PDA

View Full Version : AUDI in F1 ???

AndyBG
September 13th, 2006, 01:57
Spyker Cars N.V. (“Spyker”) manufacturer of high-end sport cars today announced that it has acquired Midland F1 Racing Limited (“MF1 Racing”) of Silverstone, United Kingdom from Midland Resources Holding Ltd.

!!! ...*Announcement on 2007 engine supply agreement to follow shortly ... !?!?!

http://www.fourtitude.com/news/publish/Industry_Tuner_News/article_2538.shtml

AndyBG
September 13th, 2006, 15:02
No coments?

Anybody...

This could be very interesting, maybe a new era in F1...

...Audi + racing = DIESEL !

Fab
September 13th, 2006, 15:20
Andy you posted :cry: you just overpassed the magic number :D

Well next target is 997 ;)

Benman
September 13th, 2006, 16:06
Originally posted by Fab
Andy you posted :cry: you just overpassed the magic number :D

That's ok, next he can shoot for the "Audi 5000" posts like me.:D

I would think Audi is interested in F1, but I'm not sure if they're willing to play the politics yet. Take ALMS. Recently, the governing body of ALMS has decided to take away the TDI advantage by allowing the Dyson cars to be lighter and carry more fuel! Needless to say, Audi was outraged and even threatened to leave the series! So if they don't like those politics, how could they ever hang in F1?!?

Not to mention that at this point, Audi is so "addicted" to winning, that it would be extremely hard for them to enter a series where no matter how much $$$ you throw into something won't guaranty you victories (witness Toyota). Audi "invested" upwards of $50million on Le Mans, more than any manufacture ever has. So yeah, they're used to throwing big bucks at a motorsport program. But they'd have to throw a whole lot more than that to be competetive....

Ben:addict:

AndyBG
September 13th, 2006, 17:33
You are wright. but Spyker uses Audi and only Audi engines in their road cars, what they will use in F1 car?

Benman
September 13th, 2006, 17:59
Originally posted by AndyBG
You are wright. but Spyker uses Audi and only Audi engines in their road cars, what they will use in F1 car?

Not sure, but an Audi engine shouldn't be too far of a stretch. Just not sure how Audi will feel supplying engines to a "losing" team...

AndyBG
September 13th, 2006, 18:20
Originally posted by Benman
Not sure, but an Audi engine shouldn't be too far of a stretch. Just not sure how Audi will feel supplying engines to a "losing" team...

Yes, but you have to start from somewhere, I think they will use Spyker as ''ground zero'' for their ''uprise'' in F1...

After all, BMW and now Mercedes have their 100% F1 teams...

Leadfoot
September 13th, 2006, 22:10
Originally posted by AndyBG
Yes, but you have to start from somewhere, I think they will use Spyker as ''ground zero'' for their ''uprise'' in F1...

After all, BMW and now Mercedes have their 100% F1 teams...

Yes, but unless you are winning there is no benefit to brand image and this is the only reason to go into motorsport. The fact that Audi has won Le Mans for so long it's starting to lose it's benefit for the company overall. Audi does need to find something else to move into, be it rallying, F1 or my personally favourite Le Mans GT2 class with the new R8. They could enter two versions, a 5.2L v10 petrol and a 6.0L v12 diesel.:D

MR USER
September 14th, 2006, 12:12
What about a Ferrari with an Audi diesel engine???
Wouldn't that be nice?

I honestly doubt Audi is willing to spend that money in F1...
After all they have been inmost of the series on and off track and won almost everything... there must be a reason why in the last 30 years they never attempted racing Formula cars.... I do not konw what that is but I'm sure that someone here can asnwer that!!!

AndyBG
September 14th, 2006, 13:58
I can't answer that question, but I am SURE that AUDI will enter F1, sooner or later, it has to.

Its two biggest rivals are there and they are there to stay, from marketing point of view its important for AUDI to be involved.

Just my 0.3, we will see.

IulianUM
September 14th, 2006, 16:52
Well , for the next season I don´t think Audi will jump to F1 .

Source F1Racing.net

Speaking about his plans for the upcoming year Spyker MF1 Racing team boss Colin Kolles admits there are a few options for an engine deal. "There are still two or three options."

Ferrari is one of these options. Kolles explains: "There is a Ferrari connection because people who are shareholders in Ferrari are also shareholders in Spyker. We are always in contact with Ferrari."

But for the 2008 season with the new regulations and one year to develop a new V8 engine , now that the "only" thing that Audi Sport have to do is to refine the R10 , who knows ... probably Dr. Wolfgang Ullrich .:race:

BTW Colin Kolles is also the boss of the Audi team Futurecom TME in the DTM , and Red Bull is a big sponsor of another team (for 2007 seems that Red Bull or Toro Rosso will have Renault engines , Briatore said )

Althoug it has a big marketing benefit I would like better Audi participating in a lot of different Racing Series than just F1 , even if they are less glamorous they are more fun and much more competitive .:vhmmm:

AndyBG
September 17th, 2006, 20:42
The reason I started this...

... Spyker C8 Laviolette ...

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/test_technik/faszinationauto/spyker_c8_laviolette_glas_an_der_freud.115816.htm

IulianUM
September 20th, 2006, 01:59
And a beautiful reason Andy , what a combination , stunning design , classic interiors and Audi engine .:heart: