Thread: New RUF RT12 (997)

New RUF RT12 (997)

Offered in 3 versions:
    530 hp / 750nm
    560 hp / 790nm
    650 hp / 870nm

I believe the one in Essen Show is 560 hp version w/ topspeed of 350 and 0-60 in 3.7sec

Last edited by quattro; November 28th, 2004 at 14:10.
    Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Another 997 with 20" (Techart)

Nice paintjob Note the two-tone mirrors.

Last edited by quattro; November 28th, 2004 at 14:15.
    Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Like the rear flared fenders. Has a good look. Quoted power figures should be adequate

I really like the new(old) body style
    Bauer

07 A4 2.0T quattro STaSIS Challenge Package
    03 RS6 She will be missed
    01 S8
    01 S4 Stage 3 with KO4 turbos, RS4 intercoolers, Revolver cams, STaSIS close ratio gearbox, STaSIS rear LSD, STaSIS 4:1 center diff, STaSIS Motorsports, STaSIS front and rear race control arms, STaSIS motor mounts, Alcon 6 piston, Clutch Master stage 4 6 puck clutch, AWE fueling kit, RS4 bumperRecaro's.... etc, etc, etc

Love it!

Talking From the Essen Show - Ruf RT12 Pictures

"Rear tyres are 345/25 on 20inch rims. Brakes are 380mm 8pot front and rear! Price starts at 195,000 euros plus taxes, for the 560bhp engine, they haven't finalised other prices, such as the 650bhp 3.8litre option............."

What can I say?
    Alois Ruf...the man's a genius!!
    Regards /Pär

I like the quantity of leather they use on their interiors. Why can't quattro GmbH put leather over the horn section of the steering wheel like that in their custom prgram? They go to the trouble of offering the steering wheel in Alcantara yet they leave the horn section in factory plastic?!? Looks half arsed compared to the RUF way of doing things IMHO.

Ben

Also like the manequin in the background with the look a like Star Trek outfit

Originally posted by Benman
    I like the quantity of leather they use on their interiors. Why can't quattro GmbH put leather over the horn section of the steering wheel like that in their custom prgram? They go to the trouble of offering the steering wheel in Alcantara yet they leave the horn section in factory plastic?!? Looks half arsed compared to the RUF way of doing things IMHO.

Ben

Also like the manequin in the background with the look a like Star Trek outfit
    Because it costs EUR 30,000 to test each different coloured leather they use. Atl east that is the excuse. I told them to test using ISO standard leathers, so they would only have to 1 or 2 at the most but this was a 'notinventedhere' solution, so too hard. In the mean time take your cars to TechArt or Ruf to get all the extra trimming. It will save you money too, my all leather roof from quattro GmbH cost over USD 6,000; from anybody else, including Porsche it would be USD 3000, I asked why and was told 'we price for the Gulf market'.
    It is infuriating to spend over EUR20,000 on a special interior and still have to take the car to a coachbuilder to have the extra work done.
    R+C

Originally posted by Nordschleife
    my all leather roof from quattro GmbH cost over USD 6,000; from anybody else, including Porsche it would be USD 3000, I asked why and was told 'we price for the Gulf market'.
    It is infuriating to spend over EUR20,000 on a special interior and still have to take the car to a coachbuilder to have the extra work done.
    R+C
    Pricey to say the least!

Originally posted by Erik

http://www.iupload.net/102004/RSi01.jpg

Last edited by Inline Six; December 21st, 2004 at 04:31.
    Currently: 98 M3 sedan 5-spd
    Previously: 01 TT 225 QC 6-spd
    01 Saab Viggen coupe

Originally posted by Inline Six
    http://www.iupload.net/102004/RSi01.jpg

You have a point...

Man.. I just love Ruf and Tech Art Porsches. They are just so damn cool
    And they're not slow either