Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EBC redstuff pads do not fit 2003 RS6

EBC redstuff pads do not fit 2003 RS6

I bought EBC redstuff pads and brought my RS6 to the local Audi dealer to install along with new rotors. I just got a call from the service coordinator telling me the pads do not fit. The tech said the notch did not fit the pin it hooks up to (I don't know which of the 8 pads have this problem). So I was forced to go with the OEM Audi pads. Anyone else try EBC??

I think a number of guys use yellow stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I bought EBC redstuff pads and brought my RS6 to the local Audi dealer to install along with new rotors. I just got a call from the service coordinator telling me the pads do not fit. The tech said the notch did not fit the pin it hooks up to (I don't know which of the 8 pads have this problem). So I was forced to go with the OEM Audi pads. Anyone else try EBC??
    they dooooooo fit but they need very minor modification you have to slightly dremel out where they sit on the pins in the caliper I have had 2 sets of them and had to modify both but it was no big deal at all. The reason that happens is because they make the pads first then coat them with the paint so there is excess build up that must be ground down to the metal.

Cheers, Drew

Sorry you paid for the stockers
    ***Big Drew***

Re:Vision Auto Salon
    Revisionauto.com
    801 E. Gude Dr
    Rockville MD 20850

Remember to pray to the car gods daily

Just as Boosted Bora said, the notches in the back just need a touch of filing to get them to fit. I don't know how EBC got it wrong. It's easy to do with a standard metal file and the pads are great. NO SQEALING and a little less dusting than stock at 1/2 the price. There definitley for the RS6. When you order the fronts you get 8 pads.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

All you need to do is file out the paint in the cut out. TBH The red stuff are sh%t ,Mine lasted 3000 miles !!!!!!!!
    I've had yellow fitted for a while with c6 rs6 rotors & phaeton ducts that are much better.
    www.Unit 20.org
    martin@unit20.org
    Home of all things for the RS6 .....

Thanks for the quick reply...I should have asked before I sent it to the delaer, now I'm stuck with OEM pads

I remember the good old days when I had time to do this stuff myself.

can someone please get em the parts numbers for the yellow stuff as I dont have them and can only find the numbers for the rears
    ***Big Drew***

Re:Vision Auto Salon
    Revisionauto.com
    801 E. Gude Dr
    Rockville MD 20850

Remember to pray to the car gods daily

http://performance.thepartsbin.com/b...=708&year=2003

rear: Part #DP41470R

front:
    Part #DP41513R

Quote Originally Posted by DuckWingDuck View Post
    http://performance.thepartsbin.com/b...=708&year=2003

rear: Part #DP41470R

front:
    Part #DP41513R
    I got mine at perfectbrakes.com...used to be the same price at $130 but Ducks site is cheaper at the moment. The yellows work great, buying my 4th set soon.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

Thanks, but the OEM pads are on. Do you really think the yellow stuff are appropriate for someone who never tracks the car?

Sell me your Reds?

Thanks, but the OEM pads are on. Do you really think the yellow stuff are appropriate for someone who never tracks the car?

I've the same question,, I just replaced my pads with OEM and also orderd the yellow stuff, I want the best performance in the street although I won't go for track days.
    "Aerodynamics are for people who cannot build engines"...... Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by vangelis View Post
    I've the same question,, I just replaced my pads with OEM and also orderd the yellow stuff, I want the best performance in the street although I won't go for track days.
    I had yellows for the track but twice just left them on as braking was essentially the same as stock pads, i.e. did not feel any more harsh that i was worried about eating up the rotors (as they get used up so quick regardless it seems to me), and they certainly were waaaayyyy way less noisy...fighting my OEM pads now as well into their life my car sounded like a bus today in colder weather... anyway i would have no issue using the yellows daily. The price point is irresistible when OEMs are 2 1/2 times more.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

I also want to have the best performance for the street, but no noises and so on. Are the reds / yellow best when they reach a certain level of degrees (like ceramics)? What is the best choice for the street?

/Claus
    2003 RS6 saloon +++
    2006 A3 Sportback 3,2 Q DSG (build for motorsport - 8.32 Bridge to Gantry)
    1999 S4 Avant (for sale)
    2004 Seat Altea 2,0 TDI (give me just one chance to do some econ here)

According to perfectbrakes.com, red stuff is "lowest dust formula for this vehicle range".

Anybody know the part numbers of the rotors? Also, should I bother with slotted rotors or just go with regular EBC rotors?

hmm, perfectbrakes is telling me that ebc doesn't make rotors for the rs6?? What rotors do folks use out there?

Factory rotors.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

so factory rotors with ebc pads. Anybody got the part numbers so I can go search for them bad boys?