Thread: AVANT! B7 AVANT! NY AVANT! RS4!!

Atlanta, Georgia and Ramat-Hasharon,Israel

Thumbs up AVANT! B7 AVANT! NY AVANT! RS4!! - In NY On ICE!!

Article (Sorry 1/same pic)

First Audi RS4 Avant Photos, Reveal Planned for quattro Night New York Tonight!

"In a bold move that will most assuredly make a huge splash, Audi has announced the debut of its no-holds-barred RS4 Avant at quattro Night New York, a corporate rave party planned tonight at a secret location in the heart of Manhattan according to Audi AG spokesperson Avril Imbecile.
    “We still have not decided on whether the car will come to the United States,” stated Dunnkopf. Certainly there are rabid fans of the car, but whether there is a market for the high performance family hauler remains to be seen.

In a move to go head to head with domestic rivals, Audi’s marketing agency has devised an ad campaign described to Fourtitude staff as “the FSI drag race commercial”. Expect to see two young drivers in a B5 S4 pull up next to a Q7 SUV towing an RS4 Avant. The drivers of the B5 will roll down their window and ask “Hey, is that an FSI?” The driver of the Q7 will say “yes” and launch hard at the greenlight.

The commercial will debut at the New York event this evening. An ice-skating display at Rockefeller Center will continue the event, followed by the brilliant RS4 Avant racing around the famous ice-rink with Audi Sport North America driver Tom Kristensen at the wheel.

While space is limited at the RS4 Avant rave in Manhattan, we’re told you can get tickets at the door if you mention you’re a Fourtitude reader, just remember the date. It’s tonight… April 1."

We need some rs6'ers from up north to investigate this and get us the pics and info and everything you can get !!!

oh man is that going to rock!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rs4_avant.jpg 
Views:	4074 
Size:	48.0 KB 
ID:	2585  
    Last edited by RS4Ever; April 1st, 2005 at 08:40.
    :thumb: Buckle Up and Enjoy The Ride.

Thanks!

If they're not gonna sell it why bother market it?

On the other hand it's April 1:st...
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

It's Coming to America to like Eddie Murphy!
    Woo-Hoo!

They wouldn't show it here if it wasn't coming!
    I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!

Damn March is not coming quick enough!

Drag racing
    and no jokes about men with false eyelashes (angel eyes Darling) and high heels - you missed something there.
    R+C

"While space is limited at the RS4 Avant rave in Manhattan, we’re told you can get tickets at the door if you mention you’re a Fourtitude reader, just remember the date. It’s tonight… April 1."

makes you think......April 1st huh...

Originally posted by Nordschleife
    Drag racing
    and no jokes about men with false eyelashes (angel eyes Darling) and high heels - you missed something there.
    R+C

Let's see, April 1st. Hmmm....

Oh well. This Avant (April 1st or NOT) looks fantastic. How could anyone choose the Saloon version over it? To each there own, but if this really DOES make it Stateside, then THIS would be the one I want, same color, same everything. It simply looks gorgeous!

Ben

What a sick joke....

I would love that car as well.
    But probably in Phantom Black.

Still praying for an Avant stateside here.....

kj
    Kurt Jones - Los Angeles, CA USA
    http://www.surfshooter.com
    http://www.kurtjones.com
    [img]http://homepage.mac.com/kj17/.Pictures/bmw-sig.jpg[/img]

cruel april 1st joke...makes you wonder again why Audi doesn't make an effert to bring the HIGH end avants to the US.

RS4 Avant: Bring it!

Maybe i think simple, but the car is introduced on "Quattro night New York" do that not mean the RS4 avant will comes also availeble in the states.

wfg, Hans.

Someone help me out here; I'm not an expert on the april fools tradition...is it largely an american phenomenom?

Iceman, April 1st is the day when we traditionally spread great tales of fabulous interest. Which are all untrue. We then sit back and chuckle as we watch those we've hoodwinked slowly come to the realization of their supreme gullability.

Hence: RS4 Avant coming to the states? I don't think so.

Our National Public Radio station even did a long and hilarious bit about people being killed by Maple Trees (the ones which give off maple syrup), when the trees become too engorged. They talked to experts, had audio clips of the trees 'exploding', and the announcer had just enough gravitas to suck you in if you weren't paying attention.

Sorry for the ramble. Class dismissed.

Now: bring the friggin' RS4 to the US, Audi!

Originally posted by rheudabaga
    Someone help me out here; I'm not an expert on the april fools tradition...is it largely an american phenomenom?

Iceman, April 1st is the day when we traditionally spread great tales of fabulous interest. Which are all untrue. We then sit back and chuckle as we watch those we've hoodwinked slowly come to the realization of their supreme gullability.
    Hence: RS4 Avant coming to the states? I don't think so.
    Now: bring the friggin' RS4 to the US, Audi!
    Here in Europe it is the same thing on April 1st.
    I realiced it to late the RS4 avant introduction was a April fools joke.
    But wat is the reason they do not bring the RS4 avant to the US.
    Do the US have A4 or S4 avants ????? so yes, then why not the RS4 avant.

wfg, Hans.

Great question. The obviously don't believe they would sell as well here. We didn't get the RS6 Avant either.

I do have an S6 Avant, but I'm not confident that they will bring the C6 S6 Avant here even.

Bummer, really.

There's a whole load of stuff that won't be incorporated into the federalised RS4, like the bucket seats, so why not just import your own RS4 Avant directly from Europe? The exchange rate isn't going to remain so bad for ever.

Originally posted by tailpipe
    There's a whole load of stuff that won't be incorporated into the federalised RS4, like the bucket seats, so why not just import your own RS4 Avant directly from Europe? The exchange rate isn't going to remain so bad for ever.

Because.................. its not for the feint hearted, it takes a lot of work, and the exchange rate IS going to remain bad for quite some time (read years rather than months), although there could be a temporary improvement later this year.

They will do what they have done before, import the bits, which is easier and cheaper in the long run.

R+C

Originally posted by Nordschleife
    Because.................. its not for the feint hearted, it takes a lot of work, and the exchange rate IS going to remain bad for quite some time (read years rather than months), although there could be a temporary improvement later this year.

They will do what they have done before, import the bits, which is easier and cheaper in the long run.

R+C
    Correct. I know of a couple of examples of ones that HAVE gone through with the process. It is INDEED not for the faint of heart. So much wasted time and $$$, it's ridiculous. People here complain as it is about paying more than $70K for the upcoming RS 4. Can you imagine them paying the equivalent of $100K+!

As for the dollar to Euro ratio, I believe Nordschleife is correct. I do not see the Dollar "gaining" on the Euro significantly any time soon. Did Germany or any other European country authorize "creation" of an additional $80 Billion dollars for the US's "war efforts"? Didn't think so. And don't think for one minute that those countries will want to "inflate" their money (read create more fiat currency) to such an extreme extent, just to appease American consumers. Not going to happen. Boo hoo, poor us.

Ben