wise.

Speaking to a 996 Gt2 owner who has ceramic discs on his car, he said after experiencing both steel and ceramic options, the latter only work best under maximum brake pressure. In other words, if you are going to do track days and brake late and hard, go ceramic, otherwise I'm sure the regulars will be OK. Do the Audi ones squeal at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Cale24 View Post
    Speaking to a 996 Gt2 owner who has ceramic discs on his car, he said after experiencing both steel and ceramic options, the latter only work best under maximum brake pressure. In other words, if you are going to do track days and brake late and hard, go ceramic, otherwise I'm sure the regulars will be OK. Do the Audi ones squeal at all?
    More responsive steering feel, longivity and bragging rights are the other reasons to go for ceramic brakes.

Have not heard any first hand experience about the Audi ceramics in real world conditions.

There is possibly many here who would disagree but on all the track days and Manufacturer days I have been on, smoothness is the key to quick laps, ie. heavy and late braking especially entering a corner unbalances the car and ultimately slows the car down. Agreed it's a great option to tick if you have money to burn, but unless the track you are on is really hard on brakes the standard ones will last a good ten or so laps at a time before you will have to let them cold down.

Options that need to be ticked are as followed.

Magnetic Ride Suspension - Better compromise for track and road use.
    Light Metallic Paint - Will show off the shape better.
    B & O speaker system - After listening to that engine only the best sound system will be good enough.
    LED Lights - Keeps the car as close to the concept as possible.
    LED Lights in engine bay - Something for the competition to look at when you have over taken them.
    And if you are still flush after all this than go for the Ceramic Brakes. Oh and also pick the right interior colour, get it wrong and you will watch your investment go down the pan.
    Search and you will find the truth.

CF trim the engine please.......

otherwise its like having a really hot 21 yr old chick walking out of the bathroom with some cheap, faded lingerie.... gotta wear the best
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

A custom Dark colour on the outside with the brown TT leather on the inside and the rest like leadfoot

Second the LED headlights. The R8 will be the first car in the world with ALL LED lighting (low beams, high beams, daytime running lights, turn signals, brakes)

sorry chewy. the lexus LS is first with 100% front LEDs as an option. don't worry. it pissed me off when i found that out......
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Quote Originally Posted by RXBG View Post
    sorry chewy. the lexus LS is first with 100% front LEDs as an option. don't worry. it pissed me off when i found that out......
    I am not sure, that is the LS600h and from what I read that one only has low beam LED and not high beam like the R8. But I can't guarantee and the R8 LED head lights look much cooler anyways.

Order also the RS Recaro's (Quattro GmbH) and not the standard TT ones.
    Further, let me see i have the brochure in front of me.
    Sorry to much options.

Hans.

Why R8, buy my RS6 with MTM Tuning => 550 PS - 330 km

Wolfi,

For starters, the person who will be buying the R8 is doing it for three reasons.
    1: He/She doesn't need four doors and a big boot.
    2: He/She wants something that entertains not only on the road but also the track.
    3: He/She wants something that stands out from the crowd that is not to in your face like a Ferrari/Lamborghini etc.

If I had the money and didn't need the space I would be the first to be knocking on the dealer's door for a R8. Top speed and acceleration isn't everything, because if it was everyone who could afford it would be driving the quickest model from their favourite brands and we all know that isn't the case. This is not knocking the new RS6 when it comes, it just to some the slower RS4 will suit their needs better and like wise the R8.
    Search and you will find the truth.