PDA

View Full Version : Help with Nurburgring dates

jinglis
March 23rd, 2006, 02:13
How busy is the 'Ring during the week when the opening hours are between 17:45 to 19:30?

I'll be over from Toronto and plan to spend three days...will I be able to drive as many laps as I can handle each day or will I spend all my time queuing?

:incar:

Vegasguy
March 27th, 2006, 12:42
No idea, but fro point of reference I was there last June and there was a Porsche Factory driving school going on duirng the day. We were told that we would get on at 17:00 but that was delayed due to an accident. Got on about a 1/2 hour late, I waited for another 15 minutes for all the fast cars to go first and then we went. We took three laps and had time for more with ni lines.

Hope this helps,
Pete

The wreck being taken away, ouch!

Vegasguy
March 27th, 2006, 12:44
This was the slowest traffic we passed.

Vegasguy
March 27th, 2006, 12:48
Of course this guy went by so fast on track I couldn't get a picture. It was fun seeing a GT actually being used, the front was totally covered with bugs from being used all day. :)

Erik
March 27th, 2006, 13:16
Originally posted by jinglis
How busy is the 'Ring during the week when the opening hours are between 17:45 to 19:30?

Probably not so busy. You will be ok.

freerider
March 27th, 2006, 14:09
Really depends on the weather, but at that time lots of the drivers there will be gone. Driving the Ring is very tiring. Btw, take sunglasses, because at that time the sun will be quite low. Most bends are already blind, so you don't need more distraction.

Enjoy, keep it safe and have fun.

Johan

jinglis
April 5th, 2006, 05:43
Thanks for the information.

I will now be there 24th May - 27th May and the track is open all day, so I am not so worried about tracktime now!

mcmuli
April 23rd, 2006, 18:20
hi
if you want to run on the "Nordschleife" you have to pay ( I think about 10-20 Euro ) for 1 round ( about 22 KM ). But i think you can get a ticket for more than 1 round and it will be sheaper. it is very interesting to watch all those guys sometimes you see big crashes.
if you want some more information i will find out for you.
stephan from germany

MR USER
April 24th, 2006, 16:16
You can lap there by yourself. the abonaments range from 1 lap 15 euros till 750 euros for all season ticket.

I reccomand approching such a difficult and dangerous track using a driving school like Audi, BMW or the local Zac Speed.
There are several others but ou can start with these.
They do not come cheap but they will teach you very important things like lines, braking points and dangerous passages.

I have been there with both Audi and BMW and I would strogly reccomend a respectful approach to the green hell.
I know how to drive (been racing since cuple years successfully) but there I am afraid of racing, the speed you carry in some corners and the fact that there are no safety ways is making it a very dangerous place. Anybody driving there should be extremely careful.

Don't get me wrong, is the best circuit on earth and is as much fun as you can think of!
They have one offical website

http://www.nuerburgring.de/home/index.html?L=1

this is another excellent unofficial site:

http://nurburgring.org.uk/

MR USER
April 24th, 2006, 16:16
Have fun!

jinglis
April 26th, 2006, 02:00
Thank you again.

I've been reading the "Nordschleife - ideal line BMW" document in the sticky thread and driven the track many times on Gran Turismo 4...so of course I know everything there is to know ;-)

MR USER
April 26th, 2006, 07:38
I have not found a sngle simulator that is comparable to the real thing... There are so many differences!!! I have been told that there is a driving simulator for pc.. I will try it and will let you know