Thread: Top Story + Pics: RUF Club - Driver's Training on Hockenheim

Top Story + Pics: RUF Club - Driver's Training on Hockenheim

I have fled a cold Sweden for a special trip to the south of Germany.
    It’s not the weather that draws me, but a longed-for visit to the Hockenheim race track where the legendary Porsche tuner RUF is holding their driver’s training.

RUF owners from all over the world have gathered. Some have even flown in their cars from around the world. On stage is for instance 2 Carrera GT, a race-prepped RUF GT2 on slicks, RUF BTR, GT3 RS, Porsche Supercup, a couple of R Turbos, RUF 3400S…too many cars to list them all.
    In total there’s about 40 cars so excuse me for not counting the total number of horsepowers.
    Since I’m Swedish I take a special note that the box besides us is occupied by a Koenigsegg CCR. Apparently there for the sport auto Supertest as it was seen on Nürburgring a couple of days later.

The day begins with training of the different sections, then a superb lunch followed by free driving around Hockenheim.
    The Carrera GT V10s howl and had I closed my eyes I would have mistaken this for a Formula 1 race. Despite the GTs brute force it is not the fastest car on track. Instead it’s the RUF GT2 that keeps a surrealistic pace. I can’t imagine myself driving that fast on a race track! Well, the rest of the participants aren’t exactly holding back either. Could it be the prices for best driver that challenges?

RUF has just brought a compressor kit for the 996 and 997 Carrera to the market.
    Increasing the performance with about 60 hp this gives close to Turbo-performance in a Carrera. One of RUF’s test drivers, a.k.a. Mr. Böse (Mr. Angry after his driving technique…),
    offers me a product demonstration in a 996 C2 Compressor. After a couple of laps (actually after the first turn) around Hockenheim Ring it is clear that this man know how to drive a Porsche! Had I not know better, my guess would be that he’s trying to destroy the car. But everything holds together, and we pass lap after lap in warp speed. Mr. Angry likes to drive wide, and I sure don’t mind. This is entertainment on a high level and it’s a delight to see this man control the car! A new dimension opens. In one of the bends we drift like h*ll and I think “he lost it,” but a frantic use of the steering wheel and the gas pedal combined with laughter apparently saves us (I still can’t understand how he did it)
    The RUF C2 is completely stock except for a lowering kit and the compressor.
    The acceleration to 200 km/h is in the 15 second range (3.4l). Obviously an interesting investment for any Carrera owners how wants that extra. Why not surprise a 996 Turbo owner at the next track event?

Worth noting as well are the conversions for the Boxster. The Aerokit transforms this, in my opinion, a bit boring car into something really special. And with the 911 engine under the hood it’s sure to bring unpleasant surprises to competitors.

A couple of links.
    http://www.ruf-automobile.de/
    http://www.hockenheimring.de/
    http://www.968cs.de/Fahrtrainings/PZ...ZPF042005.html

I hope you enjoyed my story and my pictures. If you like it plase register and tell me. Spread the word to others who enjoy!
    I also drove the RUF R Turbo, but that’s another story…

Erik B www.RS6.com

This is the RUF R Turbo with at least 550 hp. The owner likes to keep it understated, hence the 4S wing.
    I wonder how many Ferraris that took the bait?

Porsche Carrera GT. Mr. Ruf to the left in orange T-shirt.

RUF Carrera 2 with the new compressor kit

Race-prepped RUF GT2 on slicks. Definetly not

The box besides was interesting. Koenigsegg CCR

I concur!

RUF makes the Boxstern complete. GT3 Aerokit and rims are wonderful. 911-engine too!

Carrera GT on its way out.

Different, but nice paint. Purple to blue. A perfect shopping car for the visit to Harrods or Bond Street.

Mr. Alois RUF

Tooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fast for me!!!

Enjoying the sound!

2 x Carrera GT and a lot of other cars.

Lamborghini Diablo GT. 80 st. were made, 79 st. still left.
    This is number 28.

This GT3 RS has been around http://www.titanic.co.uk/GT3/

"The Frog" was fast as well!

RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Encounter of the GT3:rd grade

A lot of RS...

Here are pictures from a recent factory visit to RUF in Pfaffenhausen.

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread....&threadid=5398

That Turbo "4S" sure plays tricks with the mind!!!

The RUF GALLERY is now open... Almost 80 pictures.

Welcome in!

Do you guys know where you can find/order this kind of nice stickers ?

Thanks

Fab
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ruf-h-52.jpg 
Views:	2716 
Size:	75.1 KB 
ID:	2803  

Originally posted by Fab
    Do you guys know where you can find/order this kind of nice stickers ?
    The Nürburgring one you can buy in the petrol station, at Nürburg of course.

I guess it's the same with the others, it helps to be around the track itself.

But dont forget, its absolutley forbiden to put track sticker on car if you have not been lapping the specific track
    "Learning by doing"

"It's racing, bullfighting and mountain climbing - the rest is just games"
    ..Hemingway..

well you are right guys.

Will have to wait the car and then plan some track week ends

but I like the idea of stickers on the side rear window

cheers

Fab

the first red one whit slicks were nice and the "definetly the most fun you can have whit your clotes on"sticker...

Great coverage, Erik. I just love the stock-lookalike Rufs.

What's in the RGT package btw?

Re: Top Story + Pics: RUF Club - Driver's Training on Hockenheim

Originally posted by Erik
    Different, but nice paint. Purple to blue. A perfect shopping car for the visit to Harrods or Bond Street.

ahh... great Erik thanks... now my girl wants me to have her MX-5 painted that way...

The Netherlands (near amsterdam for the americans) :P
    Didn't you see a CTR-2??? Or did you ever see it in your whole live.. I never see picture's of that one.. Only sometimes the CTR yellow bird..
    But anyways really nice pictures! proff?

A video from the event is now ready. Just got the e-mail. Will have to order...

Aweseme pictures! Thanks for sharing.
    Gabriel