PDA

View Full Version : 9/11, it was five years ago

Mr Balsen
September 11th, 2006, 00:00
Yes 5 years ago, we all saw those movies of the Twin Towers and those two planes.....

Sorry to say that but I can't still believe it did happen ! ! !

All my prayers to those who died that day and their families as well.

Cheers,
Frederic

AndyBG
September 11th, 2006, 13:06
Same here...

JavierNuvolari
September 11th, 2006, 15:50
Yup...I remember being in my bed recovering from an apendix surgery...and well....I could not believe what I was watching until I saw the second plane.

Sep/11 is also a mourning day for people here in Chile, this day conmemorates the take down of the communist president Salvador Allende.

Not a catholic but I do send good karma for all those people mourning their love ones.

Javier Ovalle

3abdo
September 11th, 2006, 18:11
same here... But i still cant figure out who could think of something like this?? he have to be clinicly insane, or maybe he eats plutonium, i dont konw...

Benman
September 11th, 2006, 19:22
Originally posted by JavierNuvolari
Yup...I remember being in my bed recovering from an apendix surgery...and well....I could not believe what I was watching until I saw the second plane.

My father and I were on our way to work when the radio station went to "breaking news". Couldn't believe our ears.

Sad that after 5 years, not much has changed in this country for the better... Even sadder that perhaps even more countries than before are pissed off at the US "leaders"...

Ben:addict:

QuattroFan
September 11th, 2006, 20:01
Condi is in town today to give some sort of speech.

Leadfoot
September 11th, 2006, 22:54
I remember, I was building our house and was clearing the site and burning the rubbish, the mobile phone rung and the wife told me the news that a plane had crashed into one of the Twin Towers. At that point I like everyone though it was just a plane disaster, a terrible thing, I thought of all the people who had died but just a unfortunate disaster. I decided to stop work and drive back home, before I even got finished up at the site, the wife rung again to say that a second plane had crashed into the second tower. This was the chilling point I realised that this wasn't just a disaster, but a terrorist attack.

Though I have no time for Mr Bush as a leader, I commend him and his people for the way they rallied around each other, none more than the police and firemen of NY. In my opinion, disasters no matter what form be it natural or man made lead to one thing, they bring people together.

Yes they scare the hell out of us, but at the same time make us more resilient to fight them no matter what.

3abdo
September 30th, 2006, 09:31
if by them, u mean terrorist, u can't fight them, for the simple reason that you don't know who they are, they could be anybody...

Leadfoot
September 30th, 2006, 12:59
if by them, u mean terrorist, u can't fight them, for the simple reason that you don't know who they are, they could be anybody...

When I said fight them, I meant fight the effects of what they do, we all know that the identidy of only a few high profile ones are known.