Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Warranty Issues

Quote Originally Posted by JCT2033 View Post
    /
    That's strange. I got the full DRC replaced twice using Audi CPO. I paid $50 deductible each time.
    Yes, I have replaced 3 shocks using Audi CPO too. I paid nothing!!
    "Aerodynamics are for people who cannot build engines"...... Enzo Ferrari

When was it that you had them replaced? As of this past summer Audi started saying no but not all dealers knew that. So some dealers ate it for work they had done but were still submitting it. Mine agreed to fix mine as 'goodwill' for being a long term customer but it was clear it was not going to be covered in the future as AoA stopped saying yes. I compiled a list of dealers from people who did have it done (when i was catching flak from mine) and in further discussion with the RS6 owners and a couple of the dealers that did fix it...it also was for goodwill and the dealer was not reimbursed by AoA. My service adviser confirmed that with two of the dealers that he contacted when i passed on my list and he wanted to get it covered as well as he was going to eat mine. I would be curios to be PM'd the dealers that did do the fix under CPO.

But seriously for others where the DRC did not originally go under your original 50K warranty (so they are really replacing/still fixing it under 12 month part warranty over and over again) do not expect the shocks to be covered, you need to ask before they do any work.

This is Audi of America so no idea in other countries.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

Where is Mr Excellente to chime in and update the thread he started??

:eye:

Mech

Sorry for the delay guys, the notifications weren't coming in, so I had NO clue the post was so well replied to. So thanks for that, and for all the information.

I don't actually have any updates since the post.
    They said they'd call yesterday, but didn't.
    I called and left a message and still no response roughly 24 hours later.

At this point, those are reasons enough to NEVER use this dealership again.

It's Fletcher Jones Audi, downtown Chicago.

I bought the car out in Schaumburg and am going to contact them once I get the car back from the transmission work ... which was covered (some asked how much it cost, I can post once I get the invoice of how much it WOULD have been, if you'd like).
    I'm going to take the information given above and follow up w/ the Schaumburg Audi dealership.
    I am absolutely not willing to ever talk to Fletcher Jones again.
    Ever.

A random anecdote that you might find funny is the loaner car situation.
    Or maybe it will just piss you off more, if you're already so invested in this with me (thanks, haha).

I get in the car, it's got a pretty badly cracked windshield and a cracked NAV screen. Ok, whatever, I'm not that hard to please.
    A few days later, they call me and say I need to bring it back for another one. They knew about the cracks and want to replace that for me.
    I'm swamped at the office, can't do it.
    Everyday for the next few days, I get 2-3 messages, increasingly frantic, "We need that car back!"
    Turns out ... it wasn't even registered to them anymore.
    While the IL plates were valid through 5/09, some sort of situation w/ their loaners makes them not theirs after a period of time. Not exactly sure what that means, many of you may have a better handle on it. But basically, I was driving a car that I could have gotten arrested driving had I been stopped for any other reason. And they basically even left this on my voicemail.

Yet ANOTHER reason I'll never use them again.

When I read all of the problems with this car, so many of you have gone through, especially when we're talking DRC. I really do wonder why I should even keep fighting to keep it. It's clearly >< that close to being a lemon. My car has just over 40k miles. I drove it only 4k last year. Kept as pristine as possible. And I'm dealing with a failed transmission and suspension? That should never happen to an $80k+ vehicle.

So ...

People were looking for more information from me, but no one has asked anything specific.

Fire away?
    I'll be sure to just check the website often, I'm not going to rely on any notification system or whatever.

Well no wonder why...f%ck...as a fellow Chicago resident you could not have taken your car to a bigger bunch of idiots. They suck period. I have a dozen stories of past experiences, all terrible. They damaged a previous car of mine to the point of needing the bumper repainted...twice! A third time they left the top down on my old cabriolet while duct repair work was going on in the building overhead and my entire interior was filled with metal shavings. Replaced things that were not the actual problem over and over, a few i was charged for and had to be refunded...blah, blah blah.

Its a hike but worth it to get the car fixed right. I would recommend Continental in Naperville first, and your loaner will be much better...all new A4s, A6s, A8s, Q7s, a TT...I am at the point that when i call i ask them to hold the loaner i want...and they have taken apart plenty of RS6s... I live downtown and drive it out but they told me a few weeks ago they will come and pick it up too (no idea on details of that service).

Second would be McGrath as thats where a ton of them were sold from in the first place including mine, and i've had mine worked on successfully there. Schaumburg did the work on my old TT and did a good job but i have no idea on their RS6 experience.

If it makes you feel better 3 1/2 years ago I bought my RS6 CPO'd with 25K miles on it. It had problems out of the box that i didn't have the car but for two weeks of the first 4 months i owned it. Pissed. (A CPO'd car that was immediately having huge issues...). The day i bought it i had a boost problem on the way home...WTF...Certified my arse...My torque converter went, i had severe boost problems or lack there of that took awhile and two dealers to figure out, then my transmission at 30K with another torque converter and a few other things. I got two new turbos as one of them had an issue (stud wouldn't come out) when dropping the engine. I needed two HVAC control units during the same period as my AC only worked for an hour then blew hot air (i'm on unit #5 now though). Made long commutes hell to meetings.

Your car isn't a lemon, its normal. Mine has been fine since the transmission was replaced (now at 66K) and my DRC held on until about 55K. Fixed and still ok 9 months later. So the first 6 months of ownership i had the same opinion of my lovely $72K I paid used lemon that i was paying huge payments just to drive a 3.2 A6 loaner for 4 months. With no compensation as i guess i didn't bitch enough to have extra warranty added on like others did or even not have to pay the payments.

Try a different service department...again i recommend Continental.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible

Ok, good we are getting some additional information here. Thats the benefit of this forum....the others experiences. "Someone has been down the road you are going with your RS6. Trust me"

Now excellente has a couple of options to get his DRC fixed by a better dealer.

The only problem is that this first dealer screwed the pooch when they botched the repair under the factory warranty. I dont know if you will be able to convince another dealer to cover this.

mmaturo - at least you had an a6 loaner Haha, just kidding. The RS6 is a finicky car, that's just a fact of life, it's like Ferarris are known for being touchy and old school Lambos were basically big metal boxes for you to look at. Relatively speaking, this is still a good car. I don't remember if it was someone here on the boards who said it, but, when you're on the internet, you're naturally going to see the worst because who's going to come on the boards to talk about how great his saturday afternoon drive was? He's probably still out there driving!

The Audi Exchange in Highland Park, IL is where I got my RS6. Their Sales Service was top-notch. And when people here in Utah saw the licence frame, I got compliments!
    If you never exceed the limits, how do you know where they are?

Got the car back on Weds.
    Didn't provide me w/ a detailed run-down of the transmission service details.
    Wouldn't provide me w/ a written estimate on the suspension work they quoted either.

Does seems to transfer a little more power than before.
    Still tricky on the shift selection, I think we've all resolved ourselves to that.
    However, not willing to really get on her until a proper break-in has occured.

For curiosities sake, does anyone have the relevent Bilstein part numbers handy, to see what I'm looking at if nothing out there tickles my fancy??
    I'm a bit confused by the -H1 and -H2 stuff, plus if they are for all 4 struts, or just the front 2 ...

Any of that info would be much appreciated, though I may be in a new 335xi Coupe before the night is up.

Regardless ... time to go shopping. Probably hit a dealership or two tonight.

*seethe*

Cheers!

Finally ,, they replaced the DRC again for the 3rd time without any cost as they told me we give 2 years warranty on any job done (part replaced) at the dealer workshop
    "Aerodynamics are for people who cannot build engines"...... Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Print this and take it into the "Service monkey".

http://www.titsup-racing.com/RS6_Training_Manual.pdf
    A little off topic, but it seems like those tits-guys having fun with 3 well-tuned B5 S4's: http://titsup-racing.com/video/s4/?M=D
    2003 RS6 saloon +++
    2006 A3 Sportback 3,2 Q DSG (build for motorsport - 8.32 Bridge to Gantry)
    1999 S4 Avant (for sale)
    2004 Seat Altea 2,0 TDI (give me just one chance to do some econ here)

I had slight leaks to both rear shocks - the Dealer changed both Accumulators and all four shocks - they said it was the only way to do it, if one shock goes, you have to change the two shocks and the accumulator on that line. The work was carried out under the UK warranty.

Barry - Daytona Avant

Everyone,

Just a quick update here. Audi has lost another owner. Excellente is looking to sell his car. Surely, the great service and warranty coverage of the DRC had something to do with it.

Just had to put my .02c in for those that followed this thread and the other thread talking about customer relations/retention.

Quote Originally Posted by mmaturo View Post
    Again the full DRC is not covered by CPO...only the central valves, not the shocks. I went through this getting mine fixed under CPO.
    So CPO covered the CVs but you had to pay for the shocks? How much was that?

Them shits are not cheap. Gotta look at the paperwork to get the price.

I doubt anyone is still subscribed to this post, but I figure I'll post one last time, to close it out from my perspective.

I sold the RS6.

But I did buy a new '09 A3 2.0T Quattro, loaded.
    I guess Audi hasn't lost this customer quite yet.

SO it's a new chapter.
    Yes, I miss the power (maybe there is some tuning in it's future) ...
    No, I don't miss much else.

Oh, and I do still have an new pair of EBC Red Stuff front brake pads for the RS6 laying around. They go for around $135 online, I'm willing to get rid of them for $100. Let me know through a private message if you're interested.

Regards to all, thanks for the perspective and hard-earned experience.
    Last edited by excellente; January 7th, 2009 at 00:48.

E,

Good luck with the A3! Sorry to see you leave the RS world.

Everyone-another one bites the dust and poor Audi service and repeated DRC issues have done in another RS owner. Will it ever end??

Quote Originally Posted by excellente View Post
    I doubt anyone is still subscribed to this post, but I figure I'll post one last time, to close it out from my perspective.

I sold the RS6.

But I did buy a new '09 A3 2.0T Quattro, loaded.
    I guess Audi hasn't lost this customer quite yet.

SO it's a new chapter.
    Yes, I miss the power (maybe there is some tuning in it's future) ...
    No, I don't miss much else.

Oh, and I do still have an new pair of EBC Red Stuff front brake pads for the RS6 laying around. They go for around $135 online, I'm willing to get rid of them for $100. Let me know through a private message if you're interested.

Regards to all, thanks for the perspective and hard-earned experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow RS6 View Post
    So CPO covered the CVs but you had to pay for the shocks? How much was that?
    I got it done through 'goodwill' however it would have been $2400.