PDA

View Full Version : My little finger told me about the R10...

Mr Balsen
June 18th, 2006, 17:25
Bonjour,

Lucky him, my little finger was invited inside the Audisport Paddock during the Le Mans Race.

For example it was obvious that the ACO was watching very closely the performance of the Audi R10. so Audi sport decided for the sunday test prior to the race to limit the torque to 1100 Nm. Pescarolo race cars did very well that day.

But on thursday of this week, Audi Sport decided to show a little bit more about the Audi R10. But not too much of course !!! Torque was set up at 1240 Nm. Audi R10 ware head of the game. Pescarolo started to realize what could happen during the race....

And then on saturday, the torque was set up at 1300Nm to win the race ! ! ! On saturday mornin, a part of the transmission was changed on one car but also on the other car to take no risk.

On sunday the turbo on one car was changed in 15 minutes. This is better thant the previous record during training in 17 minutes.

Also the R10 has dozen and dozen of parameters watched in real time. A lot more than the R8 in previous races. There is a whole team of engineers watching those parameters by group (engine, gearbox, chassis, transmissions, turbo, brakes, etc)

Cheers from Paris,
Frederic

chewym
August 17th, 2006, 08:30
Wow, very interesting news, that translates to about 959 foot-pounds of torque. Using some simple and not very accurate/using assumptions calculations that means that Audi could have had as much as about 750 hp during race day, that might be too high but I think that it definately had around around 700.