Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pics: The new Audi RS4!!!

The RS4 from the pictures is equipted with a 425hp 'non-turbo' 4.2 V8 FSI engine. They are also testing a version that produces 450hp @ 9000 Rpm.
    450 hp at 9000 rpm? Wow! I can imagine the sound of the 8 cylinder engine at 9000 rpm. Even the new m5 makes 8250 rpm. It would be a monster if it makes that much revolution.

Originally posted by jackal
    now you are talking about a tuned RS4, this one is stock... If this one gets a little tun up it probely get faster?!! dont you think so?!!
    No, turbo engines, like Audi made, could be tuned to make 70hp more with only a chip mapping. A high stressed NA engine probally will have almost no gains from a chip tuning.

I'm inclined to agree with Nordschleife about this possibly being a tuned S4. If you look at the evidence, then a) it has the Kempten number plate, and b) If you look at the previous A4 over RS4 and the A6 over RS6, then Audi have done way more body work enhancements than just a spoiler and real bumper tail to the RS models.
    I'm hoping that the new RS4 will really stand out from the S4 Visually, and not just a bumper restyle.... I think most will agree ?

Originally posted by Kram
    No, turbo engines, like Audi made, could be tuned to make 70hp more with only a chip mapping. A high stressed NA engine probally will have almost no gains from a chip tuning.
    Well there are other ways to tun a car then by using chip.

But what my point was that you said that a tuned rs4 turbo would be faster, but it not fair to compare a tuned and a stock car. Would the the stock turbo RS4 be faster then the stock non-turbo RS4?? Don't think so!!!

Big picture of the RS4 in AMS... What a beauty!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rs4.jpg 
Views:	3565 
Size:	76.6 KB 
ID:	2048  

Hmmm...the Abt observation/explanation is surely a good one, but the styling clues appear out line with what we usually see from Abt - i.e. no quad pipes, factory wheels etc. In fact, although many parts of the car looks like a hotted S4 rather than a factory product, the wheels and exhaust and maybe even the rather aggressive front intakes are not necessarily inconsistent with RS..

The engine news is consistent with AMS article. As regards the most promising weight reduction and performance rumours, we will just have to wait and see. With the S4 and A6, we saw similar "whisper claims" (i.e. S4; inofficial versions with 371PS & clearly beating the M3 on track and A6: very high aluminium content although with conventional steel body) which did not at all bear out in the final production versions.
    Last edited by QuattroFun; October 17th, 2004 at 18:47.

Originally posted by steve
    Big picture of the RS4 in AMS... What a beauty!
    Couldn't agree more. Nice picture.

Originally posted by Nordschleife
    This is an Abt version of an A/S4. Look at the number plate, its from Kempten.
    You can usually spot Abt, they have a taste problem, like most tuners.
    R+C
    I actually don't think is a real ABT version. If you compare it to the recent stuff ABT is making there is a big difference in styling (and taste). The front of the RS4 in no way can be compared to for example the latest ABT AS400. The front is completely different as is the back of the car. Also the exhaustpipes are non ABT.

Do check www.abt-sportsline.de to see for yourselves.

Most convincing however is the use of the new formed head and taillights. I don't believe ABT has been given the opportunity to use the refreshed/renewed A/S4 form that quickly.

So trust your eyes. This is the new RS4 wihout turbo's!!
    Audi fahr gut, und schnell!

So could it be an Audi RS4 disguised as an Abt AS4?

Pretty clever if so.

One thing that surprised me was that Abt would spend
    the money to put a cage into a development car,
    and a brand new model as well. Or perhaps they didn't
    Sorry, but does Abt has that kind of budget?

And why didn't they use their own wheels and exhaust in that case?
    Note side skirts are different as well. The black one has S/RS style, so if it's Abt it's at least based on the new S4.

Abt AS400
    http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread....ighlight=as400

Front lamps disquised with eyelids.

And WHY did the disguise the rear lamps?

Last edited by quattro; October 18th, 2004 at 15:07.
    Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Well, is it just me or is that auto magazine-pic identical (except for the eyelids, which looks more like a cover than a design thing...) to the one from the ring? Well, nontheless it looks very good.
    I noticed the ring-car has a pretty big antenna on the right side of the roof, exactly hos serious would Abt get when it comes to Nürburgring?
    I also noticed the absence of side mirrors in silver trim, but that doesn't tell us much.

I must say that blacked out grill looks fantastic!

Cheers.
    :snow:

Originally posted by Snow
    ...I must say that blacked out grill looks fantastic!

Cheers.

But to me, that's what is such a shame. The grille in these pics does look good, I agree...however, I believe it's b/c of the fact that you can't see the true lines of the grille which in my opinion doesn't look good at all.

Nick

PS What is the difference between the RS4 and the S4, also price if someone can break it down for me please? This whole time, I thought the RS4 was simply the wagon type S4 that was available only in Europe. ??? Thanks!

Originally posted by Nickerz
    PS What is the difference between the RS4 and the S4
    Well, the RS4 hasn't been released yet but see it as an S6 vs. RS6.

The previous RS4 was only available in wagon, the new one will be both saloon and wagon.

Main difference will be RS = More power, higher revs , more racing, more anger , more everything.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Hello all, this is my first post here. I've been lurking for a long time. More recently have found a lot of interest about the long anticipated RS4. I've just made some observations of recent photos caught of this impending model.

I've compared several photos and I think that if the black test mule with the "KE" registration is the RS4, then the silver Avant also with "KE" registration is probably a B6 "hybrid" RS4 test mule. Due to the following observations:

1 Extended rear wheel-arch
    2 Similar-shaped (like RS6) deep front-spoiler
    3 "KE" registration from same town
    4 Roof antenna for ?telemetry during testing

Would be interesting to see if the rear of the avant has similar shaped exhaust as the black one.

Hope the picture I made works
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rs4mule.jpg 
Views:	1729 
Size:	83.5 KB 
ID:	2104  

Originally posted by Erik
    Well, the RS4 hasn't been released yet but see it as an S6 vs. RS6.

The previous RS4 was only available in wagon, the new one will be both saloon and wagon.

Main difference will be RS = More power, higher revs , more racing, more anger , more everything.
    Thanks Erik! Appreciate the feed back!

Nick

If you don't like the fact the next RS4 won't have turbos you could always buy a BMW in the future

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News_Article.asp?NA_ID=211654

"The big news, however, is the return of turbocharging for its petrol engines. In a bid to go one better than the executive-class competition, BMW is planning to introduce a 340bhp turbocharged 3.0-litre six in a sporting 330 Ti model.

A gutsy new 400bhp 4.0-litre V8 engine from BMW’s M-division will crown the line-up in March 2006 as an eagerly anticipated follow-up to today’s M3."
    Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Yeah, but you can't buy M-series with turbo either

- Yak

Originally posted by Yak
    Yeah, but you can't buy M-series with turbo either

- Yak
    They don't need them.

:s4addict: