PDA

View Full Version : European Meeting for RS6.com members

Mr Balsen
September 3rd, 2006, 16:23
After reading Benman drove 5-6 hours for a little rs§.com meeting at Pink Taco, we have to move our lazy butt on this side of the ocean ! ! ! !

Where do we meet ?

Nurburgring ?
Ingolstadt ?
Paris ?

In case of Ingolstadt, I can organize a big event with MTM and Audi Tradition (Museum + secret surprise)

So what do we do ? ? ?

Cheers,
Frederic

freerider
September 3rd, 2006, 17:28
I would prefer Nurburgring or Ingolstadt. But it has to be planned ahead a lot for everybody (or most people) to be albe to make it, I think.

Johan

Mr Balsen
September 3rd, 2006, 17:51
Actually, Ingostadt wil make sense for me either. And I can help more there.

Cheers,
Frederic

Klint
September 3rd, 2006, 18:47
I believe there's a trip to the 'Ring and that being put together for 2007. Guest of honour all the way from the states would be Benman and his missus, along with Erik from Sweden...plus a couple others from rs6.com.

mr
September 4th, 2006, 06:51
I'd prefer Ingolstadt.

rgds
mr

Leadfoot
September 4th, 2006, 08:08
I hope it coincides with when I collect my TT from the factory. I was think of April or May, but could leave it as late as mid June.

roadrunner
September 4th, 2006, 08:50
Ingolstadt would be my favorit as well. But we could swing by Neckarsulm (quattro GmbH :D ) as well - it is not that far away. And April/May would be a good time.

Keep us posted :)

Greets
Seb.

Erik
September 4th, 2006, 09:27
I would try to make it, but prefer the Ring.

AndyBG
September 4th, 2006, 12:22
Originally posted by Leadfoot
I hope it coincides with when I collect my TT from the factory. I was think of April or May, but could leave it as late as mid June.

Maybe its best for everybody to come with their RS / S cars, so there could be biggest possible number of them.

Fab
September 4th, 2006, 14:15
This sounds very good. I am fine for Ingolstadt and would be glad to visit MTM as well hehe.

As mentionned this should be planned well ahead to make shure everybody can make it.

This is a great idea and RS6.com must have its offcial annual meeting :thumb:

gjg
September 4th, 2006, 21:38
Ingolstadt for me, as long as there is enough time to plan the trip ... :thumb:

Benman
September 5th, 2006, 16:26
Originally posted by gjg
Ingolstadt for me, as long as there is enough time to plan the trip ... :thumb:

Ingolstadt or The Ring works fine as I'll be in both locations when I'm out there next year. Problem is, it will be September (good weather and not too crowded, so I hear.;) ) so not sure how that month works for everyone else. Maybe even a "double" meet for those that can make The Ring, but not Ingolstadt and visa versa...

Ben:addict:

gjg
September 10th, 2006, 20:23
I'll give you a ride to Ingolstadt for the meeting and your management can happily spent YOUR money in Prague in the meantime - I have some very well qualified people who can assist in that department ... :D

Fab
September 11th, 2006, 07:48
So who is motivated to start organising it :D

freerider
September 11th, 2006, 17:42
Originally posted by Fab

I'm motivated to come :p

I hope I have my car (hopefulle a nice Audi A3 8L TDI) by then.

Benman
September 11th, 2006, 18:27
Originally posted by Fab

Don't mind helping a bit if needed.

It's funny that you're so anxious to spend my $$$ George!:applause:

gjg
September 11th, 2006, 20:53
Ben, this is not true ...
It's funny that you're so anxious to spend my $$$ George!

I said:

your management can happily spent YOUR money in Prague in the meantime ....

there's a difference - however if you insist ...

====================

not to steal the threat to spending Ben's money - I can try to help as well with the event :thumb:

Benman
September 11th, 2006, 21:06
Originally posted by gjg

there's a difference - however if you insist ...

What I meant is that you're too "generous" to show my wife how to spend my $$$. You and Frederic are "true" friends. :applause: And I'm assuming Luba is the "well qualified" person in that department...

Mr Balsen
September 11th, 2006, 21:39
Let me wait end of the month to know more about what can be done at Ingolstadt ! ! ! !

Don't worry for Paris, my friend, your credit card will be on fire in a matter of hours if not minutes once your are there....

Fred

Benman
September 11th, 2006, 21:46
Originally posted by Mr Balsen

Don't worry for Paris, my friend, your credit card will be on fire in a matter of hours if not minutes once your are there....

Fred

You are talking to the King of the Budget. I once did a 31 day road trip (with relative) for a total cost of $660.00 per person. And no, that is not a typo. You scare me not!:D

Mr Balsen
September 11th, 2006, 21:48
Ben,

On Google Earth, your target is:

48°52'04.64" N 2°19'48.79" E

Fred

Mr Balsen
September 11th, 2006, 21:49
Originally posted by Benman
You are talking to the King of the Budget. I once did a 31 day road trip (with relative) for a total cost of $660.00 per person. And no, that is not a typo. You scare me not!:D

600 US dollars, that's not even the price of the brochure where will go your wife ! ! ! !

Fred

Benman
September 11th, 2006, 22:06
600 US dollars, that's not even the price of the brochure where will go your wife ! ! ! !

Fred :applause:

Seriously though... September 07' is when my family is planning on visiting. It is that, or Spring of 08' (there are some big things going on right now in my personal life. Good, but big...).

Which for the members here is a better time? Mayish, or Septemberish? I've heard from George that both or nice, but problem is, I can only pic one.

What would everyone else like for a date? Does next September work well?

Fab
September 12th, 2006, 07:33
Let me wait end of the month to know more about what can be done at Ingolstadt ! ! ! !

Fred Looking forward to knowing more :bye:

roadrunner
September 12th, 2006, 10:01
Originally posted by Benman
[B

What would everyone else like for a date? Does next September work well?

Ben:addict: [/B]

Ben & rest of the gang :)

Sep. 2007 suits me well - I will be in germany at that time anyway (as every two years):

IAA 2007 Frankfurt car show :0:

Look forward to things to come. :addict:

MR USER
September 12th, 2006, 19:01
Any time any place will do for me.

If someone wants to drive along from Geneve to destination I'll be more than happy!!!

Fab
September 13th, 2006, 07:22
Originally posted by MR USER
Any time any place will do for me.

If someone wants to drive along from Geneve to destination I'll be more than happy!!! shure :incar:

IulianUM
September 14th, 2006, 17:07
Please those of us that are far away of the homeland (of the cars) need time to think , to prepare ... and to convince people , you know who I am talking about ...:vgrumpy:

Fab
September 14th, 2006, 17:18
:D :argue: :D

MR USER
September 14th, 2006, 22:30
Iulianum,
you could try with the argument thet your main purpose is to visit a very famous jewler and you want to bring her along

Fab
October 6th, 2006, 11:32
Any news on our project ? I remember Mr. Baslen suggesting a nice ride to Audi's headquarter and a visit of MTM.

Benman
October 6th, 2006, 15:37
That I'm aware of, no new news, but then, we have plenty of time.

One suggestion. If someone wants to check on what a day rental of the Nordschleife would run? Last year when I was there, the "Old Foggies" car club (their literal name :D) was renting the Nordschliefe for one morning only (8am-11am). There was only about 40 cars there so I'm assuming those guys split the cost. Have no idea what that would run, but just a thought. Never know, a weekday morning rental might not be as bad as we would think and would be indescribable to have the whole place to ourselves.

Once we know the $$$ involved, we could put it to a vote. Again, just thinking out loud.

Also, a tour of quattro GmbH would be good (and also free :D) and can be easily arranged if any are interested.:cheers:

Klint
October 6th, 2006, 16:41
Ben,

Good suggestion, I can understand if there was some large corporate sponsorship/hospitality going on to justify a Nurburgring rental (!!!!!!!) otherwise 5+Euro a lap suits me fine.

A tour of quattro GmbH sounds good.

Benman
October 6th, 2006, 17:36
Ben,

Good suggestion, I can understand if there was some large corporate sponsorship/hospitality going on to justify a Nurburgring rental (!!!!!!!) otherwise 5+Euro a lap suits me fine.

A tour of quattro GmbH sounds good.

I see your point. But its a matter of economics. Now, let's say, this thing ends up big and say 40 people show up. Now, lets say, we all get 5 laps. Last I checked, the price per lap is now 16 Euro (funny, my first trip there, it was 6 Euro!!!). So, if 40 people bought 5 laps each (which isn't too much of a stretch)... you're looking at 3200 Euro! That is a lot of $$$ right there. And I'm thinking, just thinking, a morning rental might not be too much more than that. I'm willing to pitch in some extra dough... and I think I might know a certain RUF dealer that might possibly be interested in co-sponsoring. :D

Again, it's just a thought. We'd have to find out the price first and if Nurburgring even does that anymore.

Mr Balsen
October 6th, 2006, 18:58
I will know more next week.

Cheers,
Frederic

7:53 RS6
October 6th, 2006, 19:26
Sounds like fun. I rather meet up at the Green Hell aka the ring than any other place.

There are some old fun racecars that could be rented for some driving as well a friend have a house we might use(rent) just next to Sabines house at the ring.
Some times we plenty of persons at this house, kind of like skibums.(racebums):dig: Just eating brake pads for morning lunch and beer at night:cheers: Well anyway the normal rental is god fun at the ring as well.

God ide anyway this one:thumb:

Mr Balsen
October 6th, 2006, 21:48
To Mr Ben:

Boucheron received today a 15 millions euros ring. It includes a 24 carat ruby....

Cheers from Paris,
Frederic

Leadfoot
October 7th, 2006, 08:59
To Mr Ben:

Boucheron received today a 15 millions euros ring. It includes a 24 carat ruby....

Cheers from Paris,
Frederic

Frederic,

If you reckon that Ben could buy his wife this ring, then sure he could buy the ring for us boys to play on.:jlol:

Skaala
October 7th, 2006, 11:31
Ingolstadt is my favourite too

Mr Balsen
October 7th, 2006, 13:07
Frederic,

If you reckon that Ben could buy his wife this ring, then sure he could buy the ring for us boys to play on.:jlol:

:doh: :doh:
You are so right ! ! !

And may be, have Audi race car for each of us. Sort of RS6.com championship......

Ben, where are you ? ? ?

Ben, where are you ? ? ? ?

Cheers,
Frederic

MR USER
October 8th, 2006, 21:19
I'll be there with Audi lapping for 2 days the beginnig of november... I can ask!!!

Benman
October 9th, 2006, 18:03
Frederic,

:applause:

So true! Frederic, the price of that ring is so out of my range, my wallet ran off and hid and now I can't find it.

Leadfoot
October 9th, 2006, 23:37
:applause:

So true! Frederic, the price of that ring is so out of my range, my wallet ran off and hid and now I can't find it.

Check the wife's handbag, she already has it packed for the trip and her magical shopping trip in Paris with Frederic and his brother.:hihi:

jinglis
October 14th, 2006, 14:40
Maybe the cost to rent the nurburgring is within reach...if the track is closed due to an accident apparently the cost per hour of closure is €1,350.

http://www.nurburgring.org.uk/prices.html

Benman
October 16th, 2006, 15:45
Maybe the cost to rent the nurburgring is within reach...if the track is closed due to an accident apparently the cost per hour of closure is €1,350.

http://www.nurburgring.org.uk/prices.html

Great find! This is exactly what I'm talking about. If in fact a lot of people show up, it would be well worth looking in to this as two hours (if those rates are correct) for 5 laps for 40 people would be less than buying regular tickets! And you can do a heck of a lot more than 5 laps in two hours!

gjg
October 21st, 2006, 08:47
do we have, yet, any preliminary dates to consider? :revs:

JavierNuvolari
October 22nd, 2006, 01:15
Yes Yes!! preliminary dates to consider....that way I could program my "college student" budget and take the trip to the Nurbur or wherever the meeting takes place.

Cheers all,

Javier

Tomas
October 22nd, 2006, 10:02
You can sign me up aswell :incar:
If Audi will start to sell the new RS6 in may and some one have a contact in Audi I think the most of us like to take the new RS6 for a test run.
We must the most potential byers of this one. Do anyone have the contact in Audi to try to set this up?

Tomas

Benman
October 23rd, 2006, 17:33
do we have, yet, any preliminary dates to consider? :revs:

For me, a certain someone was telling me the weather was nice where they're from around late September... ;)

Would the weekend of Sept 22/23 or /29/30 work? Was thinking about that time range...

As for a drive of the RS 6, that might not be so easy to arrange due to Neckarsulm's insurance policies. However, a ride in the new RS 6 would be different. Problem is, if it is still is prototype stage by then, then it will be a no go. It would however, be quite easy to arrange a tour of quattro GmbH for everyone.