Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pics: New RS6 Avant!

Exclamation Pics: New RS6 Avant!

From worldcarfans.com

"Audi RS6 Avant First Spy Photos

Here are our latest shots of the Audi RS6 Avant, destined to be one of the world’s baddest grocery-getters. The RS6 Avant adopts the visual cues seen on the RS6 sedan prototypes spotted earlier, which means a cleaner and meaner front fascia with revised intakes to feed air to the engine and brakes, and the removal of the [/IMG]S6’s LED light strips. The rear bumper has been reworked significantly. Large single exhaust pipes replace the S6’s dual-tip design, and an aggressive rear diffuser dominates the rear bumper.

Visual upgrades aside, the real story is in the RS6’s performance potential. Sources predict the addition of a turbocharger to the S6’s 5.2-liter V10 engine, which should generate something between 550 and 600 horsepower. Sources had been predicting a Frankfurt Motor Show debut this Fall, for the sedan. So if that holds true, it would seem sensible that this Avant would take its bow at the same time."

Why can't the Frankfurt show come faster!

Ahhhhhhh!
    Right you are...
    Frankfurt show starts at 13/09/07

Hope that RS6 will appear in the market faster than A5/S5 after Geneve...

looks like the blistered, squared off arches have made it...
    dave
    '03 rs6
    '04 allroad tdi

Does anybody notice the strips of black plastic tape along the bottom of the headlights ? My bet these strips are hiding a row of LED's!!! The RS6 saloon is brutal, but this is the real mean machine.
    By the way nice paint job !

Oh and notice the roll cage fitted as well ! I bet this is needed around the Nurburgring. I cant wait for this car
    to hit our shores and see the reviews it creates.

Quote Originally Posted by +44 Dave View Post
    Does anybody notice the strips of black plastic tape along the bottom of the headlights ? My bet these strips are hiding a row of LED's!!! The RS6 saloon is brutal, but this is the real mean machine.
    By the way nice paint job !
    I where you got that idea.

Guys, it will look great regardless of what our predictions are. The real question is .......... will it look as good as the present RS4.

Now that's the REAL question.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    I where you got that idea.

Guys, it will look great regardless of what our predictions are. The real question is .......... will it look as good as the present RS4.

Now that's the REAL question.
    Just a guess... But i'd love it to be true. After all the S6 had LED's, so does the R8, A5/S5 and upcoming Q7 V12, all of these cars are flagship and there isnt much more flagship for Audi than the RS6.

I love driving the C6 S6 with the LED's because people pull to the inside lane when they see you coming thinking your the police. And what would compliment this better than the RS6's huge tail pipes in their face as you gun it away ?

Anyway i do agree though, the RS6 will be great either way and these pictures compliment that. Not long to wait now though ! About a month today

Can't wait to see the production C6 RS6 next month at the Frankfurt Motorshow.

Quote Originally Posted by +44 Dave View Post
    Just a guess... But i'd love it to be true. After all the S6 had LED's, so does the R8, A5/S5 and upcoming Q7 V12, all of these cars are flagship and there isnt much more flagship for Audi than the RS6.

I love driving the C6 S6 with the LED's because people pull to the inside lane when they see you coming thinking your the police. And what would compliment this better than the RS6's huge tail pipes in their face as you gun it away ?

Anyway i do agree though, the RS6 will be great either way and these pictures compliment that. Not long to wait now though ! About a month today
    http://www.rs6.com/forum/showpost.ph...67&postcount=1

It's nice having mates in high places.

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showpost.ph...67&postcount=1

It's nice having mates in high places.
    And we thank you for that!

Nice pics...however hearing horrendous pricing expectations!!! Some say the new RS6 Avant will cost around £70 to £75K in the UK????

To the best of my knowledge the wheel arches are very similar to that of the RS4. I might not look as beefy because of the extra size of the car, but it will look way better than either the M5 or E63amg.

It will not only be top dog in the performance stake but it will be the one to have when cruising.

To the best of my knowledge the wheel arches are very similar to that of the RS4. I might not look as beefy because of the extra size of the car, but it will look way better than either the M5 or E63amg.

It will not only be top dog in the performance stake but it will be the one to have when cruising.

Do you think Audi will limit the numbers of the C6 models persay??

Quote Originally Posted by MugelloRS6 View Post
    Nice pics...however hearing horrendous pricing expectations!!! Some say the new RS6 Avant will cost around £70 to £75K in the UK????
    Oh without a doubt it will be at least £70K and judging by what the performance it will be able to achieve , it's price will be a lot closer to the E63 than the M5 if not higher but I doubt it.

This will be a very impressive car is every single way.

I reckon the price of the thing will limit it in any case.

P.S.

I will have to ask if you can order it with S-Line badges instead of the normal RS ones, that would confuse some AMG and M owners, no end.