PDA

View Full Version : Its that time of the year again

Benman
May 8th, 2006, 23:16
The Julian Drive is this weekend for all Southern California guys out there...

Info: http://sccaudi.com/forms/events/06_julianDrive/registration.htm

Ever year in the past has always been a blast!

Ben:addict:

Sure hope HyOctane's car is fixed in time!

Benman
May 10th, 2006, 04:43
**bump**

Anyone?

SoCal
May 12th, 2006, 09:01
Ben,

Thanks for spreading the news about the Julian drive.

It looks like I'm going to miss it again this year. Heading to Texas for work this weekend...which isn't exactly how I'd hoped to spend Mothers Day with the family. Oh, well. Can't be helped.

Are you going to the Streets of Willow ACNA track event in June? It's on weekdays again. Would be nice to see your new track car there and check out the mods, if you can make it. I might go, with luck.

Benman
May 12th, 2006, 15:43
Originally posted by SoCal

Are you going to the Streets of Willow ACNA track event in June? It's on weekdays again. Would be nice to see your new track car there and check out the mods, if you can make it. I might go, with luck.

Dang it! Really? It's on workdays again! Come on Audi Club! I know for a fact that track is cheap to rent!!! There is no reason they couldn't have rented a weekend!:(

Dang... oh well, to answer your question, no. If it's on a workday, then I won't be able to. I've used up all my "track days" time off of work excuse for Las Vegas and the upcoming Miller events. So..

"No soup for you...next" :cry:

SoCal
May 12th, 2006, 19:38
All work and no play.... you have my sincere empathy.:cry:

Vegasguy
May 13th, 2006, 06:21
Originally posted by Benman
Dang it! Really? It's on workdays again! Come on Audi Club! I know for a fact that track is cheap to rent!!!

This issue here is probably not track cost but availability. Weekend dates are tough to get because everyone is grandfathered in from years past. Weekdays are not tough to get at most tracks.

Pete

Benman
May 14th, 2006, 03:42
Originally posted by Vegasguy
This issue here is probably not track cost but availability. Weekend dates are tough to get because everyone is grandfathered in from years past. Weekdays are not tough to get at most tracks.

Pete
I hear you Pete, but if that is the case, then Audi Club is gonna have to start renting the track earlier just like all the other clubs do. There is no way that T.C.R.A. (one of the clubs I like to do track days with) is bigger than the Audi Club, yet they rent the tracks in advance enough to secure ALL weekends. Audi can do the same.

BTW, Julian drive was a good time. Well, besides the 4 cars that didn't make the finish. Three got towed, and the other limped home...( one engine pulley failure, one engine fire (!), one belt, one accident) 4 out of 40 some cars is a 10% failure ratio. Not good. But for those of us that made it to the Red Barn, it was cool, just wish some of the other drivers had better luck with their cars.:thumb:

SoCal
May 18th, 2006, 05:43
4 out of 40 with those kinds of problems?! OMG - that's ridiculous. :cry:

What are the odds? :w: Were the mechanical problems on newer or older Audis?

I hope that whoever had the accident and the fire are o.k. and that the drive goes better next year.

Benman
May 18th, 2006, 15:42
Originally posted by SoCal
4 out of 40 with those kinds of problems?! OMG - that's ridiculous. :cry:

What are the odds? :w: Were the mechanical problems on newer or older Audis?

I hope that whoever had the accident and the fire are o.k. and that the drive goes better next year.

Yeah, 10% failure is downright embarrising!

1 of the mechanic failures was on an older Audi, the other 2 were on an 01' and a 04'!