Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New rs6. Real pics taken in Spain

New rs6. Real pics taken in Spain

Look at this photos taken in a spring factory in spain, where they supposely make them for some audis...
    Are they real?

OMG
    They could be...
    Look @ the steering wheel mommy

If they are it looks like its not going to be a manual gearbox
    " I Am A Driving God! "

I reckon this is quite possibly a near finished example, the rev counter showing the red line starting at 7,000rpm looks spot on. The fact that it is an automatic only means it isn't a manual, it doesn't mean that it isn't a DSG.

The fact that these are 20" wheels means it will be running a serious set of brakes.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Look very real to me, interior wise other than the wheel and pedal rest looks just like my S6.

Quote Originally Posted by reimon View Post
    Look at this photos taken in a spring factory in spain, where they supposely make them for some audis...
    Are they real?
    2007 Audi S6 Saloon
    2008 Audi RS6 Saloon (on order)

There's no way in hell they'll get that much torque through a fragile DSG box.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    I reckon this is quite possibly a near finished example, the rev counter showing the red line starting at 7,000rpm looks spot on. The fact that it is an automatic only means it isn't a manual, it doesn't mean that it isn't a DSG.

The fact that these are 20" wheels means it will be running a serious set of brakes.
    2007 Audi S6 Saloon

not so sure. the S6 redlines at about 6800 RPM and the tach is no different than the S6's based on pic comapros with those of the S6's on the german website. same goes for the speedometer.

the steering wheel is intriguing, as is the bodykit, exhaust, nav screen, and 20 rims. further, it has the bodytape on the quarters hiding the wider flares..........

since the car is going to be the V10 with turbos it may have kept the same redline. i would only have expected it to increase if the engine was a high rev version sans turbos.

i expect it will debut with the new A6 face and rear. can't wait to see this animal.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Quote Originally Posted by RXBG View Post
    since the car is going to be the V10 with turbos it may have kept the same redline. i would only have expected it to increase if the engine was a high rev version sans turbos.
    The norm is the revs drop slightly when you add turbos but like you rightly point out it is showing the same limit as the S6 which means it is indeed a high reving v10 engine.

The DSG is coming, my statement saying is might be a DSG box was a joke phil_s6, that is why I included the at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by phil_s6 View Post
    There's no way in hell they'll get that much torque through a fragile DSG box.
    You mean like the Veyrons' DSG?
    Mazda MX-5 (Miata NB)

Oh yeah, there's a cheap idea, lets take the 'more expensive than its weight in gold' gearbox from the Veyron and put it in the RS6.

" The DSG 'box in Bugatti's Veyron (a brand directly owned by Volkswagen), was apparently unable to handle the power at first (the Veyron's DSG 'box is reportedly quite exotic and very modified). "

" This caused issues: nothing that Audi had available could manage to harness the massive power output from the engine. Because of this, the team turned to British company Ricardo for help. The Ricardo team created a custom, 7 speed, dual clutch gearbox for the car, and helped Audi's engineers enhance the 4 wheel drive system and software to be able to reliably cope with the car's performance. "

Quote Originally Posted by PeterJohn View Post
    You mean like the Veyrons' DSG?
    UPDATE: Then again; http://www.autotrader.co.uk/EDITORIAL/CARS/news/34261.html
    (553 lb/ft and DSG)
    Last edited by phil_s6; May 23rd, 2007 at 18:12. Reason: There may well be a DSG box, although probably not on the RS6
    2007 Audi S6 Saloon

Since when is a 6800rpm limit a high rev engine? Rev limit does not equel piek Torque or horsepower.
    Mazda MX-5 (Miata NB)

Quote Originally Posted by PeterJohn View Post
    Since when is a 6800rpm limit a high rev engine? Rev limit does not equel piek Torque or horsepower.
    Hold on a minute before this turns into an argument, how many v10 Bi-turbo engines do you know revs much higher?

All I know is what I have be told my a source inside Quattro GmbH that the reason for the engine capacity dropping to 5.0L instead of the S6's 5.2L was to thicken the cylinder walls to help cooling and allow it to rev higher than it normal for a engine of it's size with turbos.

that looks like the rev limit of a v10tt - much like our current tt unit.
    dave
    '03 rs6
    '04 allroad tdi

It looks very real to me. Just can't wait to see the real thing!!

Quote Originally Posted by skiwi View Post
    that looks like the rev limit of a v10tt - much like our current tt unit.
    Exactly and it had 2 less cylinders and minus 800cc.

Quote Originally Posted by phil_s6 View Post
    Oh yeah, there's a cheap idea, lets take the 'more expensive than its weight in gold' gearbox from the Veyron and put it in the RS6.
    I don't think it will get a DSG. It would drive up the cost significantly, with only a small benefit over a fast shifting automatic. And considering they are already pushing the boundries with this car, it would be a mistake to complicate it even further.

I thought you were saying that a DSG box is inherently weak. With uprated clutch plates, the transverse DSG boxes are attached to 600Nm HGP turbo engines. The box is under rated at 350Nm. The DSG system is in fact inherently stronger than a regular manual. It eliminates human error, spreads the workload over two multi plate clutches, and creates a smooth transition. The only problem is that Audi now has a mix of old and new platforms in its line up, so they have to wait to launch a lengthwise DSG untill the model range is on a uniform platform.

I also think autotrader is wrong, and the Golf concept has a regular torque converter automatic.
    Mazda MX-5 (Miata NB)

The pics are nice.
    A lot of interesting opinions, but some thoughts nevertheless:
    1) the rims are 20" and the brakes are very special up to 390-400 mm in size.
    2) MMI is more or less standard just to see that it is an RS6 car
    3) the flares are wider but we can't see it for sure. The question about restyling is open.
    4) the tah is up 7000RPM - it's gonna be an automatic tranny to cope with such torque. For sure, Audi wouldn't spend great money to make a new DSG for the old non-MLP platform. They also couny money and possible profits from this innovation - it's not evitable. We will see new DSG cars in a few years on MLP platform.
    the speed is up to 330 km/h - usually automanufacturers set up this figure as real max speed + 30 km/h. So it's probably will go up to 300 km/h. And we hope it won't be delimited at 250 km/h.
    5) the stick is an automatic one. No manual for such car. If you wish manual - buy RS4, if you wish automatic - buy RS6, if you wish DSG - buy new MLP car, such as RS5 which wil be fitted with a new generation DSG. As far as I underdstand, this DSG for MLP will transit to almost all new Audi's models.

Hope to get even more info soon.
    Waiting for official release in July-))

recap: no dsg in the rs6 guys. but an ultra fast auto. revs could still stay basically the same as in the s6 with the two turbos. displacement was decreased to strengthen the cylinders due to the TORQUE baby. and you wouldn't need to increase the revs much, hence.

besides, the mule may have had an s6 tach anyway so we could all be wrong if we're assuming the redline stays the same.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10